Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #17,131 of 48,562
cool no probs and no hard feelings.. I was just injecting my 2 cents into the mix on how the headset  should be worn for maximum imaging that's all..I did not mean any ill intentions.. Also I would love hear your impresions on the imaging of the MA900 compaired to your Q701    "How it stacks up"..   I look forward to the comparison...

Uh, I really only compared the MA900 to the K712, and now the MA900 is boxed up to ship to Calpis. Is that alright? I suppose I could pull the Q701 and do a quick A/B... may be a good service as so e people find their price close enough. From previous experience though, I'd recommend the Q701 over the MA900 if price is within reach.

Yes, I got a bit bored after the final map pack myself on PS3. I put it down for about a month and then it felt like a new game again lol. I, unfortunately, don't have the option to play that 64v64 beast of a PC version.

The BF4 beta on PS3 seems like it is nowhere near as polished as BF3. I know its only a beta but it kind of reminds me of Medal of Honor Warfighter which was a complete fail. The BF3 beta was more polished from what I remember. And don't get me started on how they changed the controls... grrrrrr... :angry_face:

BF3 beta made me buy the game, before everyone got experienced with the game and started totally tank-owning everything (with repair and advanced unlocks). Some people complained tactical flashlights were OP in the beta tho. Looking forward to trying BF4, though the download will take a while.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #17,134 of 48,562
After owning the AD900x for a couple months, they started to bother me after an hour or so.  Started to slide down my head and feel a bit clamped.  Ordered an the MA900 to give it a shot.  I don't doubt you or a_recording!

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #17,135 of 48,562
My K712 is here! Oh how I missed that openness...

Definitely a bit refined over the Anniversary but nothing major...

Oct 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #17,137 of 48,562
The MA900 sounds good off basically anything, including just off my Galaxy Note 2. The impedance compensator (the line of resistors inside of the MA900), will ensure that the frequency response won't stray far off from it's target response even with the incredibly high 23ohm U3.

The U3 is not much of an amp in any way, and I feel it's a bit on the thin side in sound, but that's not a problem for the MA900 which sounds like it always runs off a tube amp.

So yes, the U3 should be fine with the MA900, though I hope you plan on using something better at some point. The MA900 sounds great off the E17 (which in turn easily attaches to the U3's optical out, so you can use the U3 just as a Dolby processor for the E17). If the E07K had an optical input, I would've been happy with that too. Not too many spdif dacs at this price range, so it makes sense to recommend the E17, which is an all in one unit.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #17,138 of 48,562
I was already on the fence of end game when I had the Anniversary... but I think I may now just be there. You were right, chico, about the slight (yet improving) differences between it and the K712. I am able notice the slightly more refined and less peaky mids because I'm using my MDs to compare with like I did with the Anniversary.

I don't want to say it's end game just yet, though... and have to bite my words like someone I know...
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #17,140 of 48,562
  I was already on the fence of end game when I had the Anniversary... but I think I may now just be there. You were right, chico, about the slight (yet improving) differences between it and the K712. I am able notice the slightly more refined and less peaky mids because I'm using my MDs to compare with like I did with the Anniversary.

I don't want to say it's end game just yet, though... and have to bite my words like someone I know...
tongue.gif

Glad you like them!

Yeah, they're mainly a slightly refined Anniversary with a few subtle changes that slightly improve upon it.

For me that makes them pretty much as good as it gets for mid-fi though.

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #17,141 of 48,562

Glad you like them!

Yeah, they're mainly a slightly refined Anniversary with a few subtle changes that slightly improve upon it.

For me that makes them pretty much as good as it gets for mid-fi though.

And mid-fi is a good as it gets for my wallet... so I guess I'm set!
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #17,143 of 48,562
So 2 things have happened:
1) my audio-out jack on my laptop somehow broke, leaving it so unless I push down on the headphone jack I don't get sound in the left ear
2) I just ordered an oculus rift, in which non-surround sound audio is very immersive breaking.

I'm wondering which usb plugin to get. I was looking at the Xonar U3, but I'd like something that can't be broken while on the go. Is there any dolby usb that comes on a small cord instead? Or is the Xonar U3 strong enough to handle a little bit of pressure?

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #17,144 of 48,562
Are there any pros and cons to using a DSS2 vs the Astro Mix Amp?
Which one is better?

I'll be running a PS4--->Bi-Frost (Uber Analog)--->Little Dot 1+--->Shure SRH 840s at the moment.

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #17,145 of 48,562
  Are there any pros and cons to using a DSS2 vs the Astro Mix Amp?
Which one is better?

I'll be running a PS4--->Bi-Frost (Uber Analog)--->Little Dot 1+--->Shure SRH 840s at the moment.

Mixamp handles voice, DSS doesn't. So if you don't need voice chat go with the DSS since it's cheaper. If you do, go with the Mixamp. And if you can track down the original DSS instead of a DSS2, I hear it has a lower noise floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back