Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #17,161 of 48,566
I thought you looked at those a while ago and decided you wouldn't really use them. 

:blink:

Precisely why I haven't given into my urge to get them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #17,162 of 48,566
Ah, I see. I spend most of my day on campus so my IEMs and M80 get plenty head time. Well, not the m80 as much but since I got it from the Radio Shack clearance for $40 I can't complain.

Still, those on-ear momentums look gangsta... and like you said... those pads, though... mmmmm. Wish I could find some velours for my m80.

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #17,163 of 48,566
Ah, I see. I spend most of my day on campus so my IEMs and M80 get plenty head time. Well, not the m80 as much but since I got it from the Radio Shack clearance for $40 I can't complain.

Still, those on-ear momentums look gangsta... and like you said... those pads, though... mmmmm. Wish I could find some velours for my m80.

I've been contemplating asking a friend of mine if she can take apart the M-80 pads, use the memory foam and re-finish them in velour. I may order a second pair from V-Moda and see if she can work her magic on them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #17,164 of 48,566
I've been contemplating asking a friend of mine if she can take apart the M-80 pads, use the memory foam and re-finish them in velour. I may order a second pair from V-Moda and see if she can work her magic on them.
If it works out let me know so I can pay her to do mine

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #17,167 of 48,566
The Mixamp can't decode DTS, but...

DvDs are encoded in Dolby, and for DTS only Blu-rays, I use my ps3 which has an option that converts DTS into Dolby, which the Mixamp decodes.

The method to do that is on the first page...again.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #17,168 of 48,566
So I saw you mention a RadioShack sale/clearance before, went into my local shop (like Friday or something) but they didn't have anything from the brand. Is the sale over, or was it a web-only thing?

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #17,169 of 48,566
It was an in-store clearance from what I know... and most stores are now sold out. I believe the m80 has been discontinued by vmoda which explains the clearance sale.

I thank Axel for bringing it to my attention... because I was not to eying the deals thread to notice

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #17,170 of 48,566
You gotta be kidding me...just got my ma900s!

These are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.  I will never view headphones the same way after buying these.  I prefer the sound signature over the ad900x.  They're less fatiguing and sound great for all genres.

Anyways, just felt like chiming in and thanking you for the suggestion on this badass headphone.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #17,171 of 48,566
  Chico, Have you used the x1 with the matrix m-stage? How does those 2 pairs?
The M stage rate min output is 60ohm, will it harm the low 30ohm x1?

They pair fine.

What is the 60 ohm spec your talking about? 

For music I still prefer the iCan over the M-stage because of the switches on it. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #17,172 of 48,566
I noticed with the PLYR1 that when I navigate the PS3 XMB...the initial first UI "click" noise when navigating the menus is very soft almost inaudible (couldn't hear it until I bumped up the volume). I also occasionally hear a brief popping/clicking noise when going from silence to audio. I can consistently reproduce this in DVDs by jumping between the different pages for scene selection. Bringing it up because it doesn't seem to happen on the XP400s or maybe its just not as audible. 

Is this like due to changing of source or audio format or something like what people complain about with some audio receivers? A normal occurrence on some headphones?

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #17,173 of 48,566

They pair fine.

What is the 60 ohm spec your talking about? 

For music I still prefer the iCan over the M-stage because of the switches on it. 

It says on the spec sheet, the lowest impedance output for m-stage is 60ohm. X1 is rated 30ohm, so will the m-stage higher output do any damage on the low imp x1.
Still don't understand about this impedance rate relation between amp and cans, need to learn more...

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #17,174 of 48,566
  It says on the spec sheet, the lowest impedance output for m-stage is 60ohm. X1 is rated 30ohm, so will the m-stage higher output do any damage on the low imp x1.
Still don't understand about this impedance rate relation between amp and cans, need to learn more...

"Output Power: 200mW/300Ω, 400mW/60Ω"

That's just telling you how much power it's putting into 60ohms.  That's not the lowest it will go.  You can plug IEMs into it if you want.
The M-stage's actual  HP jack output impedance is 5 ohms.

The M-stage is probably a little overkill for the X1 though.  They're not that hard to drive.  A think a cheaper amp would work fine with them.

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #17,175 of 48,566
You gotta be kidding me...just got my ma900s!

These are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I will never view headphones the same way after buying these. I prefer the sound signature over the ad900x. They're less fatiguing and sound great for all genres.

Anyways, just felt like chiming in and thanking you for the suggestion on this badass headphone.

Yay, another convert! :D

I noticed with the PLYR1 that when I navigate the PS3 XMB...the initial first UI "click" noise when navigating the menus is very soft almost inaudible (couldn't hear it until I bumped up the volume). I also occasionally hear a brief popping/clicking noise when going from silence to audio. I can consistently reproduce this in DVDs by jumping between the different pages for scene selection. Bringing it up because it doesn't seem to happen on the XP400s or maybe its just not as audible. 

Is this like due to changing of source or audio format or something like what people complain about with some audio receivers? A normal occurrence on some headphones?

That's somewhat normal, as it's jumping from different audio types. DVD menus tend to default back to PCM, while the movie itself plays in Dolby Digital.

Many devices do this, not just the PLYR. My old soundbar did this, quite loudly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back