Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #17,116 of 48,566
BF4 beta with AKG K712 <3

You can hear the elevator doors open while the rest of the game explodes. If you've played the beta, you know that's important to holding a roof!

Getting on the beta around 4:30 MST, PM me if you want to join

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #17,118 of 48,566
pretty jealous. Upgraded my pc to SLI just for that game buuuuuuuut I haven't preordered so i gotta wait 2 more days. I'll be not having fun trying to play gta5 online on ps3 :frowning2:. Stupid gta servers.....

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #17,119 of 48,566
I was actually pretty disapponted in the BF4 beta as compared to BF3... but then again I'm on PS3. I'm sure the PC and next gen versions will be better.

At least I hope so....

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #17,120 of 48,566
I'm fairly certain if you have BF3 Premium there is a chance you are already in the Beta.  Check your email 
cool.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #17,121 of 48,566
I was actually pretty disapponted in the BF4 beta as compared to BF3... but then again I'm on PS3. I'm sure the PC and next gen versions will be better.

At least I hope so....
Well, I got premium for PC even though I'd kinda gotten bored with my pre-order edition bf3 on Xbox360, so I'll let you know what it's like on PC.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #17,123 of 48,566
Curious, you talking about me here? If so my problem was that I thought I'd saved certain surround settings to my Recon3D, but when I looked at it a few days ago it wasn't what I expected/preferred. Gonna do a write up and send them along presently.

cool no probs and no hard feelings.. I was just injecting my 2 cents into the mix on how the headset  should be worn for maximum imaging that's all..I did not mean any ill intentions.. Also I would love hear your impresions on the imaging of the MA900 compaired to your Q701    "How it stacks up"..   I look forward to the comparison...

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #17,124 of 48,566

i'm not sure what the premium stands for? DLC pack probably? i bought bf3 at launch so probably not premium...

Yeah, I technically have the Limited Edition from launch but Premium was an additional thing you could get to unlock all the DLC episodes and other goodies.  I believe I read that on the 4th it goes public beta so you can likely check it out then.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #17,125 of 48,566
Well, I got premium for PC even though I'd kinda gotten bored with my pre-order edition bf3 on Xbox360, so I'll let you know what it's like on PC.

Yes, I got a bit bored after the final map pack myself on PS3. I put it down for about a month and then it felt like a new game again lol. I, unfortunately, don't have the option to play that 64v64 beast of a PC version.

The BF4 beta on PS3 seems like it is nowhere near as polished as BF3. I know its only a beta but it kind of reminds me of Medal of Honor Warfighter which was a complete fail. The BF3 beta was more polished from what I remember. And don't get me started on how they changed the controls... grrrrrr...
angry_face.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #17,126 of 48,566

Yes, I got a bit bored after the final map pack myself on PS3. I put it down for about a month and then it felt like a new game again lol. I, unfortunately, don't have the option to play that 64v64 beast of a PC version.

The BF4 beta on PS3 seems like it is nowhere near as polished as BF3. I know its only a beta but it kind of reminds me of Medal of Honor Warfighter which was a complete fail. The BF3 beta was more polished from what I remember. And don't get me started on how they changed the controls... grrrrrr...
angry_face.gif

It looks (and sounds) nice on the PC.  Definitely a few bugs and kinks to work out but it seems a little more robust overall than BF3 so far.  Hard to say which will play better at this point, but it runs pretty nicely on my rig.  Movements of just about everything feel more realistic. Oh, and there is some sweet explosion sub-bass... 
biggrin.gif
 I'm not one to judge accurate positional cues but it seems better than BF3.  I hope it doesn't end up going the way of Warfighter...that was kind of a disgrace.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #17,127 of 48,566

It looks (and sounds) nice on the PC.  Definitely a few bugs and kinks to work out but it seems a little more robust overall than BF3 so far.  Hard to say which will play better at this point, but it runs pretty nicely on my rig.  Movements of just about everything feel more realistic. Oh, and there is some sweet explosion sub-bass... 
biggrin.gif
 I'm not one to judge accurate positional cues but it seems better than BF3.  I hope it doesn't end up going the way of Warfighter...that was kind of a disgrace.

Remember I'm only talking about the PS3 version. The graphics just seem inferior compared to BF3 and looks like Warfighter to me. But I do have to agree that the audio has been refined, at least.

The way you describe the PC version, though, does sound promising. That is why I am waiting on the PS4 version with my fingers crossed...

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #17,128 of 48,566
The actual sounds on the BF4 beta PC are absolutely fantastic, a big step up from BF3. The X1 seems perfect for it, having a great time.

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #17,129 of 48,566
Yesterday I finally had my first real gaming session (and generally my first game in months, finally) with the Fostex TH-900 and the Shadow Warrior Remake. I was a huge Shadow warrior nerd back in the day and played it several times, liked it much more than Duke Nukem. Liked the guns, that rocket nuke, the slicing with the sword and the funny speech. The remake handles the swordplay in a very stylish fashion (original was quite simple in it though still fun, swords against shooting enemies is always stylish) and introduces magic and passive boostsl. Anyway, yesterday...

You know, at the beginning of every stage/mission/chapter you can hear introductory drums and it's amazing with both HD 800 and TH 900 but I have to give the nod to the Fostex because the impact body can be "sensed" better. I know that the D7000 is similar to that but the Fostex is faster (and faster in general) in the lower departments so the sense of a body is much stronger. Heavy impact of bass and a fast attack/decay are two qualities that help create that sense. Headphones like the Signature DJ, X1 are not very fast down below so while the bass still contributes to the immersion it's rather a swimming pool of bass during many explosions and heavy guns or let's say the contures of the body are not really there, it's rather smeared, blurred and loose. In the above context I am not saying the HD 800 isn't fast, it just lacks the TH-900's impact.  

As you can expect coming from a D7000 the soundstage is very big and let me tell you it doesn't leave me wanting more in no way or fashion. I had a lot headphones so far and also some closed ones and yes, the TH-900 isn't really closed but in either way it trumps so many other headphones in soundstage. And that is not only by pure size (which is always not enough to judge) but by the general feel of space in all directions. Some headphones are oval, some are downright flat, congested (planars especially) or too weak in the middle that left and right are more pronounced and the middle part is like a hole (AKGs) but in this case there's none of it. As I mentioned a few posts earlier TH-900, HD 800 and T1 do it right. I call it phantom center. 

I had a long session last night and just woke up so I probably left out some more details about my experience but it feels good to have played a game for longer in all this time.

The only sad part about all this is the price of the TH-900. I really wish more people could enjoy it but since we are in gaming and not talking about Deutsche Grammophon records or Stockfisch the TH-600 seems to be quite good as well and looking over at pricejapan I think the price should be quite tempting for many here.

I will be playing more and more games over the next months and always compare the TH-900 with the HD 800, and possibly the Alpha Dogs. My English isn't good and fluent enough for a whole wall of text unfortunately so you have to bear with "snippets". 

All my impressions are always from my DAC. I really love the Anedio, it's one of the very very few DACs that also do the HPA output right, with 0 noise on multi balanced armatures. They have measurements up on their side in every detail. I compared to a ton of other DACs like Benchmark, Matrix, Yulong, Violectric and the damn importing fee was still worth it. For you Americans who are living in dreamland anyway (regarding hifi and home cinema prices) that deal is more than awesome.

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #17,130 of 48,566
Having the Signature DJ and the K 702, I prefer the K 702 for any type of gaming, because I need to hear where the enemies are. That is where too much bass can annoy me. The Sig DJ however is my favotite music can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back