Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #17,086 of 48,580

You should be fine with that setup it does better even with the added tons of low end bass.. It will no doubt  surpass the a40 headset for sound whoring If that is what your after

thanks, yes im after the best sound for the money i have =]

Ill try dt 770 pro + mixamp but ill buy the mixamp later because of the lack of money xD

Have a nice day friend!

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #17,090 of 48,580
Spent a nice afternoon today - Mad, you gotta hear these. I've never heard the Dx000 series so I can't compare, but man do I love these. 600 or 900 will be my next purchase. Maybe I'll be able to hear the 900 at CanJam.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #17,093 of 48,580
  Spent a nice afternoon today - Mad, you gotta hear these. I've never heard the Dx000 series so I can't compare, but man do I love these. 600 or 900 will be my next purchase. Maybe I'll be able to hear the 900 at CanJam.

How does the TH600 compare to your HE-400 and X1? Are they in another league and would they 'blow them out of the water'?

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #17,094 of 48,580
I like to imagine that at some point I'll have an open airy headphone like the HD800 and a fun headphone like THx00 as my two complimentary cans.

Maybe the THx00 is a logical upgrade to the X1s sound, with better bass, more soundstage (maybe?), and better detail and refinement. 

rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #17,095 of 48,580

Welcome to Head-Fi! I assume you're joining us from one of the other boards where MLE participates.

Hi, did you have a specific question or were you just introducing yourself? Most of the basics are covered in the OP or in Nameless's thread

Thanks for the welcome. I was mainly introducing myself/subscribing to the thread, as I find this is probably the thread I look at the most. Basically, I found this thread through word of mouth. Like in most of my hobbies (e.g., flashlights, gaming), I keep things as minimal as possible. It wasn't until a month ago that I learned it was possible to orient myself in competitive games like Call of Duty using sound. That completely piqued my interest.

Basically, I'm here to see where else I can take things.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #17,096 of 48,580
Envy, how would you compare the X1, Q701 and MA900 as all around headphones? I have to choose one of them and I'm down to these three. I'm going to use them mainly in my PC with a Xonar DX and a Fiio E11. The X1s are the most expensive so if there's not mush difference quality wise the I wouldn't mind getting the Q701/MA900. From what I've read I think I would be happy with the presentation on any of them.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #17,097 of 48,580
How does the TH600 compare to your HE-400 and X1? Are they in another league and would they 'blow them out of the water'?

They are in another league. Geez, Chico kinda got it right (have you heard these?) when he said "Maybe the THx00 is a logical upgrade to the X1s sound, with better bass, more soundstage (maybe?), and better detail and refinement"

VS. the 400: Basically, the 600 can do EDM like a perfectly EQ'd 400 can - without any EQ at all. But then it also excels at genres where the 400 is limited. The 600 excels in classical and jazz as well. This is an all-rounder that actually excels in most genres. If I were to A/B them, I might be able to give the 400 an advantage in bass texture, but I didn't have the 400 with me.

VS. the X1: As I said, Chico basically got it right. Better bass extension and quality, better treble, better soundstage, detail, refinement. I would say the X1 is slightly warmer and I may give the edge to it in some vocal tracks. That might be the only area where the 600 is lacking a bit. From what I've read, the HE-500, with its lush mids, might be the perfect complement to the 600. Then you'd have just about every genre covered. But if I could have just one headphone, it'd be the 600 (or 900). And by the way, these do not sound closed to me AT ALL, besides having potent sub bass that stays just where it should.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #17,098 of 48,580
 Geez, Chico kinda got it right (have you heard these?) when he said "Maybe the THx00 is a logical upgrade to the X1s sound, with better bass, more soundstage (maybe?), and better detail and refinement"

I heard the TH900 very briefly at a meet. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #17,099 of 48,580
Just bought a pair of HE-400 per your review.  Very excited as to what I'll be hearing.  Hopefully it'll pair well with my essence stx.  It was a toss up between the 400 and an X1.  Really I just jumped on what popped up in the for sale thread first.  Currently using a set of dt 880 600 right now.  From what I gather it'll be a step up.  Anyway just want to give a big thank ou for what you're doing MLE.  You rock

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #17,100 of 48,580
Thanks for the welcome. I was mainly introducing myself/subscribing to the thread, as I find this is probably the thread I look at the most. Basically, I found this thread through word of mouth. Like in most of my hobbies (e.g., flashlights, gaming), I keep things as minimal as possible. It wasn't until a month ago that I learned it was possible to orient myself in competitive games like Call of Duty using sound. That completely piqued my interest.

Basically, I'm here to see where else I can take things.

Just curious, how can flashlights be a hobby? Is it anything like headphones where you can discuss strengths and weaknesses of different models? Is there a flashlight-fi type forum out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back