Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #17,056 of 48,565
Speaking of smartphones...if only the Galaxy Note III had the HTC One's solid feeling...then again, I'd probably put it in a case anyway, at which point a unibody metal housing like the HTC One would be considerably less appreciable.

As for the MA900, it seems to hold together where it counts. I've had much bulkier headphones that felt significantly "cheaper" in quality before. *cough*GE H-22, worst headphone ever*cough*Panasonic HTF600, had a driver blow on me*cough*

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #17,057 of 48,565
I'm in MA900 withdrawal... I feel it's been away longer than I've owned it. But the KSC35 has been treating me well...

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #17,061 of 48,565
Yeah, I hear you. What I do is wrap it a few times and use a velcro cable tie thingy that came with this one HDMI cable I bought recently.

The cable cost me like $5, lol.

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #17,062 of 48,565
I actually got a case on my One. It still feels premium since the weight is very well distributed along the phone's unibody contruction, like the metal overpowers all the internal components. Not like the Galaxy S3/S4. But well, returning to headphones...still undecided!! How bassy are the X1s?? I like some good bass but nothing overpowering. As long as it's not loose and uncontrolled am fine with bass

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #17,063 of 48,565
I'm comparing the Sony and MA900 right now. Well, not this second, starting work. Stay tuned.
Manifest fit the context of your sentence well enough, I was just surprised because it is the kind of word that people rarely use in conversation.

SoundBlaster Z will have enough power to drive the AKGs, and it's fine to hook up an external amp to it. No reason NOT to use the MA900 with both computer and console, I think it'll do fine. From my first impression of the headphones, the AKGs simply are better if you can afford them, but the MA900 doesn't embarrass itself and is pretty good for the price.

Thanks.

Please let me know when it'll be done.

I like K712 PRO better than other, despite its price. The problem is that ZxR has a high floor noise (about 10 Ohms), which is not good for AKGs but that works fine with Sony. HEnce you might say "use an external amp", but I think weird to use double amplification. If it is to be so, then would X-Fi TiHD not be better?

One more question: So can we say a good pair of headphones for console must be so good as for PC?

OFFTOPIC: I only heard that word from Breaking Bad S05E01 at 37'35". 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #17,064 of 48,565
Mad Lusty, if you or any other friend can help me...

What headset/headphone should i use?

I play on xbox/ps3/pc and im looking for the perfect setup.

I thought about buying an dt990pro with a zalman mic and later buy the amp from the tritton720 or the one frmo the astros.

If i buy the tritton720 first, can i buy later the dt990pro and connect the mic and the headphone to the tritton amp?(i didnt find the connectors)

1.And the tritton720 with the amp will sound better than the dt990pro alone?

2.Should i buy the dt990pro first? or the tritton then the dt990pro?

3.Can i connect the dt990pro to the consoles without the amp from tritton/astro?

I cant get both at the same time, but i can buy one now and then another later.

But i can try find and buy the tritton control box(the axpro one will work with all the 3-pc-xbox-ps3?) + cables + dt990pro + zalman mic but i have no idea how to link the dt990pro+zalman mic on the tritton control box, which cable should i use?

Thanks!!!

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #17,065 of 48,565
I like K712 PRO better than other, despite its price. The problem is that ZxR has a high floor noise (about 10 Ohms), which is not good for AKGs but that works fine with Sony. HEnce you might say "use an external amp", but I think weird to use double amplification. If it is to be so, then would X-Fi TiHD not be better?

One more question: So can we say a good pair of headphones for console must be so good as for PC?

First thing about "double-amping": EVERY analog output is amplified, even the line-outs. You're inherently doing so when connecting an amp via analog to any source.

I'd probably take the Titanium HD over the ZxR, but that's more for its superior support of 3D audio in older PC games and my preference for CMSS-3D Headphone.

This is a guide for reviewing headphones' compatibility with virtual surround; it applies to PCs and consoles alike.

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #17,066 of 48,565

Thanks.

Please let me know when it'll be done.

OFFTOPIC: I only heard that word from Breaking Bad S05E01 at 37'35". 
smily_headphones1.gif

Only a quick reply because I'm on a short break at work:

Sony has a lower damping factor than the AKGs, so actually the AKG would handle the noise floor of an amp/dac more easily than the Sony. Even so, the 10 Ohms doesn't directly relate to noise floor... it's more like will the bass sound right and will the treble not be glaring.
A good headphone will be a good headphone, no matter console, PC, music player, etc, as long as it's properly driven.

So far getting used to MA900, wasn't too impressed with soundstage last night then realized my surround settings were wrong (35%, was that you Nameless or was I playing around?), so I have to re-evaluate.

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #17,067 of 48,565
Sep 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #17,068 of 48,565
Change,
It's probably because of the BN, you know, that ok amp that gets 100 hours per charge because it doesn't output much power? A lot of headphones just don't need as much as the E12 can give, some of the big boys in the mid-fi arena can really make use of it, but to sell to the most consumers they probably need a device offering more time than power. Especially in a portable. Still, even though the E12 is a niche product, my pre-production sample even more so, I still love it. Maybe irrationally at this point, lol, but somehow it did respond better with the K712 than my tube amp, which surprised the heck outta me.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #17,069 of 48,565
Ah, I see. I'm interested in it, still, if I can get it to work with my Nexus 7 2013. Its sq could really benefit from a nice self powered DAC

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #17,070 of 48,565
Personally out of the new devices that are supposed to be released over the next few months I'm most interested in the E19. Unfortunately there haven't been any official specs released. Just talk in the E18 thread about it being Fiio's flagship portable DAC/amp with an original estimate of December. But I don't think that'll be happening since the E18 was projected for July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back