Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 27, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #3,601 of 48,562
Yeah, I think I'm gonna switch priorities again...

Returning the DT990s for refund + getting my refund for the Audio-GD stuff + Income tax money = Almost paying off my Amazon balance (just a few hundred shy of paying it off).

For now, I'm gonna settle with the D7000 + maybe getting an E17, and that's it.

The Headzone can wait until much later, and open + velour = gonna have to wait.

Gotta be smart. I realize I can settle with the D7000 plus not that much power and enjoy the sound instead of the equipment for a good while.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3,603 of 48,562
Yeah I suppose it's probably best you don't go too wild for now.  

I did have an idea about the pleather deal.  You can buy Beyer leather pads separately, and I'm pretty sure they'll fit the Denons.  I've heard they'll both fit the HiFiMan orthos, so they should fit each other.  For now you could try the pads from your DT990 on the Denon's rings and see how that goes.  

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3,604 of 48,562
Well Lawton Audio is going to be selling real leather pads for the Denons soon. I'll go for those.

The DT990 pads are very open and would kill off the bass in the Denons. I distinctly remember swapping out the DT770 velours for the DT990 velours and vice versa. The outcome wasn't pretty. The DT770 lost all their bass and became 99% treble. The DT990 became nothing but a wall of farts. It was scary.

Pretty sure pad rolling would change the D7000 too much, other than well tested pads.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #3,605 of 48,562
D7000 has pleather pads?!

I thought a flagshop headphone like that would have leather....

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3,607 of 48,562
Yup, but don't get it twisted, they are VERY high quality. I wouldn't know they were pleather by touching/looking at them. They are very soft and comfy. They just get damn hot, and sticky though.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #3,608 of 48,562
Not sure if you guys saw my post.

Quote:
I have a question about sound on MW3.. FOR some reason, and this has happened with my Sony PS3 headset as well, randomly.. not frequent but enough to extremely annoy me. A SUPER LOUD irritating sound is emitting from whatever is putting out sound (my headset, tv, etc). It's very difficult to describe how it sounds, but it isn't normal.. and I'm worried it will destroy whatever is putting out sound. Anyone experience this?

EDIT: It's almost like a metallic echoing sound.. if that makes sense. I have no idea what it is happening.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #3,609 of 48,562

Quote:
Not sure if you guys saw my post.

Your saying it only happens on MW3?  If so, that's very odd... I don't play MW3.  If have the sony PS3 wireless headset, you can rule out connection issues because you can't trouble shoot the wireless connection really.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #3,610 of 48,562
The DSS 2 surround sound angles thing looks interesting...

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3,611 of 48,562
3 looks like normal DH, while 6 may help discern rear sounds better. 1, 2, and 4 look like a TERRIBLE idea.

I'd be down to try the DSS2, but honestly, I'm trying to lower my debt. :D

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #3,612 of 48,562
I wonder if it's a DSP on top of a DSP, like turtle beaches own DSP on top of DH.  Or if it's actually changing the dolby headphone DSP itself..

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #3,613 of 48,562
If they're able to just move the speakers around like that I can't help but wonder if the Dolby Headphone algorithm is technologically capable of true binaural.  I also don't get why they don't just have a setting that puts all the speakers at 72 degrees to one another, at that would place them on the corners of an equilateral pentagon.  What this would be useful for would be to match the game's field of view with the sounds.  Doesn't Dolby have recommended placement for speakers or is that actually just different HRTF profiles?  

Quote:
Well Lawton Audio is going to be selling real leather pads for the Denons soon. I'll go for those.
The DT990 pads are very open and would kill off the bass in the Denons. I distinctly remember swapping out the DT770 velours for the DT990 velours and vice versa. The outcome wasn't pretty. The DT770 lost all their bass and became 99% treble. The DT990 became nothing but a wall of farts. It was scary.
Pretty sure pad rolling would change the D7000 too much, other than well tested pads.

My reasoning for trying the beyer velour pads was that if they fit you could get leather pads from beyer for a lot less than the Lawton pads.  You mentioned in the J$ thread that you didn't want to change their sound (unless you changed your mind?) and I think the beyer leather pads are closer in thickness to the denon pads.  Basically just another option to consider.  

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,614 of 48,562
I have the PC 360s with mixamp 5.8. I was only mentioning that it happened on my ps3 headset and the PC 360s. I have no idea where the sound comes from. Is it uncommon?

Quote:
Your saying it only happens on MW3?  If so, that's very odd... I don't play MW3.  If have the sony PS3 wireless headset, you can rule out connection issues because you can't trouble shoot the wireless connection really.

Jan 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3,615 of 48,562

Quote:
I have the PC 360s with mixamp 5.8. I was only mentioning that it happened on my ps3 headset and the PC 360s. I have no idea where the sound comes from. Is it uncommon?

Unless it's some weird DSP artifact (not the case if it happens in stereo too), I don't know what it could be...You could look at the audio settings in the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back