Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 30, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #47,371 of 48,562
Hey everyone just got a question on your opinion before I buy. I currently have the hifiman Deva headset and was looking at getting an amp/dac. It will be used mostly for gaming on the pc, but if it works with the ps5 that’s a plus. Which I play mmo, open world style games hardly any FPS games. Just so you know if it helps with the decision I also bought waves, atmos for headphones virtual software in the past. So my question would you get something like the quadelix-5k, Fiio btr5k or creative GC7. I am also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

PS5 is the tricky part - I have a G6 and a GC7 (use the 6 on the PC and the 7 on the PS5 as I find the app controls for changes on the fly useful). If you don't need the mic input for PS5 gaming something like the iFi Zen Dac might be an option also as that has firmware available for PS5 compatibility and via PC you can use the software solutions you already have?

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #47,372 of 48,562
PS5 is the tricky part - I have a G6 and a GC7 (use the 6 on the PC and the 7 on the PS5 as I find the app controls for changes on the fly useful). If you don't need the mic input for PS5 gaming something like the iFi Zen Dac might be an option also as that has firmware available for PS5 compatibility and via PC you can use the software solutions you already have?
Thanks I see the ifi zen dac v2 on Amazon

Oct 30, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #47,373 of 48,562
Excuuuuuse me, 2080 Tee EYE.

Get it right, pleb!

And yes, I would love me a 3080ti/3090. :'(

BTW, what are you doing Sunday, I'll be 6hrs homeless again. :frowning2:

Let's go to CHEEEEEEEESECAKE
Made plans already lol
Hey everyone just got a question on your opinion before I buy. I currently have the hifiman Deva headset and was looking at getting an amp/dac. It will be used mostly for gaming on the pc, but if it works with the ps5 that’s a plus. Which I play mmo, open world style games hardly any FPS games. Just so you know if it helps with the decision I also bought waves, atmos for headphones virtual software in the past. So my question would you get something like the quadelix-5k, Fiio btr5k or creative GC7. I am also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks
The GC7 can pull dual duty with PS5 and PC for sure, not sure about the others you mentioned, Mad should have a review of it on here.

Oct 31, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #47,376 of 48,562
Is the SBX processing outputted through line out when you switch to speakers ? or is SBX processing outputted through headphone out jacks only ?

If I send a digital signal to X7 through Optical-in and turn on the SBX and connect X7's line-outs to a stereo speaker, I get SBX surround with the speakers ?

Oct 31, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #47,377 of 48,562
Is the SBX processing outputted through line out when you switch to speakers ? or is SBX processing outputted through headphone out jacks only ?

If I send a digital signal to X7 through Optical-in and turn on the SBX and connect X7's line-outs to a stereo speaker, I get SBX surround with the speakers ?
There's a toggle to apply effects to Line-Out, either analog or spdif, so you can output HRTF to the speakers, but it will sound weird. It is great for outputting via SPDIF to another DAC and amp for headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #47,378 of 48,562
Just snapped up an Epos H6Pro (Closed-back) and GSX 300....anyone spent time with the Epos software?

In other news, I grabbed a Razer Siren Mini real cheap and I'm very impressed with the little microphone! I needed to order an adapter to mount the little thing to my mic arm but with the Siren Mini sitting in front of you, it picks up quite well with little background noise!

Looking forward to Season 11 in Apex this week......please don't stuff this one up Respawn.....please!

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #47,379 of 48,562
I received the new Schiit Fulla E today and spent a couple hours with it. I’m pleasantly surprised. For $110 it sounds very good. I used to use my Mojo but the PS5 does not have an optical port or support UAC2. It manages to sound great while sipping power. The PS5 drives it fine from the front USB port. My 12.9” iPad Pro drives it without any low power warnings. I’ve only tested it with my Polaris 2 so far as my LCD-X is out for repair but it should drive them fine as well. Great device for the price. There are not a lot of great options that support UAC1 and I think this little amp is a winner.

Nov 2, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #47,380 of 48,562
I received the new Schiit Fulla E today and spent a couple hours with it. I’m pleasantly surprised. For $110 it sounds very good. I used to use my Mojo but the PS5 does not have an optical port or support UAC2. It manages to sound great while sipping power. The PS5 drives it fine from the front USB port. My 12.9” iPad Pro drives it without any low power warnings. I’ve only tested it with my Polaris 2 so far as my LCD-X is out for repair but it should drive them fine as well. Great device for the price. There are not a lot of great options that support UAC1 and I think this little amp is a winner.
I’ve heard the the front USB ports can be a bit noisy so if you hear any feedback try the back port if possible

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #47,382 of 48,562
It seems that Waves Nx for desktop was removed from the website: https://www.waves.com/nx/apps
It makes me wonder 2 things, maybe an update is finally coming since that app is abandoned and never received updates for years now? Or unfortunately Waves NX for Windows is gone.
It's still kinda there... I still see it on the main page, as a previously viewed item, for sale as $9.99. However, adding to cart fails, as it comes up as empty. :triportsad: So I guess they decided to stop selling licenses.

So I guess it's time to bug Redscape for discount codes. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back