Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #47,401 of 48,565
Nice review. Enjoy your new gear! Looks really nice in your setup too. And please don't worry about it. Anyone's input especially with new gear is welcome.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #47,402 of 48,565
39rmdwss6ty71.png

https://koss.com/products/kph40-utility

Koss Finally did it.

No longer do you need to source the KSC75 or PortaPro driver and get a Parts Express or Koss Retrospekt headband separately.

Took them THIS long to finally do it themselves.

Granted, they are still using the utterly terrible cable that will absolutely, without question break on you instead of having MMCX connectors, but hey, maybe in 2 more decades Koss will get around to having a detachable cable.

This ain't for me, since I prefer clips, but I know a lot of you would want this. The drivers look detachable like the 75, 35, Porta, Sporta, so I COULD use them with clips if I didn't already have two modded PortaPros.

Ah damn it. I'm gonna get them for my mother. I'll review them too. Once they come back in stock anyways.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #47,403 of 48,565
39rmdwss6ty71.png

https://koss.com/products/kph40-utility

Koss Finally did it.

No longer do you need to source the KSC75 or PortaPro driver and get a Parts Express or Koss Retrospekt headband separately.

Took them THIS long to finally do it themselves.

Granted, they are still using the utterly terrible cable that will absolutely, without question break on you instead of having MMCX connectors, but hey, maybe in 2 more decades Koss will get around to having a detachable cable.

This ain't for me, since I prefer clips, but I know a lot of you would want this. The drivers look detachable like the 75, 35, Porta, Sporta, so I COULD use them with clips if I didn't already have two modded PortaPros.

Ah damn it. I'm gonna get them for my mother. I'll review them too. Once they come back in stock anyways.
I like how you talked yourself into getting them. :)

Nov 12, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #47,404 of 48,565
I like how you talked yourself into getting them. :)
Lol, I mean, I'd never actually use them as they come. I'd have to get them modded with MMCX cables and find myself another set of KSC75 clips, which I dunno if I have any fresh ones.

At the vbery least I can review them to see if they're worth it over just getting a KSC75 or Sportapro and just snapping them on to the Retrospekt headband.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #47,406 of 48,565
I still see Likes...

For some reason I thought the KPH40 driver shell looked new, but nope. Literally the same one as the 35, Sporta, Porta..

So yeah, I guarantee with 100% certainty that the KPH40 is the same drivers. All rated the same too. Sportapro a little different, and I'd attribute that to the headband housing altering the sound just enough.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #47,407 of 48,565
The new SXFI Carrier (their SXFI enabled Atmos soundbar) has a USB-out which some reviews say is "SXFI enabled", and it is even labeled on the device as an "SXFI Out" port. But there is no further explanation other than it is designed to be used with their wireless dongle.

creative-sxfi-carrier-sxfi-ports-800.jpg

All the reviews utilize that USB out for the USB Theater wireless headphones....but I wonder if the USB-out actually just feeds SXFI out to anything that takes USB audio?? If so this would be the first thing that has SXFi out of any type. Sadly it is $1000, and as a soundbar it is not exactly easy to just incorporate it into your desktop PC audio setup, so this won't be one of my impulse purchases anytime soon.

It is nonetheless interesting as it claims Atmos capability with SXFI, which would be new (if it was actually virtualizing an Atmos room). It also decodes DD+ from consoles, so since it has HDMI in/out it would actually work perfectly in a living room setup with a console. No need for optical splitters or routing audio through your TV optical out which is needed for the GC7.
So I have been looking at the info for the carrier, sadly doesn't look promising that the SXFI-out port will allow use of our own gear with SXFI, based on info from Creative's site:

"Connect a wired headphone/earphone at the front Headphone Out of the SXFI CARRIER. The Super X-Fi profile transferred into the SXFI CARRIER will be applied to the wired headphone/earphone.

For wireless headphone, use SXFI Theater and connect its SXFI TX dongle into the SXFI OUT of SXFI CARRIER. The Super X-Fi profile transferred into the SXFI TX will be applied to the SXFI THEATER.

Note:
The Super X-Fi profile transferred into the SXFI CARRIER is only applicable to the wired Headphone Out.
The headphone connected to the Headphone Out will have Super X-Fi controlled by the SXFI CARRIER.
SXFI product connected to the SXFI OUT of SXFI CARRIER will have Super X-Fi controlled by the SXFI product.
SXFI Out and headphone out are having separate Super X-Fi profiles.
SXFI Out and Headphone Out are having the same playback priority."

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #47,408 of 48,565
I've been checking out a few iFi audio products for PS4/PS5 compatiblity and quite a few ones have been patched via firmware.,

NEO iDSD (Firmware)​

ZEN DAC (latest Firmware)​

ZEN DAC V2 (latest Firmware)​

ZEN DAC Signature V2 (latest Firmware)​

micro iDSD Signature (latest Firmware)​

xDSD (latest Firmware)​

xDSD Gryphon (since this is brand new I suspect it has it already)​

iDSD Diablo (no idea, no hints)​

Pro iDSD Signature (default as per advertisement)​

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #47,409 of 48,565
KPH40 in stock on Amazon for Nov 18-24 GOGOGO

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #47,410 of 48,565
@Mad Lust Envy

I have the PC38X with my PS5, currently using a UAC1 DAC to Topping E30 to Topping L30. I switch between the 38X and IEMs and use a ModMic. I was thinking on getting something simpler that I could use with the PS5 so I can use the 38X mic (if I'm lazy or the ModMic dies).

What would your top 3 recommendations be? I'm leaning towards the Hel 2, but not sure I want to spend $200 on a "backup" device. Thanks in advance.

Nov 15, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #47,411 of 48,565
@Mad Lust Envy

I have the PC38X with my PS5, currently using a UAC1 DAC to Topping E30 to Topping L30. I switch between the 38X and IEMs and use a ModMic. I was thinking on getting something simpler that I could use with the PS5 so I can use the 38X mic (if I'm lazy or the ModMic dies).

What would your top 3 recommendations be? I'm leaning towards the Hel 2, but not sure I want to spend $200 on a "backup" device. Thanks in advance.
As the PC38X is very easy to drive, and you can do with a headset capable dac/amp, I'd say the G6 or the Fulla 4. I don't think you need to spend for the Hel 2. In the case of a secondary device, I think the Fulla 4's simplicity works out better than the Hel 2, and it doesn't need to be powered externally.

Creative G6 or Fulla 4 are my recommends.

The G6 is feature packed, and the Fulla 4 is polar opposite, being super simplistic. So go with which one appeals to you more.

3rd? Can't say I have a 3rd. Hel 2, but you already know about that one.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #47,412 of 48,565
As the PC38X is very easy to drive, and you can do with a headset capable dac/amp, I'd say the G6 or the Fulla 4. I don't think you need to spend for the Hel 2. In the case of a secondary device, I think the Fulla 4's simplicity works out better than the Hel 2, and it doesn't need to be powered externally.

Creative G6 or Fulla 4 are my recommends.

The G6 is feature packed, and the Fulla 4 is polar opposite, being super simplistic. So go with which one appeals to you more.

3rd? Can't say I have a 3rd. Hel 2, but you already know about that one.
Excellent. Thank you for the reply.

EDIT: Ordered the Fulla 4 to check it out

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #47,413 of 48,565
I didn't realize that G6 is MORE expensive than even the Hel 2 now.

What is 2021? :frowning2:

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #47,414 of 48,565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back