Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 22, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #47,086 of 48,578
I don't know. Tell me if you find out how they have enough free time. I barely have any holiday from work and take care of my kids after the work. I used to play 20+ hours per week. Now I'm lucky if I can play 2 hours per week.

Sold my PS5 and build custom watercooled PC for my work and gaming (200+ fps 1440p WZ). Maybe some day I can play CoD trio with my boys :)

51147995661_1a53f21581_b.jpg

She's a sexy beast. I'm too chicken to go water-cooling, so I stuck a big hunking chunk of metal (Dark Rock Pro 3) as my CPU cooler. It never comes close to approaching 70c. But my 2080ti is definitely starting to warm up. It's now hitting 80c. Last year it was 78c. I'm holding out until 4080/ti though. 2080ti is still serving me well at 1440p.

I may dabble in closed-loop water cooled GPU (like a SeaHawk), since I care more about that than more than my CPU temps which just don't go anywhere. Though DRP3 is a pain to install, so I might get a Noctua D15S next time. I'd need to rebuild, since my mobo is acting up and no matter what I do, always boots to drive selection on boot.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #47,087 of 48,578
She's a sexy beast. I'm too chicken to go water-cooling, so I stuck a big hunking chunk of metal (Dark Rock Pro 3) as my CPU cooler. It never comes close to approaching 70c. But my 2080ti is definitely starting to warm up. It's now hitting 80c. Last year it was 78c. I'm holding out until 4080/ti though. 2080ti is still serving me well at 1440p.

I may dabble in closed-loop water cooled GPU (like a SeaHawk), since I care more about that than more than my CPU temps which just don't go anywhere. Though DRP3 is a pain to install, so I might get a Noctua D15S next time. I'd need to rebuild, since my mobo is acting up and no matter what I do, always boots to drive selection on boot.

Thank You. I started with AIO water cooler for my CPU about 6 years ago. I was mostly impressed how much I could lower the fan noise when combining big fans, relatively low rpm and water cooling. There was no turning back :smile:

Now I have everything (CPU, GPU, Memory, Display...) overclocked and temps are usually around 50-65c. There are 2 radiators (360 & 280) and 8 fans (max 70% rpm) that are controlled based on water temperature. There is no real need to go crazy with overclocking and cooling, but it sure is fun. Closed loop coolers are nice gateway to the custom loop cooling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #47,088 of 48,578
Thank You. I started with AIO water cooler for my CPU about 6 years ago. I was mostly impressed how much I could lower the fan noise when combining big fans, relatively low rpm and water cooling. There was no turning back :smile:

Now I have everything (CPU, GPU, Memory, Display...) overclocked and temps are usually around 50-65c. There are 2 radiators (360 & 280) and 8 fans (max 70% rpm) that are controlled based on water temperature. There is no real need to go crazy with overclocking and cooling, but it sure is fun. Closed loop coolers are nice gateway to the custom loop cooling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The only fans that I hear in my system are the GPU fans. The DRP3 and my case fans are all Be Quiet Silent Wings fans. If Iremove my gpu, I probably wouldn't know if my PC is on over my ambient room noise (ceiling fan).

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #47,089 of 48,578
Ok, so I caved in and finally bought Redscape, lol (without the head tracker). What's the best way to configure the head width, ear size and room setting? Do I have to take measurements or just play around with the settings until it sounds right?

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #47,090 of 48,578
Ok, so I caved in and finally bought Redscape, lol (without the head tracker). What's the best way to configure the head width, ear size and room setting? Do I have to take measurements or just play around with the settings until it sounds right?
I leave all those settings alone personally. The default of those are fine for me.

The only things I change are the surround/room dial to something near like 3 o' clock.

Make sure not to push volume past the notch next to the dial, as it may clip the sound.

Other than that, make sure the Redscape in windows sound control panel is set to 7.1 speakers.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #47,091 of 48,578
Just checking to be sure:

You can use G6 to take USB from PS5 and get it in stereo format through optical out into another DAC, right?

Had to send back my hel 2, and while I am very content with my new stack (SMSL SU9 + Singxer SA1) gaming on dual sense feels lackluster.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #47,092 of 48,578

You can use G6 to take USB from PS5 and get it in stereo format through optical out into another DAC, right?

Had to send back my hel 2, and while I am very content with my new stack (SMSL SU9 + Singxer SA1) gaming on dual sense feels lackluster.
Why did you have to send your Hel 2 back? I've seen a couple of posts saying the PS5 stopped recognising it.

Jul 25, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #47,093 of 48,578
Sorry I meant to edit my last post, not double post.

Why did you have to send your Hel 2 back? I've seen a couple of posts saying the PS5 stopped recognising it.
Apparently there's a USB issue with the Fulla 4 and Hel 2 where some devices stop recognizing them. The Fulla 4 I reviewed did this very recently, though it still works on a family PC which was where I was going to use for in the first place. The PS5 will not pick it up.

The Hel 2 still works for everything, but the optical has some issues, which I was ensured will be fixed with a firmware update sooner than later.

My Jotunheim 2 has a balanced headphone jack issue where the left channel is fuzzy and distorted, and I have to send that in. Just happened yesterday.

I love Schiit, but the pandemic has made things rather hard on their end. I trust them to fix things, so I'll be patient.

For now, I'm on a Modius/Vali 2+ as my main gear.

Yes, the G6 in this instance will act as the UAC1 device. Then you can send the signal it to a better DAC through optical if you want.

I do this with my Modius which can't accept UAC1.

So PS5 - G6 - Modius (optical input) - amp

Just remember to turn off SBX as you only get stereo from PS5 usb.

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #47,094 of 48,578
My Hel 2 had some minor popping/stuttering issues sadly. Most common on pc with varying bitrates (Qobuz mixed playlists).

Schiit couldn't replace it because they need to figure out what went wrong with it (lots of people had issues they didn't catch in QC) They are not producing more Hel or fulla till they figured it out. They gave me a complete refund + refund or shipping both ways (to EU!). So they handled it really really well. It sounded really good for the price too. So if you are not in a hurry, I can still recommend it. It will take a couple of months though I assume

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #47,095 of 48,578
I just move the head width slide a little for the right and when the audio is more clear and well defined i stop. At default it sounds kind of diffuse and less clear for me. I'm not sure if this is really correct but i use the "sounds good and OK for me" logic.
I leave ear size at default.
And about room size i just use the defaults there for music, or movie mode for movies.
For Waves NX is useful to measure the head with a tape but for Redscape is more a play with the settings thing.

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #47,096 of 48,578
Also another question on Redscape: In the sound settings, I can only go up to 44.1 khz. If I go higher, I don't hear any sound. Am I doing something wrong? In the Redscape settings, I have it at Exclusive: 24 bit 96khz

Jul 26, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #47,098 of 48,578
I use shared mode 32/96

Hmm, now I have a weird issue...

Redscape isn't outputting any sound except for the center, left side, and right side channels - no other channels. I've tried everything (uninstalling and reinstalling), changing the bit rates, latencies, buffers, etc. I even double checked to make sure my Bifrost 2 was working, and I have no problems there. For some reason, Redscape just won't work anymore. It was working perfectly fine yesterday, and now it just simply isn't...

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Jul 26, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #47,099 of 48,578
Hmm, now I have a weird issue...

Redscape isn't outputting any sound except for the center, left side, and right side channels - no other channels. I've tried everything (uninstalling and reinstalling), changing the bit rates, latencies, buffers, etc. I even double checked to make sure my Bifrost 2 was working, and I have no problems there. For some reason, Redscape just won't work anymore. It was working perfectly fine yesterday, and now it just simply isn't...

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
Have you gone to windows sound settings setting and made sure its outputting to 7.1?

This is on the G6, but just make sure it's Redscape ofc. I don't have it installed on my work PC.

Also make sure the bitrate doesn't exceed 48khz on Redscape.

soundsett.jpg

Always make sure you when you're not using Redscape, to NOT have the Redscape program be set to the device you're using. So if you wanna use Bifrost without Redscape, aim the Redscape program to default to something else, like Realtek sound or whatever you don't normally use. If you leave it on the Bifrost, it may mute the output if it's in exclusive mode. Me, I just rather play it safe and set Redscape as affecting something I'm NOT using. Only putting on the device when I know I'm gonna use Redscape.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #47,100 of 48,578
Have you gone to windows sound settings setting and made sure its outputting to 7.1?

This is on the G6, but just make sure it's Redscape ofc. I don't have it installed on my work PC.

Also make sure the bitrate doesn't exceed 48khz on Redscape.

soundsett.jpg

Always make sure you when you're not using Redscape, to NOT have the Redscape program be set to the device you're using. So if you wanna use Bifrost without Redscape, aim the Redscape program to default to something else, like Realtek sound or whatever you don't normally use. If you leave it on the Bifrost, it may mute the output if it's in exclusive mode. Me, I just rather play it safe and set Redscape as affecting something I'm NOT using. Only putting on the device when I know I'm gonna use Redscape.

Ok, I figured out the problem finally. Apparently if you mess with the dB sliders in the "Speakers" tab in the Settings, it will mess the sound up once you reboot your computer. So, in order to fix it, you have to reset all the sliders back to 0 dB, and then you can modify once more. I basically lowered the dB on the L, R, LS and RS speakers so that my diagonal cues are more distinct vs the side and center channels.

Is there any difference between Exclusive and Shared mode? And any benefit doing one vs the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back