Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 23, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #46,022 of 48,566
What I was trying to say is that they are not avaiable on Amazon.it (Italians retailers) for example.
Btw, where do you suggest me to eventually buy? Drop.com or some others?

Thx in advance.

edit: So, i have 3 options:

1) PC38X from drop.com - total 180 euros (product, shipping and taxes)
2) Game One from Amazon in Italy - 160 euros
3) Fidelio X2HR (i will use external mic) - 135 euros

Any suggestion?
PC38X hands down...

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #46,023 of 48,566
I have the game one.
From what I have Read here and elsewhere the pc38x is really worth the extra euro's over the game one.
I have the Game One, and from what I have been reading is that there is not enough difference between the two to warrant the upgrade. Can you link me some reviews that state its beneficial to upgrade for purely gaming purposes? Everything I have read is the PC38x is better for movies and music and on par with gaming in FPS.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #46,025 of 48,566
I have the Game One, and from what I have been reading is that there is not enough difference between the two to warrant the upgrade. Can you link me some reviews that state its beneficial to upgrade for purely gaming purposes? Everything I have read is the PC38x is better for movies and music and on par with gaming in FPS.

Having owned (and still owning) both - imho - if you own the Game One/PC37x, there really isn't enough to warrant the expense of changing. If you want your first pair of decent gaming headphones, then jump straight in at PC38x :)

Dec 23, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #46,026 of 48,566

Check mad lust's review for starters.
Also the lower ohm with the ps5 controller is a stepup.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #46,028 of 48,566
Have you tried putting it in high gain mode not low gain? It is a button on the side that might be your problem.
It was in high gain, so i just tried low gain for the first time and I think it sounds better (though certainly much quieter) and closer to being plugged into the controller but still not as good. I tried every combination of settings on the g6 (besides direct mode since it wont turn on) and the controller is still sounding better to me. I’m wondering if it’s the pc38x and maybe another headset would give me different results.

To give real world examples, here are two particular locations that I keep testing. In Demon’s souls in level 2-1 there is a big open cavern with sounds all around you - these little fire creatures making cool noises from all over, people clanging stuff in the mines, people throwing rocks, grunting, dogs running around. All sorts of stuff. The controller beats the g6 in making each of those sounds have a little more pop to them, and they seem to be separated a little better, and a little clearer. So maybe it’s whatever the processing in the controller is doing. Footsteps sound better, weapons sound better. All of it.

In Spider-Man, I’m swinging around the city and the controller gives my web-shoot sound a bit more umph, the cars sound more realistic as I swing around them, the horns sound better, there’s a fullness sound in the air like you would expect to hear in real life, whereas the g6 seems to dampen some of those sharper noises.

Maybe I got a bad g6? Many are saying its night and day that the g6 is better. I’m curious as to what headphones they are driving with it. My experience has not been theirs at all so I’m wondering if I either got a bad g6 or a boss controller :)

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #46,031 of 48,566
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone tried the schiit Hel with the xbox series x?

I am currently using an astro mix amp and a set of Audiotechnica ATH ADG 1s and an astro mixamp.

But I am now starting to get the upgrade bug. What I would like are a nice set of open back headphones or headset for around 300is if possible. I can go more. And then either run them with the astro mixamp (mixamp becomes the DAC) and an amp after the mixamp. Or with something like the schiit hel if it works or something else if it is available, works on the series x, and is capable of driving decent headphones.

Also, does anybody know if the sennheiser gsx 1200 pro works with the series X and is it even any good?

Sorry if these questions have been asked a million times, there are too many pages to go through

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #46,032 of 48,566
Hi there folks,

I hope this is the right place for my query. If not, please DM me where to post after deleting my comment! I wouldn't mind making a separate post as long as I know where to post.

So not long ago I've upgraded from K712 to Mobius. I wanted to see what's the hype about and also having a proper headset with mic saves me quite some hassle with my stand alone mic. K712 are great, but too big for me head and get too uncomfortable fast.

On point: I am wondering if I can get some tips for optimizing and maximizing the headset's capabilities - particularly in Warzone. Whoever else is playing the game knows the audio and steps in it are so broken, it's super confusing what's going sometimes. I am looking for some settings suggestions and would love to hear if you guys have any advises for me! What works for you and helps you hear better?

Right now I am on Midnight mode in Warzone and using the normal 2 channels Audeze HQ mode, Default preset. Tried most of them, but none seem to better reflect steps in-game.

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #46,033 of 48,566
What headphones/games have you tried? And what is better about the g6 sound?

The headphones are BeyerDynamics DT770 80 Ohms. I find that the sound has more bass and somewhat feels less compressed with the G6. But in the end, I guess it's just about the sound signature. The equalizer on the G6 is flat, but I'm not sure about the controller. Maybe the controller brings out the middles a bit more. I'm not really an audiophile so I'm just theorizing here.

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #46,034 of 48,566
The headphones are BeyerDynamics DT770 80 Ohms. I find that the sound has more bass and somewhat feels less compressed with the G6. But in the end, I guess it's just about the sound signature. The equalizer on the G6 is flat, but I'm not sure about the controller. Maybe the controller brings out the middles a bit more. I'm not really an audiophile so I'm just theorizing here.
I appreciate the response and I think you have to be right here. I’m no professional, but I just couldn’t get past the controller sounding better. I’m going to order the Tygr’s and see if there’s a difference. I reaaaally want the 800s but I’m worried the gain for gaming would not be worth the cost increase over the pc38x

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #46,035 of 48,566
One thing I discovered is that the 3D audio setup makes a lot of difference (at least for me). I was leaving on default, but realized yesterday that for me the best setting is actually "type 1". That's the one that sound the most to my ear level. I tried Morales again and the sound seems much better. Before that, the sound always felt hollow. I wish they had a more thorough calibration system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back