Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 26, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #46,037 of 48,562
One thing I discovered is that the 3D audio setup makes a lot of difference (at least for me). I was leaving on default, but realized yesterday that for me the best setting is actually "type 1". That's the one that sound the most to my ear level. I tried Morales again and the sound seems much better. Before that, the sound always felt hollow. I wish they had a more thorough calibration system.
I’m not sure I’m fully grasping the water level thing. I’m having a hard time deciphering which one is supposed to sound like it’s ear level. They all sound the same with like an extra layered tone or something. I think default sounds the best so I picked it. But I’m not changing the levels between the g6 and the controller

Dec 26, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #46,038 of 48,562
I’m not sure I’m fully grasping the water level thing. I’m having a hard time deciphering which one is supposed to sound like it’s ear level. They all sound the same with like an extra layered tone or something. I think default sounds the best so I picked it. But I’m not changing the levels between the g6 and the controller
Changing the level is supposed to make the water sound higher and lower. When I select the type 5 for example it sounds like if it’s running at my chest level. Type 1 is at my ear level.

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #46,039 of 48,562
Still thinking about the best solution for PS5 gaming. Consider that I already have a pair of Samson SR850.

Which solution did you suggest?

1) Buy a Creative Soundblaster G6 and use it with the Samson or;

2) Buy Sennheiser Game One or Fidelio X2HR and use it with dual sense or;

3) Soundblaster G3 (100 euros less than G6) plus some good 100/120 euros headphones.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #46,040 of 48,562
Still thinking about the best solution for PS5 gaming. Consider that I already have a pair of Samson SR850.

Which solution did you suggest?

1) Buy a Creative Soundblaster G6 and use it with the Samson or;

2) Buy Sennheiser Game One or Fidelio X2HR and use it with dual sense or;

3) Soundblaster G3 (100 euros less than G6) plus some good 100/120 euros headphones.

Thank you in advance.
Buy a G6 refurb from creative's shop. Should be about 70-80 Euro.

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #46,041 of 48,562
Hey Everyone i am looking for some new headphones. The wire completely pulled out of my DT 990's. I mostly use them only for gaming and i play mostly fun immersive games for example right now i am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, WoW, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft. I also have the new Series X and will be getting a PS5 when i can find it in stock. Though i do mostly game on the PC, but would like something easy to drive for the consoles also.
What would be your recommendation? Drop might not be possible because of the Duties and also ordering straight from Audeze might not be possible because of the Duties.

I was looking at the HD 560S any opinions on them
thanks for all the help

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #46,042 of 48,562
Best closed headset around $200? I am currently leaning towards the dt770 80ohm but i want to see what everyone else thinks.

These will be for FPS gaming only and powered by a magni3+.

I currently have dt990s and though they sound great, i want closed for better immersion and to cut out noises from the outside.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #46,043 of 48,562
Hey Everyone i am looking for some new headphones. The wire completely pulled out of my DT 990's. I mostly use them only for gaming and i play mostly fun immersive games for example right now i am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, WoW, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft. I also have the new Series X and will be getting a PS5 when i can find it in stock. Though i do mostly game on the PC, but would like something easy to drive for the consoles also.
What would be your recommendation? Drop might not be possible because of the Duties and also ordering straight from Audeze might not be possible because of the Duties.

I was looking at the HD 560S any opinions on them
thanks for all the help
You could do a DT-990 removable cable mod, with a little solder work and a 3.5mm stereo port.

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #46,045 of 48,562
What are the best headphones that can be plugged directly into the PS5’s DualSense controller? I don’t really want to worry about using a DAC as I primarily play on my couch and would prefer a simple setup. I’m leaning towards the PC38X at the moment, but should I consider anything else? I mostly play single player games and want to feel immersed in whatever I’m playing, but I’ll occasionally jump into coop with my brother, so having a mic is a nice option.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #46,046 of 48,562
After reading several pages i can suggest you PC38X or Audeze Penrose. If im correct Penrose has usb.
Basically:
. For direct dualsense connection PC38X (169$ on drop.com)
. For Wireless USB Penrose ( in my country 300 euros)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #46,047 of 48,562
After reading several pages i can suggest you PC38X or Audeze Penrose. If im correct Penrose has usb.
Basically:
. For direct dualsense connection PC38X (169$ on drop.com)
. For Wireless USB Penrose ( in my country 300 euros)

Ha, I actually already have the Penrose, but I’ve been having a lot of connection issues with them and that’s why I’m looking into alternatives. I’m considering returning mine and getting the PC38X, instead.

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #46,048 of 48,562
Ha, I actually already have the Penrose, but I’ve been having a lot of connection issues with them and that’s why I’m looking into alternatives. I’m considering returning mine and getting the PC38X, instead.
I have the Penrose and the PC38X (using controller). I think they’re both very good. I think you’ll be happy with the PC38X.

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #46,049 of 48,562
Hi - has anyone got a PS5, Creative G6 and Modmic Wireless setup? I'm trying to cut down on cables and use a set of HD660s with my G6. I tried a Samson Go USB Mic on the PS5 but when selecting it the PS5 wants to use it for both input and output and I can't get audio via G6 and voice via Samson Go. Am concerned the PS5 will have problems diverting the voice to the USB dongle of the Modmic also while keeping audio to the G6?

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #46,050 of 48,562
Hi - has anyone got a PS5, Creative G6 and Modmic Wireless setup? I'm trying to cut down on cables and use a set of HD660s with my G6. I tried a Samson Go USB Mic on the PS5 but when selecting it the PS5 wants to use it for both input and output and I can't get audio via G6 and voice via Samson Go. Am concerned the PS5 will have problems diverting the voice to the USB dongle of the Modmic also while keeping audio to the G6?

So you would have both the Modmic and G6 using two USB ports on the PS5? I assume that in "input" you would have the choice of the Modmic and G6 so you could choose the Modmic as the input and the G6 as the Output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back