Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #28,816 of 48,562
I dunno Change, the M50X I'm sure is a banger, but I find them a bit too big for portable use, and your 1540 is sure to blow them away otherwise...

And yes, 1.5watt at 32ohm is Magni 2 Uber type power. That's damn good,80mw at 600ohm... that's E9 level, which is okay for sensitive 600ohm, but not gonna give headroom for the stuff with voltage swings. I was hoping for like 120mw @ 600ohm.
frown.gif

Still, I can live with that sort of power, especially if i have an alternate amp if I ever have 600ohm cans that don't play nice with it (which I'm sure isn't many anyways).

Now, I don't think Evs answered this, but how would one transfer SBX to ANOTHER amp? i doubt the analog line out does this, so I assume you'd have to go the old school route of amping through the headphone jack? I do believe the speaker out can have it's own SBX type of processing, but that's not headphone related. I guess a cheap DAC like a Fiio D03K with your own amp is fine, as apparently the X7 does pass SBX to the optical out.

As others pointed out and as I tested myself, the RCA Line Out does carry SBX processing with it, though it does not seem to bypass the X7's amplifier [the X7's volume knob still affected volume]. Unless one of the SBX settings in the control panel changes that,

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #28,817 of 48,562
Yeah, Mad, I know the M50x is still a little big for on the go. I remember the M50, however, being very manageable for portable use if it wasn't for the non-detachable cable. Like I said, for the right price, I think I'm going for it. I just have to find the best price, available. I think I've seen it go as low as $129 on sale. We'll see...

Also, I know the 1540 will trump it. To be fair, though, the M50X would be strictly for on the go.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #28,818 of 48,562
The Omni uses different SBX processing from the RCA outs than it does from the headphone out.  Might want to check that on the X7.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #28,819 of 48,562
As far as I can see, besides the differences in limited-edition status, case color, power supply for the speaker amp, and lower-than-the-already-low output impedance (which only provide a benefit if you game with the most ultra-sensitive in-ear canalphones), there is no difference for headphone gamers and the extra $100 is better spent on a few games.

The only difference to the headphone section is the X7 has ~2.2 ohms output impedance (already very low) while the X7 LE has ~1 ohm output impedance. Are your headphones less than 16 ohms impedance? If not, the X7 and X7 LE will perform exactly the same.

PC 360
so Impedance 50

Thank you!

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #28,823 of 48,562
The Omni uses different SBX processing from the RCA outs than it does from the headphone out.  Might want to check that on the X7.

Yeah, I'll have to check that out.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #28,824 of 48,562
I talked to the Creative rep. They don't have any cables that they can give to replace the ones that were gone and Amazon won't do an exchange. Since I don't feel like getting a refund, waiting 3 business days, then the weekend, then the order to get in, I'm just going to keep it. The missing cables are all cables I have...plus, the unit is fine.

I'll let you guys know about the line outs tonight. I believe you can just set the back part to the same setting as headphones, which I've done in the past. I think you can "choose" how you want to process the outputs.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #28,825 of 48,562
Played the Hardline Beta for a bit... Then promptly uninstalled it. I will never understand how anyone can play such an unresponsive shooter. Battlefield is forever dead to me if they keep using that system. Its like playing with noodle arms and legs. Not my idea of fun at all. Reminds me why I haven't enjoyed Battlefield since BF2: Modern Combat.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #28,827 of 48,562
I've played a variety of shooters in my life, especially lately on PC (with a gamepad mind you), yet they all have some level of responsiveness that is non-existent on Battlefield. Screw that crap. I swear to god, they better not make Mass Effect 4 use Battlefield's mechanics. I expect Battlefront to use it, so I'm gonna skip the hell out of it, just like the more recent Medal of Honor games.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #28,828 of 48,562
Just stick to what you know, meng. I keep telling people BF isn't a shooter you can just pick up, play, and expect to dominate right away. It has a realistic feel to the movement, which is why people who are used to run and gun often complain and call it unresponsive. To each their own...

Mass Effect is being made by Bioware, correct? They'll use the same frostbite engine like they did on Dragon Age, but that's about it.

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #28,829 of 48,562
Just stick to what you know, meng. I keep telling people BF isn't a shooter you can just pick up, play, and expect to dominate right away. It has a realistic feel to the movement, which is why people who are used to run and gun often complain and call it unresponsive. To each their own...

Mass Effect is being made by Bioware, correct? They'll use the same frostbite engine like they did on Dragon Age, but that's about it.

Change is good, though!

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #28,830 of 48,562
I just got my K612 and the gun sounds are much louder than all the other sounds is this what its supposed to sound like?
It gets really uncomfortable and when I turn it down I can't hear all the positioning details
My current set up is PS4>Recon3d>Schiit Magni>K612
I really like the soundstage and positioning of this headphone
Now I know why you guys keep recommending it 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back