Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 5, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #28,846 of 48,568
Nope. But I don't like the the new CoD that tries to be like it either.

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #28,848 of 48,568
Thanx for the reply. Your review was the reason I bought the Recon3D
I thought the gun sounds were kinda loud because I've used this setup with my MA900,HD598,HE400,AD900x and the K612 was the only one with this problem
I just couldn't get a balance where I could hear the details and the soundstage without going deaf from the gun shots

Oh. Well, I'm sure you can understand that it feels gratifying to know that not only was work I put into the review actually read, but also at least a little helpful.
:D

After using the HD700 for awhile, going back to the K612 felt like the mids (the meat of the sound) were recessed but some treble was emphasized. Interestingly, there's still plenty of uniqueness and benefit to the K612 not in the HD700, buuuut... I guess where I'd start is looking at K612 or K601 freq curve charts and reducing the treble frequencies a bit using the Recon3D. Just a little. Maybe try a little dynamic range compression, halo 4 for example has some REALLY loud volume spikes (hello warthog!), after waking up or when I'm tired sometimes I admit to turning the volume down a bit and using "scout mode," it's not reference but at lower volumes I found it easier on the ears if I was tired.

Good luck!
P.S, how was MA900 vs HD598?

Nope. But I don't like the the new CoD that tries to be like it either.
I liked Destiny's double jump, sliding, and I generally like CoD:AW, but sometimes AW seems to go too far into tactical speed (and can be a bit of a complication to get the movement you want) and sometimes I go back and play CoD: Ghosts because there's a little more strategy and sound hunting without the exo move boosts. I'm tempted to go back and play some of my fav Xbox 360 games, but I don't have a Live subscription anymore :frowning2:

I play Visual Novels in DH. Would the X7 LE be beneficial? 

Sure, just use the female vocals preset. On an indirectly related note, the headphone stand will nicely display other small affects too... I've got my hat hanging on it right now.

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #28,849 of 48,568
Oh. Well, I'm sure you can understand that it feels gratifying to know that not only was work I put into the review actually read, but also at least a little helpful.
biggrin.gif

After using the HD700 for awhile, going back to the K612 felt like the mids (the meat of the sound) were recessed but some treble was emphasized. Interestingly, there's still plenty of uniqueness and benefit to the K612 not in the HD700, buuuut... I guess where I'd start is looking at K612 or K601 freq curve charts and reducing the treble frequencies a bit using the Recon3D. Just a little. Maybe try a little dynamic range compression, halo 4 for example has some REALLY loud volume spikes (hello warthog!), after waking up or when I'm tired sometimes I admit to turning the volume down a bit and using "scout mode," it's not reference but at lower volumes I found it easier on the ears if I was tired.

Good luck!
P.S, how was MA900 vs HD598?
I liked Destiny's double jump, sliding, and I generally like CoD:AW, but sometimes AW seems to go too far into tactical speed (and can be a bit of a complication to get the movement you want) and sometimes I go back and play CoD: Ghosts because there's a little more strategy and sound hunting without the exo move boosts. I'm tempted to go back and play some of my fav Xbox 360 games, but I don't have a Live subscription anymore
frown.gif

Sure, just use the female vocals preset. On an indirectly related note, the headphone stand will nicely display other small affects too... I've got my hat hanging on it right now.

MA900 vs HD598 I picked the MA900
The HD598 was a bit too flat for me also comfort was an issue
I might give the K7XX a try after I sell some of these headphones
Man~ I love the AKGs

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #28,850 of 48,568
Hardline is bad, bf4 isn't bad i am just sick of playing it like everyone else..battlefront  should be good though..p.s here's a new star wars arcade machine that's just been released, hopefully it's at pax east this year..

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #28,851 of 48,568
I recently purchased the V-MODA BoomPro Gaming mic to chat on my X1 headphones. I am using a MixAmp Pro 2013 as well. I thought I had everything connected properly but am having issues hearing voice as it sounds very faint with the voice dial all the way up (game audio then sounds echoed). I am also not sure if they can hear me. Should my name come up on the game when I speak like I see when others are talking? Here is my setup:

V-MODA BoomPro connector from the X1 into the headphone jack in the MixAmp. The BoomPro comes with a splitter (one for audio, one for voice). I am assuming I don't need this for the MixAmp. Am I right?

Cable that came with the Stereo Headset Adapter to the Astro 2.5mm - 3.5mm cable. The right angle end connected to controller port on the MixAmp. 

I have Optical set to Bitstream Out and Bitstream format to Dolby Digital. I have also unchecked to use voice from the Kinect. 

I am doing everything right or is there a step I am missing to get this working properly?

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #28,852 of 48,568
  I recently purchased the V-MODA BoomPro Gaming mic to chat on my X1 headphones. I am using a MixAmp Pro 2013 as well. I thought I had everything connected properly but am having issues hearing voice as it sounds very faint with the voice dial all the way up (game audio then sounds echoed). I am also not sure if they can hear me. Should my name come up on the game when I speak like I see when others are talking? Here is my setup:

V-MODA BoomPro connector from the X1 into the headphone jack in the MixAmp. The BoomPro comes with a splitter (one for audio, one for voice). I am assuming I don't need this for the MixAmp. Am I right?

Cable that came with the Stereo Headset Adapter to the Astro 2.5mm - 3.5mm cable. The right angle end connected to controller port on the MixAmp. 

I have Optical set to Bitstream Out and Bitstream format to Dolby Digital. I have also unchecked to use voice from the Kinect. 

I am doing everything right or is there a step I am missing to get this working properly?

Dumb question, but have you turned the chat volume all the way up on the X1 controller?

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #28,853 of 48,568

I had this problem too. The stereo headset adapter also works like the mixamp in a way. The buttons on the left work like the game/voice dial on the mixamp. I had to hit the voice button (bottom left) until I started hearing the max setting tone. You can then use the volume buttons to increase the sound (on the adapter). Do you have the usb of the mixamp going to the xbox as well?

Tbh i'm not a huge fan of this set up. Too many damn cables and then the issues w/ voice.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #28,854 of 48,568
  Hardline is bad, bf4 isn't bad i am just sick of playing it like everyone else..battlefront  should be good though..p.s here's a new star wars arcade machine that's just been released, hopefully it's at pax east this year..

Reminds me of Rogue Squadron on GameCube.......and I love that game! lol

Looks cool though. Controls would be hard at first but I cant wait for the new movie and Battlefront :)

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #28,855 of 48,568

I had this problem too. The stereo headset adapter also works like the mixamp in a way. The buttons on the left work like the game/voice dial on the mixamp. I had to hit the voice button (bottom left) until I started hearing the max setting tone. You can then use the volume buttons to increase the sound (on the adapter). Do you have the usb of the mixamp going to the xbox as well?

Tbh i'm not a huge fan of this set up. Too many damn cables and then the issues w/ voice.

Yeah, MS nickel and diming us for the chat adapter is pretty ******* lame to begin with.  And then it doesn't even work properly half the time.  It's a good thing the rest of the XBone ownership experience is so good.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #28,858 of 48,568

It is a lot of cables and I am one who likes a nice clean setup. Oh well. Anyways, I do have the USB going into the XBOX. So are you using the left top/bottom buttons to control the game/voice balance on the headset adapter and not through the MixAmp? What kind of balance are you using? Turning the dial more towards voice on the MixAmp did not improve the loudness at all for game chat but made the game audio very muddled especially gunshots. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #28,859 of 48,568
I do both. Mixamp is usually half way between 50/50 and all voice and the headset adapter is max voice.

My set up is slightly different from yours though, I have a fiio e17 between the mixamp and my headphones (currently using a modmic as well). But essentially you should have optical & usb going from mixamp -> xbox then boompro into mixamp and chat cable from mixamp to the headset adapter. Make sure the boompro is plugged all the way into your headphones as well.

I have a pair of X1s and a boompro coming tomorrow so I'll let you know how my experience goes with it.

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #28,860 of 48,568
MLE did You try Blacklight Retribution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back