Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #18,257 of 48,578
It's there, but for some reason, it's not showing up. I hit edit, everything is there.

edit: removing my Koss clip-on videos (and just adding a link to the in the Koss clip on reviews), fixed the problem.

The links were correct, but Huddler crapped out for some reason. Anyways, at least it didn't disappear. I didn't have a back up guide. Thought someone hacked my account and deleted the guide. That'd have been a disaster.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #18,260 of 48,578
If I buy the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 should I tell them to add a TCXO for 20$ extra, is it worth it ?

I did just for the sake of having the best setup I can afford on the A-Gd products. I did all the extras on my Compass 2.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #18,261 of 48,578
I did just for the sake of having the best setup I can afford on the A-Gd products. I did all the extras on my Compass 2.

Replace the RCA coaxial by BNC socket: Cost is USD10/per  without shipping delay 

Should I do that upgrade aswell then ? I dont really know what changing any of it will do.

And thanks to someones great advice im considering another option which is audio technica ath-ad700x and xonar essence STX setup
instead of the xonar DGX, Audio-GD NFB-15.32 and AKG K702 setup.

Which of the two would be the better option ? So hard to choose because both of the setups seem really good. But I really like the K702 because you can change out the cable if it takes any damage. How would those two setups compare in games/music/movies  ?

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #18,262 of 48,578
If it's for FPS mainly, the K702 isn't gonna give you an advantage over what the AD700x does for cheaper. they'll be comparable, with the K702 setup being better sounding overall for all purposes.

I didn't do the BNC upgrade, because RCA has it's real world use, and BNC seems to be a proprietary input. I have nothing that uses BNC, so it didn't make sense to buy it.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #18,263 of 48,578
  If I buy the Audio-GD NFB-15.32 should I tell them to add a TCXO for 20$ extra, is it worth it ?

It's $20 for something that you will use for years, so might as well get it.
Some people end up adding the TCXO after they buy the 15.32, so might as well buy it installed.
This way they can test it before it's shipped out.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #18,264 of 48,578
If it's for FPS mainly, the K702 isn't gonna give you an advantage over what the AD700x does for cheaper. they'll be comparable, with the K702 setup being better sounding overall for all purposes.

I didn't do the BNC upgrade, because RCA has it's real world use, and BNC seems to be a proprietary input. I have nothing that uses BNC, so it didn't make sense to buy it.

Funny thing is in sweden K702 and AD700x has the same price :I which is like 300$ if i convert the currency to USD. Ok then i wont get the BNC either thanks for the answer.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #18,265 of 48,578
Are you serious that THIS sounds good MLE/others who've heard it?? This is the one youre talking about?
http://dx.com/p/mini-clip-on-microphone-7080
Wow..I'd expect it to do the job but sound like you're talking through a tin can at that price

I can also agree that he came through loud and clear. It didn't sound like he was standing in front of me of course, but it sounded better than many headset microphones I've heard people using over the years. So much so in fact, now that I've confirmed that's the mic he was using I've ordered one for myself. I seem to be buying headphones with dual entry now and the BoomPro isn't going to be useful at all on the HD650 or the Alpha Dogs. The MA900 is single entry, but not detachable without modding. And my wife has claimed my Modmic for work so I can no longer use it :p

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #18,266 of 48,578
  Replace the RCA coaxial by BNC socket: Cost is USD10/per  without shipping delay 

Should I do that upgrade as well then ? I don't really know what changing any of it will do.

And thanks to someones great advice I'm considering another option which is audio Technica ath-ad700x and Xonar Essence STX setup
instead of the Xonar DGX, Audio-GD NFB-15.32 and AKG K702 setup.

Which of the two would be the better option ? So hard to choose because both of the setups seem really good. But I really like the K702 because you can change out the cable if it takes any damage. How would those two setups compare in games/music/movies  ?

I would say to pass on the BNC, As you do not really have a reason for swapping to the BNCs.
The 15.32 do not provide any surround sound features, where as the Essence STX does.
But I think the DGX/15.32/K702 is worth the extra cash and the DGX has Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound and in the future when you feel you have a need to upgrade to a newer sound card, you only need to buy the cheapest model.
Plus there is the chance any headphones you use with the 15.32 might sound a little better then if you used the Essence STX.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #18,267 of 48,578
@MLE the MR28 is a melt machine. Also try out the AK 12 with suppressor and grip. The vepr is a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the AK 74u of black ops. However it is weak, and has a slow time to kill. The Remington R5 is beastly, but I prefer the SA805 with red dot and muzzle brake. 

Try the gambler perk out, its pretty cool. 

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #18,268 of 48,578
Is the lawton stage 1 modded d7000 going to be as good as the stock d7000 for gaming performance, especially fun? Reports that the mod basically makes the headphones more reference-y make me kinda leery. Is the mod reversible by any chance?

Nov 23, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #18,269 of 48,578
I have not read through this thread except for first page and last two pages, but has there been any talk of HE-500s or CIEMs? I am wondering because compared to HE-500s, my Westone ES5s that have a more rolled of trebble are much much better at picking up on both positional audio and things like footsteps and gunshots.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #18,270 of 48,578
@MLE the MR28 is a melt machine. Also try out the AK 12 with suppressor and grip. The vepr is a lot of fun, and it reminds me of the AK 74u of black ops. However it is weak, and has a slow time to kill. The Remington R5 is beastly, but I prefer the SA805 with red dot and muzzle brake. 

Try the gambler perk out, its pretty cool. 

The VEPr with rapid fire is not slow to kill. It sprays bullets so quickly (and mostly in a straight line), people just drop left and right. I have been absolutely dominating with the VEPR.

I like the AK12, but not with a suppressor. A suppressor in CoD tends to cause guns to take one extra bullet to kill people. There are not many instances where I feel the need to hide myself (as i don't ever stick to one place). I like the AK12 with muzzle break and grip. Not sure if I prefer it over the Remington with the same attachments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back