Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 2, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #46,411 of 48,562
What headphones are you using with it. It may just be the headphones not so much the Cube.

@Rozzko

So testing again, 3D audio definitely affects PS4 games, but it seems like a 'expanded stereo' type of enhancement. There's definitely HTRF at work, but it's definitely limited. This may be why I was having issues with Warzone on PS5 in hearing things behind me.

So you're right. I wouldn't use it for PS4 games. Only PS5-centric games.

Thankfully, that's the G6 is for. I just enable SBX as the G6 is fed from my TV's optical out (sending Dolby Digital).

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #46,413 of 48,562
@Rozzko

So testing again, 3D audio definitely affects PS4 games, but it seems like a 'expanded stereo' type of enhancement. There's definitely HTRF at work, but it's definitely limited. This may be why I was having issues with Warzone on PS5 in hearing things behind me.

So you're right. I wouldn't use it for PS4 games. Only PS5-centric games.

Thankfully, that's the G6 is for. I just enable SBX as the G6 is fed from my TV's optical out (sending Dolby Digital).
Thanks. But it’s for all ps5 games, or maybe for few special games (Astro bot, demons souls, spider man morales) that was developed with tempest 3D technology? I this not all ps5 only games has got cool 3D VSS from tempest 3D chip. May be later all games will use it, but now I don’t know.

So all in all, if on ps5 I plying ps5 game (for example demons souls or sack boy) I need to connect G6 to usb of ps5 and having tempest 3D sound. But if I play older games (for PS4) for example God of war, Tlou 2, cyberpunk - I need to connect G6 to TV by optical cable and turn on SBX button on G6?

MLE - Does you connect G6 to PC to Enable Direct mode when you want to connect G6 to usb on PS5 for playng TEMPEST 3D Games?

p.S. interesting when Sony will patch ps5 and tempest 3D can go by hdmi to TV and from TV by optical to external dac

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #46,414 of 48,562
What’s the best SBX custom profile in Creative command PC app? What to select in virtual sound/crystalliser/bass and etc.? Best setting for ps5 games

Command sound blaster-Sub menu-Playback - headphones. in command settings what type of headphones to chose? stereo/5.1/7.1 ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #46,415 of 48,562
What’s the best SBX custom profile in Creative command PC app? What to select in virtual sound/crystalliser/bass and etc.? Best setting for ps5 games

Command sound blaster-Sub menu-Playback - headphones. in command settings what type of headphones to chose? stereo/5.1/7.1 ?
It depends..If you're hooking the G6's optical through a HDMI audio splitter, you can set to 5.1 but if you're hooking the G6 up through USB only then the stereo setting.
Feel free to chime in if i'm wrong about this people =)

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #46,416 of 48,562
Tempest works for everything. However if a game isn't fully supported, it'll default to a generic htrf Virtual surround. It's still very good, if you got nothing else. I don't feel a pressing need to switch away from it even if a game doesn't utilize the true full tempest.

Nvdia broadcast has AI noise filtering. Works like a dream. Not sure if you need a Turing or Ampere gpu though. Like a 20 or 30 series RTX card.

As for the other stuff, not sure. You know I use the Schiit Hel for mic duties. If not, I'd probably plug in to the G6 as the mic device. You'd need a Y headset splitter. One to your amp, and the other to the mic input. Probably would need them in close vicinity.

Surry for the late reply. Headfi notifications are weird.

I thought about adding a Mobius for wireless use with my PC yesterday until I remembered it only works wired via USB/aux or wireless via Bluetooth.
Kind of defeats the purpose as BT isn't that great for gaming. Or am I wrong?

Edit: Just checked your review again. No go, latency for gaming, that's what I was afraid for.
Oh well, I can wait untal they make an updated version that includes a wireless dongle like the Penrose. I think it won't be that long before they do a refresh.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #46,417 of 48,562

Nobody tell what better custom sbx profile to create in creative command?

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #46,418 of 48,562
Nobody tell what better custom sbx profile to create in creative command?

Personally I use 50% surround and 20% crystallizer. Creative recommends no more than 67% surround for gaming.

So I've been talking to Creative and it doesn't seem like you can combine the Sound Blaster X3 with the AE-9 or X7. I was hoping to have the sound quality of the AE-9 combined with the VSS of Super X-Fi, lol

Mar 3, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #46,419 of 48,562
She has arrived E-mu Teak. Let's see how much of the D7000 they channel.

IMG_20210303_135553_973.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #46,421 of 48,562
It depends..If you're hooking the G6's optical through a HDMI audio splitter, you can set to 5.1 but if you're hooking the G6 up through USB only then the stereo setting.
Feel free to chime in if i'm wrong about this people =)
Are you shure? Because I don’t know why in creative command setting is setting for select stereo or 5.1. Maybe if you chose 5.1 then SBX will sounds awfull?

Mad Lust Envy - please give us your custom setting in creative command pc app (for console) and your custom sbx profile! Thanks

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #46,422 of 48,562
I hate few things in G6
1) no power button to switch on/off. It’s annoying when G6 power up to socket
2) volume controle without min and max. So infinity volume control it’s not good. And only one thing to understand volume level is light around volume control. For me it’s not comfortable.
2) it’s point for all external dacs. Volume control on dac. So if I playing console for about 2 meters from tv it not comfortable to change volume....but when G6 connected to USB port on ps5 I can change volume level from DualShock menu. It’s good. But if I connect G6 by optical it’s not working and I need to go 2 meters to change volume level.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #46,423 of 48,562
Are you shure? Because I don’t know why in creative command setting is setting for select stereo or 5.1. Maybe if you chose 5.1 then SBX will sounds awfull?

Mad Lust Envy - please give us your custom setting in creative command pc app (for console) and your custom sbx profile! Thanks
If you want to use SBX for your Surround, then have your console output Dolby Digital (5.1 I assume), and have it output to the G6 via optical. Make sure the Audio Engine is enabled (no Direct Mode) and have Surround enabled, usually at 67% for gaming. No other settings required, but you are welcome to experiment.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #46,425 of 48,562
The D7200 doesn't use those biocel Fostex drivers than the Denons, Emu Teak and Fostex X00 variants do. So I don't trust them to sound like the old Denons. Not that they're bad, but I'm looking for a specific sound.

The Teak def has that old house that I remember. There's something special about that old house sound.

As for my Creative software settings, I have everything turned off except surround at 100%. I don't use any of the other stuff. The G6 is set to 7.1. I have the speaker setting set to 'Enable headphone surround through output' or whatever it's called, so I can send the audio though the optical out. Then I send that to the Modius optical in.

When I switch to ps5, I just turn off the SBX button, set the PS5 to send out to the G6, and turn on 3D audio. Granted, this means I gotta swap between usb cables from the pc to the ps5.

Normally, I leave the G6 on the ps5 at all times, and I use Redscape on pc with my Modius through usb/Jot 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back