Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 19, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #44,176 of 48,562
You can literally just use an aux cable from the phone to the G6 line in. Its a combo line in/optical in. For testing purposes at least.

Oh wait, iphones don't have headphone jack anymore? This is why I never go Apple. Take away features and call it a benefit.

If your phone doesn't have a jack, you'll have to get one of those Apple dongles that add a jack through the charging port.

Thanks. Iphone 6s still have headphone jack; I did like you said and it works. I just wonder why the volume seems low; I have to increase the vol to nearly the max in both the g6 and the iphone.

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #44,177 of 48,562
That's because line level tends to be near max when using other amplifiers into another amplifier. Headphone Jack's = amplifier, though not very good one. So yes, when connecting amps to headphone jack, you'll almost always max out the volume on the first device, (your phone), and they don't supply a lot of voltage, compared to discrete dacs.

Mar 19, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #44,179 of 48,562
My money is on Sony utilizing USB audio and BT and offer various routing options.

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #44,181 of 48,562
So I have tried listening via line-in method for a few hrs now and there’s no pop. The g6 is connected to a 5V DC 1A power source. So maybe the pop is only there when it’s connected to pc via usb.
Yeah, then whatever you connected to your G6 must have noisy usb ports. It happens. I had a terrible usb ports on my last laptop. Thankfully it had optical out.

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #44,182 of 48,562
Yeah, then whatever you connected to your G6 must have noisy usb ports. It happens. I had a terrible usb ports on my last laptop. Thankfully it had optical out.
Man I’ve tried every single usb port on my pc. And if it is because of the usb port, why does the problem only manifest now? When I first received the g6 everything was fine. I’m still exchanging emails with Creative so let’s see whether they can come up with a solution.

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #44,183 of 48,562
Got a pair of headphones today...

20200319_143539.jpg

Oh baby, how you've eluded my grasp for so many years. Saw you on Ebay in great condition for a fraction of the numbers they're going for, simply because of minor marks on one up. Small enough that it would never bother me and can't see other than in one angle in light.

Owner had it for 8 years and it looks well taken care of otherwise, including a perfect cable with no kinks or twists...

I knew I had to have you. So you've arrived.

How I've missed you so much, D7k.

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #44,184 of 48,562
Haaaaaaaaaa!

Looking forward to the new review

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #44,185 of 48,562
Haaaaaaaaaa!

Looking forward to the new review
I thought about this. These are basically impossible to find nowadays, and are either in bad shape, or waaaay too expensive. I don't know if I wanna invest time reviewing an old headphone people can't get. :/

They do deserve a re-review in that it simply wasn't a review the first time, but mere gushing and short impressions.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #44,186 of 48,562
No, do it. They deserve a re-review. Doesn't matter if they aren't available. Plenty of stuff is very hard to find by now. People will always be on the lookout for them anyway.

Mar 19, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #44,187 of 48,562
No, do it. They deserve a re-review. Doesn't matter if they aren't available. Plenty of stuff is very hard to find by now. People will always be on the lookout for them anyway.

Question is will my Dekoni TH900 hybrid pads sound good with them or will they ruin the sound. Because if they work.... OH BABY YES.

Mar 19, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #44,188 of 48,562
From some testing, it seems the Hybrid pads don't change much, maybe a little less etchy in the treble which is good. Shure 1540 Alcantara suedes definitely add warmth and bass at the expense of some detail clarity.

I THINK the pads that were attached are some cheap aftermarket pleathers because they don't feel like the original pads. The original pleather pads are soft and really comfy. But hot. These are kinda stiff and don't like quite the same. I wouldn't have expected the original pleather pads to last 8 years however, so it's understandable. I know they tended to break up and flake after a few years. I wish I could find some official stock pads though.

So looks like I'm more than likely gonna stick to the hybrids, thankfully.

In short session, the bass isn't quite like I remember. I mean the quality is what I expected, which is separated from the midrange and treble (which is something very unique), but it doesn't have the tickle my ears rumble I remember from before. Might be a pad thing, or I dunno. It does sound like the D7000 I remember otherwise.

The soundstage is as huge as I remember.

I'll have to game with them to see if it was the gaming that caused the tickle factor.

It could also be that the Magni 3 isn't the Lyr and Audio GD amp I used to have, so it may not be as thick sounding....

What's weird is how quickly the bass went from...hmm a little less than I remember, to, oh there it is. It seems he hadn't used them in so long, the drivers needed to loosen up a bit or something.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #44,189 of 48,562
I thought about this. These are basically impossible to find nowadays, and are either in bad shape, or waaaay too expensive. I don't know if I wanna invest time reviewing an old headphone people can't get. :/

They do deserve a re-review in that it simply wasn't a review the first time, but mere gushing and short impressions.

A possible alternative with similar characteristics to review would be the EMU Teaks. I’d love to see it!

Mar 19, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #44,190 of 48,562
Listened to Synthic Epiphany - Submerged, and found the bass tickling my right ear. So hmmm.... they might be back!

edit: Seller just told me he forgot he had the D7000 had Lawton pads equipped, and will be sending me the stock pads. Thank goodness.

A possible alternative with similar characteristics to review would be the EMU Teaks. I’d love to see it!
I really wanted to try these as well. If I have any chances, I'd love to. I was very close to buying them at one point, but then people said they didn't sound like the D7000 and I got scared.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back