Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 7, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #42,106 of 48,562
Last time I used HeSuVi, the GSX profile wasn't done correctly. There was apparently some issue or other that it didn't sound as intended. But even back then I felt GSX was very strong. Now, I dunno if it's been fixed, but the real deal is perfect to me. There is literally nothing more that can be done in terms of taking a 7.1 signal and turning that into virtual surround. It's as good as it gets. All we can improve on now is height cues.

At version 2.0 it was still the same. Definitely not the real deal. Don't know if they fixed it. Looking forward to the Dolby Atmos for headphones options. Until then I'm using the G6 between the PC and the PS4.

Do you know what the "surround improvements" for the G6 are that Creative was talking about at reddit?

And where does DTS Headphone:X come in then? Is that a similar application or is it more like a codec that the source material needs to be encoded with?

DTS:X Ultra includes DTS Headphone X of the latest generation, just like Dolby Access includes Dolby Atmos for Headphones. It's not ready yet though but should be sometime in spring.

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #42,107 of 48,562
From my experience, the GSX mic input got way better when I updated the firmware on mine (using the Sennheiser updater). BUT, it's still pretty mediocre compared to a really good sound card.
Hi, can you tell me how did you updated the firmware please?
Also, does the hd600/6xx works good with the gsx? Or for the money shoud i get the gsp 500/600? I want to upgrade my shp 9500s and i don´t know what to do. Apreciate for some help.
Thanks

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #42,108 of 48,562
DTS:X Ultra includes DTS Headphone X of the latest generation, just like Dolby Access includes Dolby Atmos for Headphones. It's not ready yet though but should be sometime in spring.

Hi, can you tell me how did you updated the firmware please?
Also, does the hd600/6xx works good with the gsx? Or for the money shoud i get the gsp 500/600? I want to upgrade my shp 9500s and i don´t know what to do. Apreciate for some help.
Thanks

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads
Download the Firmware update tool, the first download on this site. It looks like it's only for the Surround Dongles but it's actually for all their gaming gear.

No, the amp of the GSX 1000 is a bit underpowered for the 600 and 6XX, it's best to use with phones at or below 150 Ohm impedance like it says in the manual, I tried it.
What I do is connect the headphones out (not speakers out) from the GSX 1000 to my headphone amp and plug the phones in there.

Mar 7, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #42,109 of 48,562
At version 2.0 it was still the same. Definitely not the real deal. Don't know if they fixed it. Looking forward to the Dolby Atmos for headphones options. Until then I'm using the G6 between the PC and the PS4.

Do you know what the "surround improvements" for the G6 are that Creative was talking about at reddit?

Last time I spoke to them was before CES, and it was by a small email which was months after they had sent me the Aurvana Trio.

I haven't touched base with them in a while, basically. No idea on anything G6 related. I'm sure I'm a few updates behind with it. Though I don't have any issues with it atm.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #42,110 of 48,562
@Fegefeuer So you're telling me Gears 4 on pc has Atmos? I have the game. I'd have to reinstall... and it's 135gb or so, so it'll take some time, but I'm interested in replaying it with Atmos to see how well it works. Gears 4 was one of those games that works very well with SBX, GSX, etc. So I'm excited to retry.

Mar 7, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #42,111 of 48,562
Oh, I played it on the Xbox One X.

I'll test the PC version too though since it's Play Anywhere. Gonna do it tonight.

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #42,113 of 48,562
No. Xbox One X setup for Dolby Atmos for Headphones -> optical out -> DAC -> AMP -> HD 800.

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #42,115 of 48,562
You actually should be able to.

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #42,117 of 48,562
yeah, I sold the Xbox One X because everything was on the PC as well. Now it's even better with Sunset Overdrive, probably Halo MCC and Game Pass coming in. No need for a Xbox if you have a PC.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #42,118 of 48,562
Last time I used HeSuVi, the GSX profile wasn't done correctly. There was apparently some issue or other that it didn't sound as intended. But even back then I felt GSX was very strong. Now, I dunno if it's been fixed, but the real deal is perfect to me. There is literally nothing more that can be done in terms of taking a 7.1 signal and turning that into virtual surround. It's as good as it gets. All we can improve on now is height cues.

Had the GSX a till a few weeks ago. Then did some testing with HeSuvi 2.0. Didn't hear a difference, so I sold the GSX.

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #42,119 of 48,562
Had the GSX a till a few weeks ago. Then did some testing with HeSuvi 2.0. Didn't hear a difference, so I sold the GSX.
Great to know. If you are not using the hardwware GSX and using the profile in HeSuVi instead, are you outputting directly to your headphones from your on-board soundcard? Or do you have an external solution? Are you using VB Cable or Voicemeeter to visualize 7.1 to work with HeSuVi/Equalizer APO?

Mar 7, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #42,120 of 48,562
So tested Gears 4 today on PC. Doesn't sound like bonafied 'Atmos' to me. Sounds like pre-mixed virtual surround like in other gamnes. I wouldn't trade GSX or SBX for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back