Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #4,171 of 48,562
Your bag look big enough to hold a baby, let alone some cans. The good thing about Denons is that they can be powered well off anything.

Feb 21, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #4,174 of 48,562
So I've been getting mixed signals about the Astro Mixamp and I figured this would be the best place to get it cleared up. I'm reading some places that it can only process DH through optical and the USB is for power, but I'm seeing other places that are claiming that the USB can be used solo to give out DH. I'm looking for something to go along with my laptop and while I do have an optical out, it'd be 1 less cable to carry and a tad easier to work with if it can run solely off USB. The optical on it is nice if I ever decide to connect it to a console but the main use will be on my laptop.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #4,175 of 48,562

Quote:
So I've been getting mixed signals about the Astro Mixamp and I figured this would be the best place to get it cleared up. I'm reading some places that it can only process DH through optical and the USB is for power, but I'm seeing other places that are claiming that the USB can be used solo to give out DH. I'm looking for something to go along with my laptop and while I do have an optical out, it'd be 1 less cable to carry and a tad easier to work with if it can run solely off USB. The optical on it is nice if I ever decide to connect it to a console but the main use will be on my laptop.

Stereo only through usb

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #4,176 of 48,562
Its even on their site somewhere. USB is stereo only, as mentioned above.

Gladzilla: no.

Feb 21, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #4,177 of 48,562
Confusion may have arisen due to an old, pre-2010 MixAmp, and then the new (current) MixAmp.
I have the old one. One of the differences is that the pre-2010 MixAmp cannot transmit voice over USB for PC setups. Wouldn't surprise me if there were similar limitations on surround sound.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #4,179 of 48,562
I'm in a serious predicament for Mass Effect 3. I played both console versions of the demo, and was very disappointed with how shoddy the game ran on the PS3.

My problem is that all of my ME2 data is on the PS3, so its either dealing with the craptastic PS3 version and keep my data, or start fresh on the 360.

All I care about is that if I start fresh, the previous game's characters aren't compromised, as well as mention of all DLC IF they are mentioned with a full ME2 file.

I do prefer it on the 360 for various reasons, but my ME2 data was on my ex's 360...not mine.

That said, it IS only a demo, but I'm skeptical about the issue being fixed so close to release day. The 360's demo version was fine.

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #4,181 of 48,562
I am seriously debating playing through Mass Effect 2 again. I started fresh in 2 (a couple of times) due to red rings. I have finished the game a couple of times but my rolled over characters are no where near the end of the game. Really enjoying the engineer/adept/sentinel in the multiplayer.

As far as sound on the Beyers the death beams from the juggernauts is insanely deep and loud. But Biotic explosions in MP as an Adept :) a ton of mid bass. So much in fact I had to switch the HD598s because it I couldn't take it anymore. (Main volume 1o'clock, voice 2o'clock.)
I lent my brother the Beyers this weekend to use with his Tritton setup and he gave them back an hour later. "I can't hear a damn thing with all that bass" were his words.
Of course standing by my brother with him cracking off sniper shots on the HD598 is also amazing. First time he did it, it literally scared the crap out of me. Now no matter where he is on the map I can find him if he has a sniper rifle. We have both put in about 17 hours in the MP now. LOVE IT!

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #4,183 of 48,562
The Mass Effect save editor works well. I have a friend playing now and he skipped ME1 but still wanted to choose how the story ended up and he's been loving ME2.

And returning to my earlier question, so since the Mixamp only handles stereo over USB then that would make it in the same category as the U1 and U3 from Asus, correct?

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #4,185 of 48,562
I am seriously debating playing through Mass Effect 2 again. I started fresh in 2 (a couple of times) due to red rings. I have finished the game a couple of times but my rolled over characters are no where near the end of the game. Really enjoying the engineer/adept/sentinel in the multiplayer.

As far as sound on the Beyers the death beams from the juggernauts is insanely deep and loud. But Biotic explosions in MP as an Adept :) a ton of mid bass. So much in fact I had to switch the HD598s because it I couldn't take it anymore. (Main volume 1o'clock, voice 2o'clock.)
I lent my brother the Beyers this weekend to use with his Tritton setup and he gave them back an hour later. "I can't hear a damn thing with all that bass" were his words.
Of course standing by my brother with him cracking off sniper shots on the HD598 is also amazing. First time he did it, it literally scared the crap out of me. Now no matter where he is on the map I can find him if he has a sniper rifle. We have both put in about 17 hours in the MP now. LOVE IT!

I did mention that the DT990 Pro has a bit too much midbass, which is why I returned it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back