Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #39,961 of 48,562
I'm almost 100% certain you asked me about the AX720 and I had already told you the answer. I told you that the puck where the volume control is splits and reveals a microphone and headphone jack so you can use any headphone with it. It will work with the X2.
i understand that it will work. but did Tritton have a AMP to power fidelio x2?

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #39,962 of 48,562
It IS an amp. Not the best, but X2 isn't a hard to drive headphone. And fyi, any device with a headphone jack has an internal amp, including your phone.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #39,963 of 48,562
On the GSP 600, we know that Sennheiser tells these are new drivers. As I do not own the requested HD5.. cans I cannot comment a comparison. They are decent for gaming even in stereo mode all virtualisation disabled. They have angled drivers and are easy to drive. Very good also for music, though not quite on HD650/660S level. They are a bit brighter for the fine derails needed to hear your enemies.

Thank you sir. This helps. I was asking because I actually have a gsp 600 coming in the mail tomorrow from amazon that i preordered months ago. I also just ordered an hd 598 and a game one for comparison. I want to see if those open cans can produce a better positional sound in games (Battlefield 1 is my go to game and I will try perhaps some Vermintide 2). If they do then i will likely wait for the GSP 500 as opposed to keeping the GSP 600. I will try all 3 in both stereo and VSS ( through Creative 720 software that came with my board) Currently coming from an Astro A50 so either of those 3 will be an improvement lol.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #39,964 of 48,562
Thank you sir. This helps. I was asking because I actually have a gsp 600 coming in the mail tomorrow from amazon that i preordered months ago. I also just ordered an hd 598 and a game one for comparison. I want to see if those open cans can produce a better positional sound in games (Battlefield 1 is my go to game and I will try perhaps some Vermintide 2). If they do then i will likely wait for the GSP 500 as opposed to keeping the GSP 600. I will try all 3 in both stereo and VSS ( through Creative 720 software that came with my board) Currently coming from an Astro A50 so either of those 3 will be an improvement lol.
Looking forward to it as I'm in the same boat: wait for gsp500, or get the 598/599. Don't really need mic but the lower impedance of the 500 might be more beneficial

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #39,965 of 48,562
Looking forward to it as I'm in the same boat: wait for gsp500, or get the 598/599. Don't really need mic but the lower impedance of the 500 might be more beneficial
But you saw the video, not loud enough...lol. The guy must be kinda deaf from clubbing or live music.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #39,966 of 48,562
But you saw the video, not loud enough...lol. The guy must be kinda deaf from clubbing or live music.

I don't understand how this guy always gets review units when he has clearly no clue. Why would anybody send him anything for review. I guess manufactures have no time to check reviewers for credibility and competence.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #39,967 of 48,562
I don't understand how this guy always gets review units when he has clearly no clue. Why would anybody send him anything for review. I guess manufactures have no time to check reviewers for credibility and competence.
At least he can count.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #39,968 of 48,562

He lost me when he said he will only recommend them for guys with bigger heads because "thats what its about " lol I had a good laugh. Yeah I call BS on not being loud enough. he mentions that he is using a Z370 motherboard which means he is likely using an ALC 1220 audio chipset which should be more than enough to drive them as its Realtek's latest iteration.

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #39,969 of 48,562
FWIW here's an early review of the GSP 500 vs 600 although not sure the reviewer truly understands the open back concept lol.

I prefer the YouTube review by Hardware Canucks. BY FAR.

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #39,970 of 48,562
Hey, im currently looking for new headphones vs mic.
After like 5 years every day use mine DT 770 Limited 32Ohm died, so now i need find a replacement. I have 350$ +/- 50$ to spend for headset or headphones vs something like ModMic 5, coz currently im using mic from my logitech webcam and its not that bad, but if i set it to voise activation, ambient noise and keyboard near it blows all in discord away :D
As soundcard im using Creative AE-5, and looking for not that bright headphones, as DT770 vs good mid, and good base that not overwhelming.
Mostly im will be using it like 50% gaming, 30% music and 20% movies.
What im currently looking is GSP-600 as versatile headset, i can get it for around 300$ or something like AKG K712 PRO + ModMic 5, those combo i can get for around 350$. For sound quality i guess 2nd will be far better, but not that versatile and mic not that good as sennheiser offer. Open or closed is not important.
What other options do I have?

P.S. Sorry for my english

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #39,971 of 48,562
I prefer the YouTube review by Hardware Canucks. BY FAR.

They have some solid vids. Been watching them for years. Glad to see the Game One is his reference for mic quality. Lol.

Mar 29, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #39,972 of 48,562
Hey, im currently looking for new headphones vs mic.
After like 5 years every day use mine DT 770 Limited 32Ohm died, so now i need find a replacement. I have 350$ +/- 50$ to spend for headset or headphones vs something like ModMic 5, coz currently im using mic from my logitech webcam and its not that bad, but if i set it to voise activation, ambient noise and keyboard near it blows all in discord away :D
As soundcard im using Creative AE-5, and looking for not that bright headphones, as DT770 vs good mid, and good base that not overwhelming.
Mostly im will be using it like 50% gaming, 30% music and 20% movies.
What im currently looking is GSP-600 as versatile headset, i can get it for around 300$ or something like AKG K712 PRO + ModMic 5, those combo i can get for around 350$. For sound quality i guess 2nd will be far better, but not that versatile and mic not that good as sennheiser offer. Open or closed is not important.
What other options do I have?

P.S. Sorry for my english
I had the K702 for some time in the past. It was good but not great. I suggest you go grab the GSP 600 or the GSP 500. They are good for all things you want to do and easy to drive. They represent the best solution for your requirement in my opinion.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #39,973 of 48,562
I run a Fidelio X2 an by far from my collection has been my go to for FPS games (mostly BF1). The soundstage and imaging for gaming is so far been the best i have used. Not the best for music. Have a set of Campfire Vega, and Cascades for that.

Make sure to get a decent dac and amp to get the most out of them. Currently running a JDS Labs Element as a dac and running it into a Emotiva A100 BasX for the amp.

Mar 29, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #39,974 of 48,562
Hi there,

Just looking for some advice.

Recently I had to sell a pair of Sony MDR Ma900s along with my Creative Sound Blaster X7.

As I was so happy with my headphones, I wasn't really following any headphone trends etc. and am unaware of what is currently available on the market.

So I am just looking for some advice regarding what headphone I should look to target now, while I hunt for a pair of Ma900s again.

In addition I am also looking for another surround sound decoder for PS4 and PC.

Any suggestions, I have been looking at the HD598, and also noticed a new HD599 model, any significant differences between them?

And any suggestions for a X7 substitute, as I don't feel that the X7 is as necessary a piece of kit that I desperately need, and feel the price point is no longer competitive as it will just be for console, so long as it can also connect to PC, so I can also output PC audio through the same cans simultaneously with console.

My main objective is sound whoring in competitive FPS.

Thank you in advance guys.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #39,975 of 48,562

Im still waiting on my gsp 600 coming in the mail today but initial impressions of the 598 vs game one are that i really like the game ones. the 598s have literally no bass (like every explosion in BF1 is like meh), not as well built as the game ones (not a fan of the faux leather), i'm not a fan of the rubber cord (as opposed to braided on the game one). they do have a slightly wider soundstage then the game ones (although i had no issues with either with sound whoring in BF1 lol) , and they as slightly more comfortable, but i think overall the game ones are such well rounded headsets striking that balance between soundstage, "fun" rich sound, build quality, comfort etc. I am gonna post a full review of all 3 with my system specs, pictures (maybe ill do a video) etc but i suspect its gonna be a fierce fight for me between the game ones that i really enjoy and the gsp 600 but we shall see. :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back