Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #34,776 of 48,566
Apples to a slightly different apple. A waste of money. Either keep the K612, or save up for something bigger and better.

We are talking about a game of subtleties. Just because you go from a K612 to an AD700x or HD800 doesn't mean that aoll the sudden you're gonna hear something you've never heard in the game. Headphones are about refinement, not all the sudden hearing things in a game that were non-existent before (unless you had a very veiled, undetailed headphone).

I can hear the same footsteps, the same sound effects from the same positions out of a $100 headphone compared to a $1500 one.

The K612 is a fine competitive headphone. Unless something is truly bothering you about them, there is no need to change them if all you want is a competitive headphone.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #34,778 of 48,566
Hi. I already got the x2 and the dt 880. Does it get any better, i mean by a lot for Gaming with the HD 598 or dt 990? And Sound quality wise, from what ive read so far i think both would be a step down from my cans, is that the case?

And is anyone gaming with the ath msr7? Hows the soundstage and positional accuracy for gaming for a closed headphone?

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #34,779 of 48,566
Those are very good headphones. If you're looking at your price range, forget getting anything., You'll just be side grading all day. If you want improvements, prepare to pay double or more before it starts making any real difference.

And again, we're talking REFINEMENT, and not something that is twice as good.

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #34,780 of 48,566
Hi. I already got the x2 and the dt 880. Does it get any better, i mean by a lot for Gaming with the HD 598 or dt 990? And Sound quality wise, from what ive read so far i think both would be a step down from my cans, is that the case?

And is anyone gaming with the ath msr7? Hows the soundstage and positional accuracy for gaming for a closed headphone?

As far as the mdrz7's, they are as good as the akg q701 when it comes to directional cues and the soundstage is as good too with it being very fun to use. I was sceptical to get them at first since there's not a lot of gaming feedback online but it's the best I've tried.

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #34,781 of 48,566
Good to hear about the Sony, the only other impression I heard was Fegfeuer's on those MDR-Z7. I heard them myself at RMAF, at the Sony booth and Kimber Cable booth... and I cannot remember anything descriptive about them other than black, around ears, different sound than the MA900, and that they are not the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 headphones that CPTredsox was asking about.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #34,783 of 48,566
Hey fellas! Not sure how many of you have heard of the Taction Kannons, but you owe it to yourself to at least take a look at their Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2053327139/kannon-headphones-accurate-bass-you-can-feel

I got to try them out overnight a few months ago and they're absolutely epic for gaming. I loved using them with Overwatch--it feels like you're cheating because you react even faster when you can feel the direction bullets are coming from.

Note that I have no affiliation with these guys, I'm just a big fanboy after getting to try them out and I want to see them succeed so I can get some myself!

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #34,784 of 48,566
Hey fellas! Not sure how many of you have heard of the Taction Kannons, but you owe it to yourself to at least take a look at their Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2053327139/kannon-headphones-accurate-bass-you-can-feel

I got to try them out overnight a few months ago and they're absolutely epic for gaming. I loved using them with Overwatch--it feels like you're cheating because you react even faster when you can feel the direction bullets are coming from.

Note that I have no affiliation with these guys, I'm just a big fanboy after getting to try them out and I want to see them succeed so I can get some myself!
I think the Sony pulse elites do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back