Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 20, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #32,986 of 48,562
Hey fellow audio lovers, I have a Audio GD NFB-1AMP, NFB-3DAC and a PS4. Project Ember to Astro Mixamp to PS4 works flawlessly but im upgrading to a Master11 and the NFB1,NFB3 are searching for a home. Connecting the NFB-1AMP to Astro Mixamp to PS4 RCA brings no audio. NFB1-AMP to NFB-3DAC to PS4 (optical and usb) at least has some noise but its pure static. I suspect the amp/dac needs drivers before the PS4 will recognize it. Surely someone had success with a similar setup

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #32,987 of 48,562
Hi thanks for the repies guys appreciate it!

I cannot set windows to 5.1/7.1 as I have disabled the realtek drivers, as I didnt want them interfering with the E5. I have option only for headphones. Quality was set midway in windows which I had not realised to now its set to 24/192. TIn the E5 control panel I have the option also only for h-phones. Are you suggesting I should enable my onboard sound and then try again? Windows is set to stereo speakers. not possible to change this.

I have not tried setting BF4 ingame to speakers (not sure there is that option, probably due to my disabling reatek drivers?) but there is a 'surround' option which for me reduces the volume alot and sound more muffled. I am currently set at stereo in battlefiled.

After installing the sound blaster drivers to your computer in addition to the control panel, Windows ought to give you a 5.1 option.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #32,989 of 48,562
  I was searching through the net for any new information on any of surround sound devices and found these about the Blasterx G5.

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://spec.tgbus.com/hard/2240/creative-announce-sound-blaster-x-series-products/&prev=search

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://spec.tgbus.com/hard/2240/creative-announce-sound-blaster-x-series-products/&prev=search

The first link has more close up pics of the G5 in action while the second link shows some of the software interface. Both links stated that they would be on sale in January 2016.

I also found a link of a video that showed the Turtle Beach TAC at this year's E3, I'll provide a link if you guys want.

Thanks for posting this, as I've been curious about news of the release date here in the U.S. Looks like we'll have to wait until January.

Maybe it's just me, but these two links look the same. Am I missing something?

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #32,990 of 48,562
After installing the sound blaster drivers to your computer in addition to the control panel, Windows ought to give you a 5.1 option.

Hi Shrugs...

I have tried everthing to try to get surround option in windows. I did a complete uninstall of the E5 and reinstalled the driver but i have not updated the firmware. I have tried enabling my realtek drivers and various other things but I only get a stereo option in both Windows and in Creative control panel :frowning2:

EDIT: I found this   http://forums.creative.com/archive/index.php?t-717470.html

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #32,996 of 48,562
I emailed creative and got an answer which agrees with what someone else said earlier in the thread, sorry cant remember who! Creative said that they are releasing before Xmas in the UK. Clearly this is not a guarantee and unless they have somehow fixed the issue with windows only recognising this as a stereo only device and many games rely on the surround setting being enabled in windows I certainly will be staying away from the G5.
mad.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #32,997 of 48,562
the G5 and E5 both use the Axx1 DSP chip which are Dolby digital certified, meaning they can decode Dolby digital 5.1 signals coming from game consoles, but whether they are going to write a firmware for them to work or not is another question. 

For PC use, I don't know maybe they are working on a new driver ?

if they write a firmware for E5 to decode Dolby signals, you could buy a cheap DD encoder like the Xonar U3 and connect it via optical ports.

That would be an odd way of doing it but then you end up having two surround virtualizers, namely, Dolby Headphone and SBX.

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #32,998 of 48,562
You should hear mine now, with the amp that I ordered in like April which just arrived two days ago O.O
I do like my K612 straight out of my iPad, but they scale so well if you feed them with a powerful amp and a super DAC. My best stuff that I just got hooked up costs almost 10x as much as I spent on my K612, and each addition elevated the K612 higher! Still, wish I had something like a balanced HE-560 or PM-2 here, or... or... an Ether. Oooooo who whowhoo!

Even hooked up to the headphone jack of the X7 though, the Cavalli Liquid Carbon still kicks ass with the K612 and makes a noticeable soundstage improvement and ups the "life" of the sound.

It's been so long since I last listened to the K612. Though after all this time I finally found the headphone for me, the Nighthawks completely killed my desire for any other headphone and they are amazing for gaming, spacious holographic soundstage with bass extension like a pre-fazor LCD-2 but notably more impact. In the process of selling gear and building a system around them.

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #32,999 of 48,562
  I have tried everthing to try to get surround option in windows. 

In the control panel - SBX - there's a demo clip

How does that sound with SBX on vs off?

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #33,000 of 48,562
  I emailed creative and got an answer which agrees with what someone else said earlier in the thread, sorry cant remember who! Creative said that they are releasing before Xmas in the UK. Clearly this is not a guarantee and unless they have somehow fixed the issue with windows only recognising this as a stereo only device and many games rely on the surround setting being enabled in windows I certainly will be staying away from the G5.
mad.gif

Yeah, if it registers as a stereo device in Windows all the magic in the world isn't going to stop most games refusing to output surround. It's the same stupid situation as Logitechs current drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back