Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 10, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #30,274 of 48,583
I found the software to be ok with gaming and completely unwanted with music and movies.

Same. I thought it was "good enough" for free when I was gaming, but otherwise pointless. A cheap dss did a better job for gaming without the software related issues I would occasionally get from the razor software.

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #30,275 of 48,583
Why should you use laggy software emulation when you have hardware SBX emulation?
And the more surround effects/out of head intensity, the more helium everything sounds artifacts heard is not lifelike sounding.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #30,277 of 48,583
Looks like the K7XX has more bass presence than the K712, according to innefidelity's measurements. Interesting because I had this assumption when I first got them, but thought I was just trippin since my ears had gotten used to the drier K612 and HP200.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #30,278 of 48,583
  Razer surround is already available, and it kicks ass with newer games.....

I tried that, but all I heard was this artificial rever effect, like the game was played in the echo chamber.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #30,279 of 48,583
I just demoed the "Out of Your Head" speaker emulation software, and I was super impressed with the surround sound effects! I guess they are releasing a low-latency surround emulator for gamers [who own the software] in the near future... which will be a free add-on to the basic software package. It may be of interest to those of you who are computer gamers...

Anyway, the software is half-off on MassDrop at the moment... definitely check out the video demo!!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/out-of-your-head-speaker-software

Did anyone even click through and try this? Or did it just instantly derail?

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #30,280 of 48,583
Anyone need an external hard drive (160gb) to store music for their PS4? It originally came out of my old PS3 and is inside this external enclosure. Recently upgraded the HD on my PS4 and am now using its stock 500gb as my external... hence no need for the 160gb. Not asking for much, just want to pass it on to someone who may need it...

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #30,281 of 48,583
Hello,

I've bought the Tritton 720+ Virtual Surround headset + amp because I wanted to have a nice gaming experience on the ps4. It has done pretty well till now. The greatness is off it, I'm getting tired of the big booms that I get hearing during Online gaming. 

So I've come to this forum and have read alot about amps and headsets. It made me wonder why I bought it in the first place. People stated that Headphones are that much better and "Gaming" headsets are just a load of bullcrap. I've realised that now, I can't hear jack**** about my surrounding like it supposed to be. A chopper in the air in Battlefield Hardline on the map Growhouse is just wrecking my ears. 

I want to how people tell it here, sound whoring. I want to know what happens in my surrounding. Now I've come to an understanding that Mix Amp Pro from Astro is most favorite here, but my bad is that I allready bought a Tritton 720+. And I would like to use this amp but I want to buy an new Headphone.

Now comes my questions:

How does the AMP of Tritton performe against the Mix amp Pro. I really want to use the AMP from Tritton because I didn't bought it for no reason then. But if this thing is a piece of **** then I cannot get arround and buy the Mix amp Pro.

Now I've seen some Headphones and many many many many suggestions in the revieuw in the gaming section of this forum.

Everyone is lovely about the AD700. But there are a few people who just hate it. Wich can you suggest me ?

And there was one Headset wich got good revieuw for competitive gaming. The Sennheiser PC 360. How does this beauty perform against a lets say AD700 ? 

My idea was, getting the Sennheiser PC 360 and then plug this in my AMP because it would replace my awefull tritton headset just like that with nothing else to buy. But I don't know if this is a good setup ? I would really like to you guys give me some advise because I dont want to waste some money again. There is not really a limit what I want to spent, but don't come with Amps for 1000 bucks haha. It must be realistic.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native lanquage. 

Regards,

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #30,282 of 48,583
I've bought the Tritton 720+ Virtual Surround headset + amp because I wanted to have a nice gaming experience on the ps4. It has done pretty well till now. The greatness is off it, I'm getting tired of the big booms that I get hearing during Online gaming. 

Now comes my questions:

How does the AMP of Tritton performe against the Mix amp Pro. I really want to use the AMP from Tritton because I didn't bought it for no reason then. But if this thing is a piece of **** then I cannot get arround and buy the Mix amp Pro.

Now I've seen some Headphones and many many many many suggestions in the revieuw in the gaming section of this forum.

Everyone is lovely about the AD700. But there are a few people who just hate it. Wich can you suggest me ?

And there was one Headset wich got good revieuw for competitive gaming. The Sennheiser PC 360. How does this beauty perform against a lets say AD700 ? 

My idea was, getting the Sennheiser PC 360 and then plug this in my AMP because it would replace my awefull tritton headset just like that with nothing else to buy. But I don't know if this is a good setup ? I would really like to you guys give me some advise because I dont want to waste some money again. There is not really a limit what I want to spent, but don't come with Amps for 1000 bucks haha. It must be realistic.

Sorry for my english, it's not my native lanquage. 

Regards,

Dude, first of all, welcome to Head-Fi! Second of all, please use less spaces between paragraphs.

Now, to answer Your questions:

If You already have an amp from the 720+ headset, there isn't really much point in buying the Mixamp, since the difference will be negligible.

As for the headset itself, the Philips Fidelio X1/X2 + V-Moda Boom pro seems to be a popular combo around here.

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #30,284 of 48,583
The Trittin's decoder box is fine. If it's still like before, you can separate the puck to reveal two inputs (one for headphones, one for mics), that way you can use your own stuff.

I suggest the Fidelio X2. It's amazing. Buy it with a V-moda Boompro, and you'll have an instant, amazing headset.

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #30,285 of 48,583

Users who are viewing this thread

Back