Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 19, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #26,596 of 48,583
The X7 also does DD5.1.
Seems like it will offer the best processings that are out there, if not the DH;X
Any ideas whether it will be able to just process the sound and pass it to external DACs. Like the U3, etc.

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #26,597 of 48,583
  Was it ear opening?! Just getting a feel for whats out there as i have decent headphones but still always learning :D

Mixamp Pro 2015? The 14 is just a remodel with same exact specs. Its just a marketing scam. Its rumored that the true nextgen mixamp being revealed in 2016. but that is just rumors i picked up from someone on the astrogaming fb page. 

Oct 19, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #26,599 of 48,583
If the creative X7 ever drops to the 300 dollar mark, I might jump on it. Especially since I am considering purchasing some top quality Bookshelf speakers or desktop speakers, like the audioengine A5s.....

Man...need mooaar money lol

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #26,600 of 48,583
HE-400i coming, will be used for gaming. Gotta track down my clip on mic. Let's see how these fare.

Make sure to not judge them on soundstaging alone :D

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #26,601 of 48,583
   Mixamp Pro 2015? The 14 is just a remodel with same exact specs. Its just a marketing scam. Its rumored that the true nextgen mixamp being revealed in 2016. but that is just rumors i picked up from someone on the astrogaming fb page. 

Yeah the 2015 edition (I am assuming it is 2015 since the headset is titled 2015 according to everyone on youtube that has reviewed and/or done an unboxing). Makes me sad to hear that its just a cosmetic upgrade :/ so i will I will keep looking then for some way to drive my headset to my ps4 and pc... Kinda thinking about getting the Q701s too!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #26,602 of 48,583
Yeah the 2015 edition (I am assuming it is 2015 since the headset is titled 2015 according to everyone on youtube that has reviewed and/or done an unboxing). Makes me sad to hear that its just a cosmetic upgrade :/ so i will I will keep looking then for some way to drive my headset to my ps4 and pc... Kinda thinking about getting the Q701s too!
what!? Well if your willing to drop money on an amp on top of the q701s, the e09k works pretty good. I do not suggest hooking te amp through your phone tho, on mine I get dropper signals and I have to keep replying

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #26,603 of 48,583
Finally! An update from MLE!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #26,604 of 48,583
Finally thanks to this guide and thread I've bought the AKG k612 headphones. I am really happy and satisfied with quality and sound.. But now I need to buy an amp for them, so, considering I have a Mixamp pro 2014, a 3,5 jack mic and a ps4

1.- How the hell can I wire all the parts without spending money on more devices and gimmicks to get all the sound throught the K612 and the mic working?

2.- I obviously know this thread is surround sound oriented, but thinking about a "B PLAN", which would be an high quality stereo setup for PS4? If I sell the Mixamp until something else is developed, for example a Modi/Magni would do a great job? USB OR OPTICAL? Where in the chain would be connected the mic?

Sorry if this questions have been already answered, but I haven't found them
Thanks to all

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #26,605 of 48,583
what!? Well if your willing to drop money on an amp on top of the q701s, the e09k works pretty good. I do not suggest hooking te amp through your phone tho, on mine I get dropper signals and I have to keep replying

Well I was thinking about it. I currently have my pc360's so I may not either way but I just am so curious as to how the Q701s sound... and because money. I am trying to find a good solution for console AND pc gaming as I do both but I can't hook up my pc360's with mic to my ps4 and I am NOT using the controller for sound lol. Any ideas? I had the new mixamp for a bit and the usb/optical seemed like a good idea but I just don't know if thats the best option.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #26,606 of 48,583
Well I was thinking about it. I currently have my pc360's so I may not either way but I just am so curious as to how the Q701s sound... and because money. I am trying to find a good solution for console AND pc gaming as I do both but I can't hook up my pc360's with mic to my ps4 and I am NOT using the controller for sound lol. Any ideas? I had the new mixamp for a bit and the usb/optical seemed like a good idea but I just don't know if thats the best option.
well I can not compare but the first page in here can help you , it's pretty hard to decide and I am new my self. The q701s depend on external amp with the mixamp, for pc you may need a soundcard. Depend on the device. Ask around on here. I am new and I can not give you valid Intel and my sources are not fully reliable .

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #26,607 of 48,583
well I can not compare but the first page in here can help you , it's pretty hard to decide and I am new my self. The q701s depend on external amp with the mixamp, for pc you may need a soundcard. Depend on the device. Ask around on here. I am new and I can not give you valid Intel and my sources are not fully reliable .

Dang... Yeah I have read the first page and thats how I came to my pc 360 solution but then I got a ps4 and realized I could not hook it up. I think Envy uses the mixamp for his gaming (with a seperate amp). This thread is fantastic for headphones but doesn't have much in external solutions but I am not sure if that is because that is already the best there is and I am just too picky lol. For now I am thinking maybe mixamp pro (the newest one) for ps4/pc and later on, just buy a PCIE soundcard with built in amp, but for that, I will have to go to a different thread that specifies on PC gaming solutions. If I do get the Q701s, then I may just run those in my computer and use pc360s for ps4 :/

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #26,608 of 48,583
Make sure to not judge them on soundstaging alone
biggrin.gif

I'm going to judge it on soundstaging so hard. Actually, I bought MattTCG's with the grill mod and I've read that it can improve soundstage, so that's what I'm hoping I experience as well.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #26,609 of 48,583

I'm going to judge it on soundstaging so hard. Actually, I bought MattTCG's with the grill mod and I've read that it can improve soundstage, so that's what I'm hoping I experience as well.

There's some improvement yes...
But I preferred the 560 primarily cause of openness, a bit bigger stage and better sub-bass extension.
Still, 
popcorn.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #26,610 of 48,583
I currently have the Sennheiser G4me One with an astro mixamp. My question is I hear all this hype about the q701 being the best overall for gaming. Would I get better sound quality if I get the q701 with a fioo e9 then my G4me One?

Sound quality, yes. You would lose the Dolby Headphone processing for gaming however. Since you already have the mixamp and if you were to go that route, you could double amp withy the E9 and I think you would be quite pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back