Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #23,672 of 48,562
That dragonfly DAC/amp is a great solution for laptops. It doesn't process headphone surround, but it sounds better than a Mixamp and they lowered prices.

Grumpy,
I'll try that, but my DAC is a normal DAC... It can't process DDL. It is possible that the Omni will process SBX and output stereo LPCM or PCM, but I doubt it because you are supposed to enable that encoding so that an AV receiver can feed 5 or 7 discrete speakers. Maybe something in the middle will work... Windows set for DDL, the Omni control panel set to no encoding to force it to use SBX to process it?

May 9, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #23,676 of 48,562
It does come with pleathers, actually. I just replaced them with my 1540 alcantara pads
wink.gif

Ooooooh, that makes sense. Wonder how it changes the sound vs stock, and I'm curious if Beyer pads would fit it.

May 9, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #23,677 of 48,562
I didn't notice much of a difference when switching back n forth, except a bit of refinement coming from the alcantaras. Haven't had much time to be completely sure, though.

The alcantaras are unique softs pads, as they give a similar sound effect to pleathers... but with more air to breathe.

Quick impression of the HP200 is that it reminds me A LOT of the 1840, without the bass distortion. I've read that these sound very similar to the HD600s, and it makes sense as I've read those are similar to the 1840.

Clearly a winner, in my book, but I wouldn't recommend regular velours on em. These are already slightly bright, so regular velours might make them fatiguing.

May 10, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #23,679 of 48,562
I really need to wait until I get my K612 back to really give some good impressions on these.

So far, I'm sticking with my initial post about these sounding very similar to the SRH1840. The detail and imaging I'm getting with these is AMAZING. It's similarly bass light like the SRH1840, but better textured and there is absoulutely no low frequency distortion (like the SRH1840 is known for).

I think we have a new sound whoring go-to headphone in the $200 range. Still not absolutely positive a BoomPro will fit, however...

Just amazing to look at, too!

May 10, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #23,680 of 48,562
after reading ur great review and comparison. I want to buy slyr headset
but unfortunately its not available in my country
I play in LAN cafe so I need a headset with good isolation
currently Im eyeing plantronics 780
anyone have tried this? or maybe zowie hammer?

Im also curious about GR07 BE and yamaha eph100 for FPS gaming.. since in my LAN cafe give a bad headset
and I want to use the mic that attach to that bad headset.. (I dont want to that with headphones since it will takes attention)

and this is the list of (maybe) all kind of headset available in my country
http://www.rumahgamer.com/20c-gaming-audio?limit=100&page=1
which one would u reccomend it.. < 125$ (Rp 1,500,000 )
also AKG GHS-1 is in my budget

May 10, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #23,681 of 48,562
That dragonfly DAC/amp is a great solution for laptops. It doesn't process headphone surround, but it sounds better than a Mixamp and they lowered prices.

Grumpy,
I'll try that, but my DAC is a normal DAC... It can't process DDL. It is possible that the Omni will process SBX and output stereo LPCM or PCM, but I doubt it because you are supposed to enable that encoding so that an AV receiver can feed 5 or 7 discrete speakers. Maybe something in the middle will work... Windows set for DDL, the Omni control panel set to no encoding to force it to use SBX to process it?

Dragonflys garbage mate, If you are going to get one get the hrt microstreamer!

May 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #23,682 of 48,562

Dragonflys garbage mate, If you are going to get one get the hrt microstreamer!

"Garbage"?  There are a lot of reviews on head-fi that say otherwise.  People were raving about it when it was $250.  Now it's $99 for the same unit or $150 for an even better version.  The Microstreamer is $200, and I'm sure it's decent... but I can't imagine it's so good that it makes the AQDF look like garbage.  Especially at twice the price.

May 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #23,683 of 48,562
  after reading ur great review and comparison. I want to buy slyr headset
but unfortunately its not available in my country
I play in LAN cafe so I need a headset with good isolation
currently Im eyeing plantronics 780
anyone have tried this? or maybe zowie hammer?

Im also curious about GR07 BE and yamaha eph100 for FPS gaming.. since in my LAN cafe give a bad headset
and I want to use the mic that attach to that bad headset.. (I dont want to that with headphones since it will takes attention)

and this is the list of (maybe) all kind of headset available in my country
http://www.rumahgamer.com/20c-gaming-audio?limit=100&page=1
which one would u reccomend it.. < 125$ (Rp 1,500,000 )
also AKG GHS-1 is in my budget

If you can afford it, the Sennheiser PC360 is probably the best one on that list.

May 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #23,685 of 48,562

"Garbage"?  There are a lot of reviews on head-fi that say otherwise.  People were raving about it when it was $250.  Now it's $99 for the same unit or $150 for an even better version.  The Microstreamer is $200, and I'm sure it's decent... but I can't imagine it's so good that it makes the AQDF look like garbage.  Especially at twice the price.

I have had one mate sorry but they are not worth keeping..if you want a cheaper one get the dacmagic xs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back