Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #23,237 of 48,578
Eggshell pads of the TH-900 never gets hot for me. Hifiman pleather and similar are horrible.

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #23,238 of 48,578
All leathers, fake or real bother me. From synthetic, protein, lambskin, or regular leather. Its cloth/velour or nothing at all.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #23,239 of 48,578
That's a pity, you would've really really liked it. Great soundstage, very detailed, very low distortion, fast hard hitting bass that goes very low, euphonic presentation.

To hyperbole: it's simply magical. I think you can relate as you loved the D7000 through and through (upon which the TH-900 improves greatly)

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #23,242 of 48,578

The Musicstreamer II+ is considered a better sounding DAC than the HRT Microstreamer, plus I got the Musicstreamer II+ for cheap. It has nothing to do about loudness, it's about quality.

I have heard one of the music streamers..it was a red one in a club, a dj was using it with a korg thingy that had 16 bit sound and put it through the dac then through the club sound system and it sounded much better! you have the grey one not the red one that's supposed to be even better than the red one!

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #23,243 of 48,578
K712 Pro. No headband bumps, and memory foam pads which don't add the same kind of pressure to the jaw. That is your best bet. Note, that almost every over ear headphone will induce some pressure to the jaw. Not many that I have found where it isn't a little uncofmortable, except the K712 Pro/Annie, MA900, and the Slyr (as far as the most recent ones) which has stupid soft velours. Your other bet is something on ear, which gets rid of jaw discomfort for pinched ears. YMMV.

Just received the K712 and wow the comfort is supreme compared to the Q701 imo, I'd like to thank you for recommending them to me, Sound great, Aswell as looking stunning.

Edit: Worth the premium I paid also, Just for the comfort alone.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #23,244 of 48,578

Just received the K712 and wow the comfort is supreme compared to the Q701 imo, I'd like to thank you for recommending them to me, Sound great, Aswell as looking stunning.

Do you still have the Q701 to compare the sound of the two?

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #23,247 of 48,578

Now I can't wait until I get mine! Comfort is BY FAR a huge priority with my headphones. Gotta wait till ~Saturday to try mine out. Did you order them from Razordog or Amazon?

Apr 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #23,249 of 48,578
All leathers, fake or real bother me. From synthetic, protein, lambskin, or regular leather. Its cloth/velour or nothing at all.

What about the Alpha pads?

Edit: NM, you included lambskin. Guess it really is no leather for you at all lol.

You really should look into a full size Momentum with 1540 pads. Those alcantaras have the same effect on sound as pleathers, so the differences should be minimal on the momentum once switching.

Apr 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #23,250 of 48,578
  So after seeing $400 being drained from my bank account... I'm getting what I'm calling buyers doubt (not quite buyers remorse) already. The headphones haven't even been shipped yet! 
blink.gif

My question is, are these K712 Pros REALLY a good investment? This is a lot of money (at least in my books) for a pair of headphones and I have no clue what to expect. WIll the K712s be the end of my search for the ultimate cans? Will they last a long time and be well worth the money? 

I apologize if this seems like a really dumb set of questions. I'm on the fence about canceling my order and need the reassurance 
tongue.gif

For me personally, yes to both of those questions. I love the sound and comfort of my Annies. I paid a similar amount for mine and know I won't be finding anything noticeably better (for an all around can IMO) without stepping into summit-fi territory.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back