Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #22,698 of 48,566
  Does any one know if the astro mix amp works with the mic on the audio technica ath adg1?

'Of all the things I've read about the mixamp, one thing I've never read is that there are some mics that don't work with it...

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #22,700 of 48,566
'Of all the things I've read about the mixamp, one thing I've never read is that there are some mics that don't work with it...

^this

Even a standard in-line mic cable that comes with most portables will work with it...

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #22,701 of 48,566
I've used multiple in-line mics from other headphones with my MixAmps over the past few years and haven't come across one that doesn't work yet. I had the First gen Mixamp and now have the MixAmp Pro. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #22,702 of 48,566

So would it work with the xbox one over optical..so it would be using the ath adg1 and mix amp for chat and not the xbox one controller?

That's a function of the Xbox, not the Mixamp.  You still need the cable going into your controller no matter which DSP you use.  I can't speak as to how it needs to be setup specifically, since I have never used a Mixamp.  But I suspect there's plenty of stuff on their website.

Apr 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #22,705 of 48,566
The XBA-H3 is now only $254 at Amazon! Ya'll better jump on these!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBAH3-Hybrid-Driver-Headphones/dp/B00FJISZ28

The only IEMs I've actually liked for gaming...

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #22,706 of 48,566
  The XBA-H3 is now only $254 at Amazon! Ya'll better jump on these!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBAH3-Hybrid-Driver-Headphones/dp/B00FJISZ28

The only IEMs I've actually liked for gaming...

Good lord, earbuds for $250?  Clearly I'm out of the loop as my preconceived notions are that there's no way you can get the sound of a 50mm driver out of teeny little in-ear drivers.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #22,707 of 48,566
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I've had numerous IEMs that sound better than some full sized headphones!

All I can say is just stay away from IEMs. Save your wallet, and stay away...

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #22,708 of 48,566

Good lord, earbuds for $250?  Clearly I'm out of the loop as my preconceived notions are that there's no way you can get the sound of a 50mm driver out of teeny little in-ear drivers.

You would really be surprised. When I had my Westone 4r, the separation is so good because there are different drivers for different parts of the spectrum, and because of that everything can be so much more precise. I only don't have IEMs because I'd rather have headphones on my head and get the proper sound immediately rather than finding the seal before I listen. That annoys me.

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #22,709 of 48,566
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I've had numerous IEMs that sound better than some full sized headphones!

All I can say is just stay away from IEMs. Save your wallet, and stay away...

You would really be surprised. When I had my Westone 4r, the separation is so good because there are different drivers for different parts of the spectrum, and because of that everything can be so much more precise. I only don't have IEMs because I'd rather have headphones on my head and get the proper sound immediately rather than finding the seal before I listen. That annoys me.

Yup! That was one of them! 
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #22,710 of 48,566
Alrighty. So after looking on Amazon (.com) at the Fidelio X1, I saw that I can get them for right around $275 after shipping and customs to Canada. I definitely would prefer these in terms of convenience as I wouldn't have to get a mic like the modmic or a clip on mic and instead I can just order up the Boom Pro for another $30. I'm just not so sure about how much of a competitive edge I will get over the Astros and how much worse these are than the Q701 for competitive use. Can anyone tell me if the Pro setting on the Astro Mixamp will make the X1 a lot more like the Q701? Should I go with the Q701 with the modmic (or even one of Zombie_X's adapters and the Boom Pro) or should I go with the Fidelio X1 as a more all around music/gaming/movie headphone along with the Boom Pro?

Also, do the V-moda cables that come with the M-80s (the standard audio cables) work well with the X1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back