Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,291 of 1,852
Quote:

Don't forget the awful ergonomics (the stock tips are unusable and even then, there's no guarantee the things will even fit in your ear).

They sound pretty great with EQ if you're surgical about it and know what you're doing. However, the fit and finish is pretty bad.

Quote:
It's also incredibly ugly.

I was almost so sure I would get hate mail for not liking the MP8320, but glad you guys also came and agree.

Yep I agree, they do sound 'fine' with EQ but the problem is the fatigue it gives me.

May 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #1,292 of 1,852
CAL's. Just didn't like them. Heard all the hype and that they were solid little cans and with fantastic bass... Nope! couldn't be further from the truth. Bass was weak, sound was ok at best, and overall was very disappointed. Not a fan 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #1,293 of 1,852
Spending $285 on a fake pair of ATH-ESW10 Japan.
They don't even sound as good as a pair of real ATH-ESW9! :mad:

May 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,294 of 1,852
Sennheiser HD555. They always sounded to dull for me, like no clarity at all. Doesn't matter which source I use. But I keept them. I thaught at that time, that it's probably just me and the phones are actually better cause they are Sennheisers. They didn't get that much use over these years.

May 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #1,295 of 1,852
I hated the Sony XB700's (sounded like mids were being played through mud) and Hifiman RE0 (sounded good, but the fit was absolutely horrible.)

May 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #1,296 of 1,852
T-Peos H-100 hybrid. Actually, I don't regret buying it. It served its purpose well.

Hifiman HE-500. I almost bought this, but lucked up and got a week's loaner. I regret spending shipping back and forth, though I appreciate the opportunity to hear them.

May 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,297 of 1,852
AKG K167. Awful, awful headphones.

May 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #1,298 of 1,852
HD558, because i should have saved up a little more head straight to the HD598

May 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,299 of 1,852

What about them did you dislike?

For being where they're priced and being closed, they were quite nice sounding in my opinion. It's everything ELSE about them that sucks. Build quality is atrocious, and they're ugly and unwieldy and bulky to boot.

May 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #1,300 of 1,852
Quote:

What about them did you dislike?

For being where they're priced and being closed, they were quite nice sounding in my opinion. It's everything ELSE about them that sucks. Build quality is atrocious, and they're ugly and unwieldy and bulky to boot.

The sound just wasn't too my liking. From what I can remember(I'm SUPER sensitive to this, and I hate it) the bass leaked into other frequencies and covered up other frequencies. Also, very uncomfortable.

May 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #1,301 of 1,852
Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE.

Great build quality, durability and comfort.

They were the first headphones to make me 
frown.gif
 when I started playing music through them.

An exceedingly monitor-ish sound with closed headphone honkiness, detached low end response, annoying treble, and bass quantity that fell well short of the reputation of its 770 brethren.

I would hardly pay $100 for it. The A900X is a MUCH better headphone for much less money.

May 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #1,302 of 1,852
Sennheiser HD 380 PRO. Period. The dullest headphone on the planet. Sounded like the drivers were depressed, honestly lol. Slow unengaging bass, laid back mids with no texture and very veiled highs. Had to get rid of them. I don't know if it was because of the lack of an amp, but what I heard did not impress me.

May 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,303 of 1,852
Got a pair of Bower & Wilkins from Ebay. Left earphone was out of phase. Could not send it back to dealer because I had no offical invoice. Fortunately, got a refund but I don´t plan on gettng a new pair of C5 again.

May 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #1,304 of 1,852
The Bose IE2 was my first step into higher-end audio. They're actually not that bad, with a super-comfortable design and decent build quality. The sound isn't that bad either, although it wasn't quite worth the $95 I paid for it.

What really irritated me, though, was the complete lack of noise isolation. While it is important to hear the world around you, the IE2 allowed me to hear everything, even with the music on. It was nearly impossible to enjoy my music. Whether I'm riding in a noisy train or walking along a traffic-heavy street, they were nearly unusable in most public places, which kinda defeated the purpose of their portability. 

I'm not sure if this counts as buying, but before I considered upgrading from stock earbuds, I spent a few bucks to win a pair of earbuds at an arcade in the middle of a two-week vacation. Even then as a non-audiophile, my ears could tell they sounded extremely muddy, and even worse than my last pair of stock earbuds. And before I even got home from said vacation, one of the earphones shorted out.       

Users who are viewing this thread

Back