Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jun 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #1,081 of 1,852
I  regretted and enjoyed every of my headphone to a certain point. I  try to appreciate the strong points of each them.
I  was quite happy with my srh940 until I  realized their built quality sucks. Cracks. And I  got to mod them.
The hd800 are too expensive to  be appreciated with peace of mind, and I  don't have the optimal setup (according to some).
The hd595 were boring , but I  liked how they were relaxing. Cracks , and damaged pads.
The hd25 II  , sub-par sound, and not so great comfort. Great for isolation, when you don't want iem.
The senn IE7  are almost perfect, except the treble.
The pmx 680 have great bass, but otherwise everything else is below the cheaper ksc75. Great comfort for sport.
My k317 broke, loved them.
I'll receive soon my next iem, I  already know I  might have some regrets.

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #1,082 of 1,852
Quote:
I don't regret AH-D7000,
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol you're a joker

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #1,083 of 1,852
Quote:
I  regretted and enjoyed every of my headphone to a certain point. I  try to appreciate the strong points of each them.
I  was quite happy with my srh940 until I  realized their built quality sucks. Cracks. And I  got to mod them.
The hd800 are too expensive to  be appreciated with peace of mind, and I  don't have the optimal setup (according to some).
The hd595 were boring , but I  liked how they were relaxing. Cracks , and damaged pads.
The hd25 II  , sub-par sound, and not so great comfort. Great for isolation, when you don't want iem.
The senn IE7  are almost perfect, except the treble.
The pmx 680 have great bass, but otherwise everything else is below the cheaper ksc75. Great comfort for sport.
My k317 broke, loved them.
I'll receive soon my next iem, I  already know I  might have some regrets.

Seems like you have anti sennheiser ears lol

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #1,084 of 1,852
Quote:
Audio-technica M-50's.

Had a pair around a month ago, used them for a month far past the burn in. They simply were not comfortable, the treble ceiling was so low. In trance it always sounded like those bright pads were getting cut off. Comparing head to head of my A700 to M50 with my rig, the a700 simply sounded better, both equalized and unequalized. Not to mention how much more comfortable they were.

Sold them and used the money to fund a Motorola Xoom. 

Still love my A700's and my new aviators which are surprisingly fantastic!

"and once again i tell you dont fall for the ath-m50 hype" 

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,086 of 1,852
Able Planet Clear Harmony NCH1000. Terrible build, extremely flimsy. The right part of the headband broke off where it attaches to the moving extension from the earcup (sorry, I don't know the technical terms for these parts). I sent it in and got a replacement under warranty. It broke off at the exact same location. The replacement they sent was a used set of headphones as well. There were cracks in them even when I got them and I sent an email to the person who had taken care of my warranty claim. She never again responded. It was also the most uncomfortable pair of headphones ever. My wife has a smaller head than me and she found it unbearably tight too. I guess that is why both pairs broke. I'm currently using Sennheiser HD 598s and they are SUPER COMFORTABLE, no clamping at all on my head. So I really don't have a huge head by any standards as I've heard people complain about the clamping force of the HD 598s. Now, they have huge heads for sure! 

Terrible waste of $70 (I had used a groupon to buy it, will never again use a groupon just because it makes something cheap.. will ensure that its a high quality item before spending money). 

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #1,087 of 1,852
Jun 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #1,088 of 1,852
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #1,089 of 1,852
k1000 + sac k1000 - wasted a ton of money for the combo
he5le - making an amp for it is more expensive than the headphone itself (to get my preferred sound sig)
hd650 - never get to finish doing a balanced setup and stop from there because of the he5le

in the end--- im already settled with mid-fi

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,090 of 1,852
Shure SHR750DJ. I couldn't even sell them for 50% of their purchase price. It was a horrible experience. Firstly they arrived broken then being let down with their SQ. Couldn't even move them on to anyone.

And Monster Miles Davis Tributes. Let's say I found them rather 'ordinary' "All dressed up with no where to go" style. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #1,092 of 1,852
My worst purchase is definitely the Shure E210...sure it's not full sized, but before that purchase I always had hopes for decent IEM sound. Nope, did not like it at all...
For full sized cans, I regret slightly about HD595, because with even a low end amp, my old HD580 sounds better.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #1,093 of 1,852
Quote:
Shure SHR750DJ. I couldn't even sell them for 50% of their purchase price. It was a horrible experience. Firstly they arrived broken then being let down with their SQ. Couldn't even move them on to anyone.

And Monster Miles Davis Tributes. Let's say I found them rather 'ordinary' "All dressed up with no where to go" style. 
rolleyes.gif

I kinda like srh750dj soundwise.. they are pretty nice all rounder headphone, but I got it for around $100 not the retail price.. I dont know if they worth 150-160 dollars the retail price though. I do hate it for the build quality, and comfort cause my head can't even fit properly, its too small..

so for me it was:
1. Ultrasone HFI680: not that I hate it whatsoever, but I don't like the overall character of it.. sound was very clear and detailed, not very resolving, mid is very transparent, and bass is of high quality, but the flatness and neutrality at the lower mids makes it less engaging and somehow detach you from the music..

2. Alessandro MS1i jaben woody mod: bright as the sun in the summer day on Africa... shrilling and harsh. sounded kinda thin because of the GS pad... still holding on to it hoping that punching holes on the driver vents will fix the problem, but I can't seem to find a way to open the wood housing lol.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #1,094 of 1,852
Quote:
Quote:
Sennheiser HD-650

Really?! How come?

Just my taste. I just can't get into the sound. The warmness of the sound is just too much for me.
When I listen to music on the HD-650 it just turns into background noise and I forget I am listening to music. I like to concentrate on certain sounds while listening to a song.

Quote:
1. Ultrasone HFI680: not that I hate it whatsoever, but I don't like the overall character of it.. sound was very clear and detailed, not very resolving, mid is very transparent, and bass is of high quality, but the flatness and neutrality at the lower mids makes it less engaging and somehow detach you from the music..

The flatness of the lower mids is something that I like about the HFI-680s, but to me the bass was a tad too much on them. What I really don't like about the HFI-680 is the 'S-Logic' sound. It makes it very difficult to hear certain sound effects in the background where on the HD-280s the sound effects are there in plain sight.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,095 of 1,852
of all the Headphones i've purchased happily one of which i wasnt happy in deciding to get (it was a peer pressure buy.. stupid motivation)

was a pair of Skullcandy Uprock Blue. even my first headphone purchase which was a Sony MDR ZX100 sounded clearer and less muddy as the Skullcandies.
the only upside was that the Skullcandies were comfy, looked cool to other classmates, and sounded BAD, muddy bad.

if i was really hyped and impulsed to buy, that would be my Portapros! other people may think they are cheap and terrible sounding. Thats until they actually hear them, because they may hate the retro 80's look, when i truly love the look itself.

they mean alot to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back