Headphones you regretted buying the most
Mar 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #976 of 1,852

Quote:
Koss dj100. Just didn't like anything about it tbh. I am sensitive to head clamp and appearantly this headphone.

So, not the "budget king" for you
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #979 of 1,852
1. Fake IE8s
2. Skullcrushers

Maybe not the skullcrushers that much because they were genuine and didn't cost me the full retail price but they were still quite bad, I can't say I didn't like them at the time though and I'm still kind of fond of them as they were the first cans I ever bought. I feel pretty horrible about buying the IE8s though because they were abnormally cheap and on Ebay as well so maybe I deserved that. What sucks most though is that I thought they were real for a while and when I found out they were fake they sounded way worse than I remember, some kind of placebo effect maybe.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #981 of 1,852
I never regret any headphones bought. All audio gear I've had has been a valuable lesson in sound science. But there's a couple of headphones and other gear that I sold that I could do without.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #982 of 1,852
Was pretty disappointed with:
  1. Ultrasone Pro 900:  didn't like the sound sig at all
  2. Aiaiai TMA-1:  unrealistic expectations based on the FOTM frenzy, thought the sq was weak at the price, and uncomfortable
  3. Denon D2000:  unrealistic expectations based on the FOTM frenzy, and lots of sounds leaking in and out... might as well be an open hp
  4. Shure E4c:  my first IEM, uncomfortable, no bass at all

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #983 of 1,852
Sennheiser HD 205's, bought them from HMV because I had got a voucher as a present. They broke as soon as I got home before I could even try them out.

Skullcandy Hesh, they were alright but just a waste because I used them once and never used them again.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #985 of 1,852
Alessandro MS1i.  Such a bad, bad sound to my ears and preferences.  Even though it was a modified Grado, I will still never buy a Grado product because of this.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #986 of 1,852
K702. Seriously felt like punching myself in the face when i tried em the first time.
Until:
Silly break in period with m-stage, then dozen of hours tweaking an eq curve...
NFB-3.. lots more tweaking
Then C-2.2. Now every second is just heaven. 

I can see why people hate these thing.. I really can.  They take stupendous amounts of dedication.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #987 of 1,852
W5000.  Couldn't get them to fit on my small head and any kind of seal, even with elastic bands.  Won't be buying another AT with the same wing system again....

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #989 of 1,852

Quote:
Sennheiser HD 205's, bought them from HMV because I had got a voucher as a present. They broke as soon as I got home before I could even try them out.

Skullcandy Hesh, they were alright but just a waste because I used them once and never used them again.

well that's just unlucky, sorry mate.
Now to something completely different:

You own a Roland RH-300... there are hardly any reviews around but there is an FR-graph which is quite flat. Could you please summarize your experience with these headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back