Headphones you regretted buying the most
Dec 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #826 of 1,852

Quote:
I like neutral cans and prefer an "okay" bass - neither light or heavy. Well even for me, it lacked something on the low end. I can't imagine how disappointed bass lovers would be. 
redface.gif

Agreed. Although I can be a bass head when I want to be. For me, headphones need to have low end surge to succeed in bass. And low end surge doesn't mean just going bump bump, it means being rumbly and thunderous.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #827 of 1,852

Quote:
I like neutral cans and prefer an "okay" bass - neither light or heavy. Well even for me, it lacked something on the low end. I can't imagine how disappointed bass lovers would be. 
redface.gif

I like to have a good high and mids and also a good deep low. so..i got the HFI 580's :) Highs and mids aren't as good as SRH 440.. but in an A/B comparisson, they are good enough

Agreed. Although I can be a bass head when I want to be. For me, headphones need to have low end surge to succeed in bass. And low end surge doesn't mean just going bump bump, it means being rumbly and thunderous.

I know. listening to AudioStax and my Ultrasone Demo CD.....was amazing. especailly the fireworks and wave demo parts. absolutley thunderous.!!!

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #828 of 1,852
SE535. Like listening to the unmodded T50RP or Auratone monitors. All mids. I despise mids! :wink:

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #829 of 1,852

Quote:
SE535. Like listening to the unmodded T50RP or Auratone monitors. All mids. I despise mids! :wink:

You should have read some of the reviews! Anyway, what are you looking for in an IEM?

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #830 of 1,852
1a. AD700, they are sure nice and probably the most comfy, but they just didn't really serve any purpose. 1b.SR60 but i couldn't find anyone to buy them, so i'm keeping and modding them in the future.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #831 of 1,852

Quote:
1a. AD700, they are sure nice and probably the most comfy, but they just didn't really serve any purpose. 1b.SR60 but i couldn't find anyone to buy them, so i'm keeping and modding them in the future.

That's exactly what I am doing! Good choice my friend!

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #832 of 1,852
BY FAR!!!!

Audio Technica's ATHM50s. 

I already had purchased sennheiser hd600, akg q701, and denon ah-d2000 just a week or so before trying to buy a audio technica athm50s because of the raving reviews people are giving it everywhere online.

What a huge mistake....this headphone is cheapy plastic, not comfortable, and nowhere near a Denon ah-d2000, which is basically what it tries to be (same high bass high uppers)....only difference is the denon does it very welll...while the M50s are all muddy, unclear, undignified, and not worthy of all their praise in my opinion.

Why buy a 160 dollar M50 audio technica....when for 170 you got yourself a beyerdynamic DT770? I just dont get it.

I have the audio tech M50 S right in front of me right now and i cant figure out anything that makes it good or special in any way. Can anyone help me out here? im about to return them and get a 990 600 ohm beyer.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #833 of 1,852
Well, I bought some sort of Beats in ears when my Shure IEMs broke. Luckily, I bought them at an Apple store. Used them for 10 minutes. Returned. Now it's Etymotic for all my IEM needs. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #834 of 1,852
My Sony IEMs I don't even remember the model.  They're upstairs cast aside in a drawer never to be used again.  They were around $130 when I bought them a few years back and were never very good.  I hated the low bass and they never stayed in my ears no matter what.  There was a lot of force from the sides which were way too big and the noise canceling brick on the cord.  Also there was no way to adjust the ear lengths and they were lopsided.  This July they broke despite the fact that I had barely used them.  I was on a flight to Russia and the right side driver died completely.  What an awful long flight ;_;

I took them so I could easily tuck them away for the flight, should've brought something better.  Bought AKG k540s (rarely seen in my experience) for the flight back and they might be bulky but at least it was a fun and enjoyable flight back audio-wise.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #835 of 1,852

Quote:
My Sony IEMs I don't even remember the model.  They're upstairs cast aside in a drawer never to be used again.  They were around $130 when I bought them a few years back and were never very good.  I hated the low bass and they never stayed in my ears no matter what.  There was a lot of force from the sides which were way too big and the noise canceling brick on the cord.  Also there was no way to adjust the ear lengths and they were lopsided.  This July they broke despite the fact that I had barely used them.  I was on a flight to Russia and the right side driver died completely.  What an awful long flight ;_;

I took them so I could easily tuck them away for the flight, should've brought something better.  Bought AKG k540s (rarely seen in my experience) for the flight back and they might be bulky but at least it was a fun and enjoyable flight back audio-wise.

I'm thinking about getting some SE215's....i hope they don't dissapoint like sony's do.. i haven't gotten back intot he earphone game bc they break so easily...like what happened to you >_<

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #836 of 1,852

Quote:
BY FAR!!!!

Audio Technica's ATHM50s. 

I already had purchased sennheiser hd600, akg q701, and denon ah-d2000 just a week or so before trying to buy a audio technica athm50s because of the raving reviews people are giving it everywhere online.

What a huge mistake....this headphone is cheapy plastic, not comfortable, and nowhere near a Denon ah-d2000, which is basically what it tries to be (same high bass high uppers)....only difference is the denon does it very welll...while the M50s are all muddy, unclear, undignified, and not worthy of all their praise in my opinion.

Why buy a 160 dollar M50 audio technica....when for 170 you got yourself a beyerdynamic DT770? I just dont get it.

I have the audio tech M50 S right in front of me right now and i cant figure out anything that makes it good or special in any way. Can anyone help me out here? im about to return them and get a 990 600 ohm beyer.

I think most of the praise came from the time when they were sold for about $100.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #838 of 1,852
Regretted my UE triple fi 10s.  My first good portable audio I've bought and now just waiting till my 30 days is up in the forum to post and sell them.  I spent about 3 hours poking and prodding them into my ears and just can't get them to seal worth anything.  Even bought the Comply tips in anticipation of this.  What irritates me even more is I know they can sound amazing.  Got them to seal for about 20 minutes and loved it, but then lost it when my wife needed to talk to me about something.  Couldn't get the seal again.  Just too frustrating to use.
Just received a Senn HD25-1-ii which I'm loving for the sound, and not going back to IEMs again.  Still can't figure out how to make them more portable for travel though as I read that people wear them around the neck, but either I have a neck like a gorilla or I'm missing something.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #839 of 1,852
there's two i really regret buying.  in order:

1- Klipsch Image ONE:  totally my bad.  i didn't know what i was doing and bought them purely on looks.  these are one of the most horrible sounding hp's i have ever tried.'

2- Grado RS2i:  bought them to see what all the fuss was about with the Grado "sound" and boy did i find out.  all i can say is "not my speed".

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #840 of 1,852
lol i have to laugh cause i just saw this thread and wanted to write how i regret buying the Klipsch Image ONE and the last post is regretting it to. I got em cause i love their speakers. thought maybe they will be kick ass HP but that wasnt the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back