Headphones you regretted buying the most
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #721 of 1,852
none. 
darthsmile.gif
 ive thought about trimming my collection but i just couldnt. plus most of em are discontinued lol

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #723 of 1,852

Quote:
Audio Technica AD2000

I can understand not liking them, but out of all the headphones, these sound absolutely awful to you?  How?  Why?  Where?

Imaging all smeared all over the place, no bass, all treble, just couldn't get them at all. Tried with several amps - Lehmann BCL, Earmax Pro, Little Dot IVse. 

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #724 of 1,852
The Grado 325is was disappointing to me. As was the Grado SR-80i Magnum Lite v1. The Senn HD650 was far from my favorite The HiFiMAN RE2 wasn't a good IEM. I really disliked the Koss PortaPro. But I don't regret owning them.

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #726 of 1,852
ATH-M50s, yes the overly famous headphones

They sounded decent, but I upgraded to DT990s in 2 months
Killed it, ATH-M50s have not been touched in 7 weeks

The pads...... Cracked too easily even with care

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #727 of 1,852
Grado GS1000's.  Expensive.  Very amateurish build quality. Peaky treble, boomy bass.  If I wanted sound like this, I'd use tone controls or the "LOUDNESS" button.....  
wink_face.gif

Sold 'em.

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #728 of 1,852
Quote:
Grado GS1000's.  Expensive.  Very amateurish build quality. Peaky treble, boomy bass.  If I wanted sound like this, I'd use tone controls or the "LOUDNESS" button.....  
wink_face.gif

Sold 'em.

Hahhahaa, I agreed with everything you said, yet I do love their "boomy" bass very much (actualy I think the bass is very detailed and deep). That's not their only saving grace, others include very comfortable and very high resolution. I can't sell them until I find another headphone with such bass qualities.

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #729 of 1,852
Grado SR60 by a mile.

Terrible build quality. 
Annoying cable.
Sandpaper pads.
Harsh sound signature with close to zero soundstage.

Knew straight away Grado wasn't for me.

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #730 of 1,852

Quote:
Grado SR60 by a mile.

Terrible build quality. 
Annoying cable.
Sandpaper pads.
Harsh sound signature with close to zero soundstage.

Knew straight away Grado wasn't for me.

Maybe it was your source? 

The lowest Grado model I've heard is the SR80; didn't get a chance to listen to the SR60. I totally agree with you on the old bowl pads and the cable can be annoying, yes.. but soundstage? Grado is notorious for having a very large sound stage. I've noticed it collapses when you go from lossless to compressed. I've only heard a few compressed audio files on my Grados that still maintain a huge sound stage.. the rest are flat and 2D. 

Also I still regret to this day buying a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJs and Bose Triports. The MDR 7506/V6 (same driver in both I think) are miles ahead. Though the MDR-V700DJs look sexy.

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #732 of 1,852
UE700, definitely, good at louder volume, when you turn down the volume, all that's left is only treble, very thin and annoying. 
On top of that, it has very low resale value, not popular at all this IEM.  Ok, one good thing is it is light and very comfortable.

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #734 of 1,852

Quote:

Maybe it was your source? 

The lowest Grado model I've heard is the SR80; didn't get a chance to listen to the SR60. I totally agree with you on the old bowl pads and the cable can be annoying, yes.. but soundstage? Grado is notorious for having a very large sound stage.

Not for sr60's at least, it was miserably small. Compared to many other brand open model, grado soundstage is almost non existence imo ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back