Headphones you regretted buying the most
Aug 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #736 of 1,852
I’ve had pretty good experiences recently and don’t regret any of the cans I’ve bought - even if I ended up selling them afterward, it as an educational experience.

but there is one exception.

the awful, awful V-Moda Vibe Duo earphones. I got these around 4 years ago. they are terrible. bloated, disgusting bass, no upper end detail and an uncomfortable fit in my ear. At least they were only 60 bucks.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #737 of 1,852
I just bought these $2.00 maxell earphones these things are straight garbage HAHAHA i guess you get what you pay for 
angry_face.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #739 of 1,852
For $2.00 it's a wonder they can even make a headphone and profit anything. 

I once bought a piano on ebay as a teenager for $2000.  I worked all summer to afford it.  It was a baby grand.  When I got it, I soon realized I was ripped off, it was the worst piano I ever played and while it looked beautiful, nothing was going to make this piano playable.  When shopping around for a buyer to take it off my hands, I found a used piano company who came over to evaluate it.  When they saw what it was (a post 1930 Kranich and Bach) they offered to take it off my hands for 500 dollars.....except that I was supposed to pay them 500 dollars for moving fees, not them pay me.

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #740 of 1,852
I remember buying one of those $2.00 Maxell Earclip headphones. Don't ask me why I did it. I found that that out of any device or even my Asgard I had to max out the volume to get ANY sort of volume. What the heck? Obviously it had to be a bad pair. I don't even know how this is possible!

The funny part out of all this is that at the local Wal-Mart they had like hundreds and hundreds of Maxell headphones but every one was falling out of it's box. Maxell couldn't even get the packaging right!

If you want decent super cheap headphones, the Koss $5 headphones aren't THAT bad. I tried some once and somehow I actually wasn't too disgusted. Kind of tinny sounding, but nothing too horrible. Worth the $5
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #741 of 1,852

Quote:
I remember buying one of those $2.00 Maxell Earclip headphones. Don't ask me why I did it. I found that that out of any device or even my Asgard I had to max out the volume to get ANY sort of volume. What the heck? Obviously it had to be a bad pair. I don't even know how this is possible!

The funny part out of all this is that at the local Wal-Mart they had like hundreds and hundreds of Maxell headphones but every one was falling out of it's box. Maxell couldn't even get the packaging right!

If you want decent super cheap headphones, the Koss $5 headphones aren't THAT bad. I tried some once and somehow I actually wasn't too disgusted. Kind of tinny sounding, but nothing too horrible. Worth the $5
biggrin.gif

I just modded some Koss IEM's, $15 into
M-50 clone to say. Problem is, is that I had to pair expensive Foamies on to them.

To Op's:

Koss Portapros

Yes I still use them
Yes I enjoy them, I just don't see the quality in them.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #743 of 1,852
ANY Maxell headphone.  I bought a Maxell noise canceling headphone once that cancelled about .000001 dB of noise and added tons of hiss.  Plus it broke after a couple days.  Awesome

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #744 of 1,852

Sennheiser HD201, HD515 and wireless model RS100.

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #746 of 1,852

Quote:
I understand the Senn hd201 my brother owned them, he hated them and he is in no way a headfier, I tried them once and I DO NOT want to try them again

They're pretty bad aren't they? 
tongue.gif

$50 Australian dollars out here, still the most popular headphone you'll see on the street - not sure where the real
 upgrade is from basic i-buds or airline throw-away on ear headphones!

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #747 of 1,852
They are about $15 US.  IDK, for the extra $5 here you can get the HD202.

Quote:
tongue.gif

$50 Australian dollars out here, still the most popular headphone you'll see on the street - not sure where the real
 upgrade is from basic i-buds or airline throw-away on ear headphones!

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #748 of 1,852

Quote:
tongue.gif

upgrade is from basic i-buds or airline throw-away on ear headphones

overpriced piece of **** (it's the same price for them here in Norway). I rather listen to my wife whine.
beyersmile.png

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #749 of 1,852
beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohms. (love the sound...but good lord non stop issues)

on my third pair in 3 months and got a damn hair fused with the driver in these.

it seems every month i have a problem with them and get warranty replacements. sigh...sick of dealing with them, especially since i baby them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back