Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 11, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #601 of 1,852
sennheiser EH-150

terrible terrible terrible comfort.

the cheap leather ear pads don't even properly fit on a normal ear, your ears start burning after 1 hour or so. It was the worst $40 i have ever spend.

It's so ******** that people give rave about their comfort being top notch.

I was really ready to settle for these and not get into the 'hi-fi audio world' , but the comfort was absolutely garbage.

I'm glad i stepped it up and went with the beyerdynamic cans, i don't think i can ever trust Sennheiser again
frown.gif

I have the hd203 (the 2nd generation eh-150) and they are my absolute favorite pair of cans and, equally, the most uncomfortable I have ever owned. The clamping pressure is ridiculous. What I love about them is that they will sound enjoyable from virtually any source, with no equalization. They're not my "best sounding" pair, but they're all-purpose.

May 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #602 of 1,852
I regret buying the Sleek CT20!!

I already had a vendetta against custom molds but I couldn't pass these up.  When I got them they were HUGE! And they didn't fit my ears well and even with the 3% head-fi discount I still lost nearly 8 grand!!!!!!!!  I haven't been able to get a good fit and the 3rd party refitters don't deal with this many drivers.

Damn!!!!

May 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #604 of 1,852
Denon D2000. The ugliest sounding and most boring headphones and the worst quality control I've ever seen. The silver paint peeled off on removing the tapes!! I was very happy getting rid of them in a week.

May 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #608 of 1,852

Quote:
Are you using the Q-Home-Fx, or one of their USB models? The Q-Home-FX is pretty cool.. true 5.1 surround via optical input

I had the older USB model; I had this years ago.

Quote:
Meelec M9P, while the mic is decent the left/right balance was off. Midrange is so recessed that I have to listen to it on half volume on iPod touch 4. Too v-shaped.

I did that MEE deal and got the M9; and I was pretty disappointed considering all the rave reviews.

May 12, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #609 of 1,852
Senn HD 25-1 IIs. These were my first real headphones. I hate them for a few reasons...

1. They started me on my quest for better audio quality which means my wallet has been empty since, and it also means I can never go back to my sweet ignorance.

2. I hate them because as much as I loved the sound, I couldn't keep them. The comfort was unbearable for me. I'd put them on and was wowed by the sound, and I couldn't wear them for more than 20 minutes.

May 14, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #610 of 1,852
its a tie between the Shure srh750dj and the Shure srh840. being my first step into better quality audio i am extremely disappointed with the performance. i expected so much more out of them. i just can't see why anyone would enjoy these headphones. i can't go through more then one song without ripping them off my head.

May 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #613 of 1,852
Has got to be the Smeggy Thunderpants. Very expensive, hard to import, extremely underwhelming sound and shoddy build quality.
Couldn't get over the messy, congested sound. I am told I had a bad fit or may have had "leaky pants" -- which point to poor ergonomics (I don't want to have to work for my headphone fit) or poor build quality/lack of quality control.

At the price, I was expecting far more and a much better end-user experience.

I was so looking forward to these headphones but they disappointed terribly.

May 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #614 of 1,852

Quote:
Sennheiser hd 212 pro. I would try to make myself feel better about the purchase by saying to myself "but theyre sennheisers". Those were the tightest fitting, most uncomfortable headphones Ive worn in a long time. The fake leather or whatever they used on the earpads might as well have been wool they would itch so much.

The fake leather also breaks and comes off with your sweat after a while, after a year the "Pleathers" will have turned into "velour" pads.
These also had really messy, dirty treble that hurt the ears, and the bass was muddy if impactful. mids were as usual recessed and laidback and were overpowered by the bad treble and crumby bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back