Headphones you regretted buying the most
Dec 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #421 of 1,852
Sennheiser HD205. they just sound awful. i tried to like them, but never could. i should have returned them while i could have.

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #422 of 1,852
Wow, I have a pair of HD 595s (best headphone buy yet) and I used them to play FPSs...  Blindfolded.  Excellent soundstaging.

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SP Wild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah lots of 595 listed - but in all fairness they are a good headphone, very versatile indeed.

Oh without a dout they are great. Incredibly comfy, sexy, awesome soundstage. I think people list it because they made the mistake of buying it thinking it was a good musical listening headphone when it really isn't. It's soundstage for gaming and classical through a great amp is where it shines.
But overall its a great headphone, just not in terms of sound quality.

I'll tell you what though, when I used it with Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 in recent times, I never had people sneak up on me and knife me to death as often as without using them. Can easily pick up the minute pitter patter of feet very far away
biggrin.gif
Lots of people called me cheater because I heard them coming a mile away hehe, but i would just type "nah, its my headphones, they are awesome, I can literally hear your heartbeat in the game :p

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #423 of 1,852
Shure SE530. Sound signature a pinch too dark for me. Besides that, i had to send them back for repairs...twice in less than a year.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #426 of 1,852
Alessandro MS-1's. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #427 of 1,852
back when i used to think skullcandy was good i bought the gi headphones for 100$. they sounded muddy and were very distorted. they also didnt get very loud. i returned them and picked up the pioneer se m390 headphones. they sound very clear for 60$ and are much better then the overpriced skullcandies.

from this 

to this 

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #430 of 1,852
Sadly enough the hd600s.
Not enough highs for my taste

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #431 of 1,852
Every single pair of in ears I have owned has been a disappointment. The V-Moda Vibes were too dark and warm, but the first ones were pretty decent. Subsequent varieties, however, that were given to me when I returned them under warranty (as was needed with seemingly all Vibes) were worse. Shure E2cs were too big, too shrill, and had a terrible soundstage. Etymotic ER6is made all the flaws of the E2cs even worse. Coupled with "Crunchy" sounding highs and difficult insertion and removal, the ER6is would be by far one of my least favorite pairs of headphones ever if they just didn't isolate that well.

I'm looking forward to getting customs, and just hoping they won't be a disappointment.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #432 of 1,852

Quote:
Every single pair of in ears I have owned has been a disappointment. The V-Moda Vibes were too dark and warm, but the first ones were pretty decent. Subsequent varieties, however, that were given to me when I returned them under warranty (as was needed with seemingly all Vibes) were worse. Shure E2cs were too big, too shrill, and had a terrible soundstage. Etymotic ER6is made all the flaws of the E2cs even worse. Coupled with "Crunchy" sounding highs and difficult insertion and removal, the ER6is would be by far one of my least favorite pairs of headphones ever if they just didn't isolate that well.

I'm looking forward to getting customs, and just hoping they won't be a disappointment.

Got to love my avatar eh

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #433 of 1,852
Sennheiser 595, my god how boring are they ? i can't remember when i spent so little time listening to music (well except when i've been without headphones/speakers for a month). serves me right for not getting my lazy ass and asking for a demo at the store (bought it online)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back