Headphones you regretted buying the most
Aug 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #376 of 1,852

Quote:
I'm glad you guys can find the perfect headphones in Grado then. I don't know how you guys can tolerate the pain. Maybe you both have natural cushion on your ears, but for me and almost all the people I know personally, their ears become chafed so red that they can not continue wearing the headphones.

Great design? Not until there is mass masochism.

Please go back under your bridge and scaring small children Mr. Troll. There is nothing wrong with my ears and the 20 or 30 Grado fans that I know of.

Maybe you just have overly sensitive ears?
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #377 of 1,852

Quote:

So it seems you like everything about Grados, regardless of how bad some parts of Grados are. Your answer seems to be "it's that way because that would be the best design." Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct you if you're wrong?

Let me try:

So it seems you HATE everything about Grados, regardless of how GOOD some parts of Grados are. Your answer seems to be "it is that way because that would be the WORST design."

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #378 of 1,852

Quote:

Let me try:

So it seems you HATE everything about Grados, regardless of how GOOD some parts of Grados are. Your answer seems to be "it is that way because that would be the WORST design."

That's about it...."trollish logic" maybe?

Aug 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #380 of 1,852
Bose In-Ear.  I bought 'em on the recommendation of a "non-salesman" at Best Buy, opened them in the van (while my wife drove us home), heard them for thirty seconds, hated them so badly I demanded my wife pull a U-turn and take me back to Best Buy.  The only way to achieve a quicker turn-around would have been for me to have rejected them without leaving the parking lot.  Muddy, muddy, crap.

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #381 of 1,852
Ok, that is wrong. I would gladly acknowledge any good qualities about Grados. There are no headphones that have no bad qualities IMO. Grado IMO just happens to have the most. MacedonianHero would not admit any bad qualities of Grados. Anyone that has ears, nerves in the ears, skin on the ears, listens to music for half an hour or more a day would have to admit that the pads chafe. Other pads in other companies do not do that. They can make your ears sweat, but they don't take the skin off your ears. Seriously, it's not that hard to improve their pads. They can still keep it cheap and still keep the pads mainly foam. All those geniuses need to do is fix the problem where there is friction between the pads and ears.

Also, "family" brand is no excuse to ignore consumer problems. They have enough repertoire and reputation to get no pity from me for being a "family" brand.

Quote:

Let me try:

Quote:
That's about it...."trollish logic" maybe?

Labeling someone such as "troll" to try to delegitimize a person's argument is the perfect paradigm of the worst argumentative logic form.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #383 of 1,852
Hi Wind016,

I understand your dislike of Grados and that's perfectly fine. Lots of other people don't like them either and they are not subtle about it.
The difference is that they let their opinions heard and moved on.
You made your points already many times so maybe there's no need to keep repeating them?

Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Paul

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #385 of 1,852
LOL at bowel shaped!

I typically type everything that you see in an extremely short amount of time, as well, mentally tracking the text as I go along. I generally get the typos that I notice, because I remember how far back to go, and insert or type anew. The odd thing about typing this way is after a while it tends to morph into, almost a phonetic way of expression, and so often that I will butcher obvious words. I mean really obvious, and since I am typing from memory, I don't notice until after I post, which makes the edit button extremely useful, or I just won't be able to proof the entire post because I have to take focus away from the computer fo one reason or another.

To the matter of my writing, I never stated, directly, that I was the next great literary figure, but If you aren't going to take the time to read the posts then why be in the thread, and moreso, if you would have stated what you didn't like, specifically, like what was done later, instead if a gif that, I guess I don't get the reference, but the text macro is obvious, anyway, I could have simply taken that into consideration and said "hey man, didn't mean to make it difficult because of bad formatting, perhaps I could break the blocks up  into smaller sections, except, to me they don't seem very big, so until you actually said what the issue was, there was absolutely no way for me to know. I think that was my point. I spent time putting my thoughts on a subject within this thread, part of the conversation, and you threadpooped on it, so it is frustrating.

I take back any namecalling, immature remarks, and other chest thumping, as others are right, and besides, I could have just ignored you. I would never *report* anyone, and while I never suggested it, I want to make it clear that I do not think abuse reporting is a fair process, as it is not transparent, the TOS is written broad enough to allow anyone to be banned/postes deleted for, well, any reason, there is enough in there to make claim to just about anything from any post, but that is a separate subject, since, if someone tried to abuse me through text, I do not need some big brother deciding how thick my skin should be. I am not the 2nd coming of Einstein, but I am a big boy and can avert my eyes, as unlike the millions that complain to the FCC about a nipple, my brain *can* control what happens to flash across my retinas. I digress a lot.

Apologies all around, but it goes to show you how passionate this hobby can get. A lot of people think I am crazy, and not for the host of reasons I toss at them, but that I did not stop buying headphones at one pair, or even that I bought them at all! "Don't they come with your music thingy? The white ones look really cool did you break them?".

I actually did have a pair of white earbuds, though, but I gave them away to a gu at work that really wanted them bad for his ipod. I tried to explain that there were other, even buds, that "work with" the ipod...

I am actually sad I gave them away because they were part of a custom ipod shuffle given to us in the project team, and so it has the project logo screened onto the shuffle itself, and before that I had never owned any apple product. I got some free songs from itunes once, but even using a virtual machine to make sure I could sandbox that crap, the effort it was going to take to strip the DRM just so I could play my album in winamp using the *winamp* decoder, not QT, was actually going to take longer than the album was actually worth vs. my actual time. It was an hour in, no simple solution, they had patched things so you had to have an old QT version and an old itunes version, well, I was already costing my company more than the album, and that wouldn't have been fair to the company. I know apple must do all this stuff because they were the first big name to break out, and like the recent healthcare legislation, it was more of a sticking a foot in the door move. To their credit, it was enough of an opening to bring about one of the best times to be a alive and a lover of music.

I never really went out and bought bad phones when I did my research, but they were less of a hobby/lifestyle and more of "something to use" when I could not use my speakers system, or when I was at work. Since I had to focus more in an area that was going to allow no speakers system, I have come to love this hobby, perhaps even more than speakers, because it really does feel like you get something more for your dollar. I also like how there is less of a frown on the myriad of listening methods and habits that AREN'T purist. Using more of my little hardware studio setup, it's different signal paths, it's EQ, some rackable gear, some not, and some good DSP (eletri-q, headplug, ozone, just to name a few that are fun), I guess all the very hard limits that an audiophile will constrain himself with on a good speakers hifi setup, those being taken down is overwelming, but also liberating... it's fun too. A guilty pleasure.

I do not thinkk I am all too unique, because I see many people write things like this, heh.

I am resonable, so instead of gifs with an animation that my best guess has something to do with the world cup, don't ask why, just a feeling, anyway, just say what you don't like. If
I am right about the world cup reference, then it is ironic because it was a bit like some footballer thread that takes a tragic turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back