Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 8, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #256 of 1,852
My Sennheiser HD555s. They never sounded good for music, and just OK for video/cinema. Nowhere as good as the HD540 Reference IIs they tried to replace.

May 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #257 of 1,852
AD700 - Bought for gaming and quickly returned them...blah!
DT990 - Can I get some mids?
DT770 - Flabby and can I get some mids?

Does Beyer ever know this part of the frequency range exists?

May 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #259 of 1,852
Tritton Ax Pros. Almost $200 of absolute FILTH. I boxed it back up within 10 minutes.

Astro A40s as well. They are just okay, but a total waste of money when you can have sooooo much better for less. They also broke on me with very little use...

May 8, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #261 of 1,852
for me,the only headphone i regret buying is the HD650.  i tried to love them for the last 6 months or so but i just don't.  I LIKE them sometimes but that's it...there is really not a good reason for me to hold them but for some reason I always give them another chance
smile.gif

May 8, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #263 of 1,852
Creative Aurvana Live! Once I started listening more critically I started detesting the headphone. The bass definition was so 'fuzzy' I could not play all my music any more. Even though I bought it for cheap I still do not understand how people can stand such 'fuzzy' bass. I did not give it a burn in, but even after a month of use the bass was 'fuzzy' (which I blissfully ignored in the first weeks).

I am happy I do not have that headphone anymore. I actually considered throwing it away. Ever since bad bass definition, no...

May 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #264 of 1,852
Goldring DR150. These things are harsh. Can you say sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?!?! They sound good on softer, acoustic based music, but once a little grease kicks in they pierce the ears. The good reviews on these make me wonder whether mine are defective or I need to break them in for 1000 or more hours. All sarcasm aside, these things are pure garbage and they set me back $150.

May 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #266 of 1,852
Only regret would have to be the Ety ER6i although this one I sort of chalk up to being very new and not really understanding the sound that I like. I read that they had sort of minimal bass which I didn't think would be a problem for me however I guess I like bass more than I thought. I liked the detail they had and the isolation was like nothing I have ever had since however I just couldn't handle the lack of bass.

May 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #268 of 1,852
Phonak Audeo PFE and M-Audio IE40. Both suck IMO.

May 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #269 of 1,852
Not a regret, and NO disrespect to any and all who recommended it...

DT48 has been my biggest HP disappointment. Maybe it’s ‘cause I was so highly anticipating things I didn’t get.. not even close. High expectations usually lead to big let-downs (Hurt Locker anyone?), and this was mine. I REALLY wanted to like these.
basshead.gif

Cans could have been faulty. Certainly a possibility as they were so NOT how they were described by those who’s other descriptions have been pretty spot on.

shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back