Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jan 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #1,516 of 1,852
Beyerdynamic T70.  I had read some reviews.  I saw the reports that they lacked low-end.  But I saw a great deal on them, and bought them anyway.  And?  They have basically no bass response.  I don't consider myself a basshead, but if a track calls for bass slam, I want it.  Good deal or not, it was wasted money because the T70 have been sitting in its case for months, unused.  SMH, me and my penchant for jumping on good deals even when the product doesn't meet my needs.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,518 of 1,852
AKG K81DJ -torture for my ears
Grado SR80 - what is the point with this sound
Philips S750 or what it was called - iems that don´t isolate that actually make a tunnel sound so it´s worse then open headphones,. Sound awful on top of that just pointless. 

Luckily all these are quite cheap.

There is also more expensive headphones that was okay but if I hadn´t bought them I wouldn´t know what I have today thinking there is better out there.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,521 of 1,852
just pulled the trigger on a pair of HE-6... let's hope they don't end up on this list 
basshead.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #1,522 of 1,852
Hifiman he-400, after hearing the Beyer dt990 pro it just sound all flabby and hollow.

Have you given the velour pads a shot? They sound more even than the default pleather to me.

I regretted getting a pair of Skullcandy UpRock for a dollar on clearance. The sound was bad enough I wished I had used that dollar on something that would have brought me more enjoyment, like a candy bar.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #1,524 of 1,852
Have you given the velour pads a shot? They sound more even than the default pleather to me.

I regretted getting a pair of Skullcandy UpRock for a dollar on clearance. The sound was bad enough I wished I had used that dollar on something that would have brought me more enjoyment, like a candy bar.

Ugh skullcandy lol, well at least it isn't like beats where you fork over 150+ for the same crappy sound.

I havnt tried the velours yet, after I get a new set of tires I was going to order some. Because quite frankly both the dt990 pro and the DTX 910 have completely ruined the he400 for me. :beyersmile:

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,526 of 1,852
My my disapointing headphone purchase was Mad Dogs 3.2... I just couldnt be happy with their highs and they had a lot of grain, although I guess I dont truly regret it because I got a full refund, and ended up grtting CIEMs because of them....

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,528 of 1,852
I immensely regret spending money on a pair of ad700's. I generally felt they were just terrible. What's worse is within a week of buying them new I was attempting to see if I could place some padding behind the drivers and they broke. Could resolder the driver and I just the them in the trash.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,529 of 1,852
I immensely regret spending money on a pair of ad700's. I generally felt they were just terrible. What's worse is within a week of buying them new I was attempting to see if I could place some padding behind the drivers and they broke. Could resolder the driver and I just the them in the trash.

Also regret buying them, they were awful imo. The build quality and wing system/comfort especially, though this is why I love amazon. This thread is why I would never order from anywhere other than amazon, instant return no questions asked.

I also regret buying the dt990s, they had piercing treble so went back the next day.

Biggest regret ever though was buying the razer megalodon headphones at $150 like 4 years ago before I started buying real headphones.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,530 of 1,852
The obscenely overhyped JVC HA-S400 (carbon nanotube drivers) were a big disappointment.  I can't believe the size of the thread on these absolutely mediocre, boxy sounding headphones.  I tried modding them, I really wanted to like them, but alas, they were no good.  Every time I listened to anything on them was a disappointment.  Hollow mids, closed in, no detail, monotone bass.  They went loud without distortion, that was their only plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back