Grado modders go Magnum
Aug 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #1,757 of 4,994
I believed it's the Sony headband from the 7506 model.

It can be found for $20 here
http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Sony-7506-Replacement-Headband-and-Cups.html

It might require some adjustment so please confirm with people that used it before ordering.
:wink:

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,758 of 4,994
Is that place legit?... 
Quote:
It might require some adjustment so please confirm with people that used it before ordering.
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #1,759 of 4,994
Quote:
wink.gif

Simon,

That is indeed the correct headband that I've referenced and personally used on in a Grado build last year.  I purchased mine from Trew Audio at the time, too.  Their shipping runs $10 - $11, so expect the total to be about $31.00 for U.S. destinations.  However, this is still cheaper than buying a pair of SR-60s and gutting them for the low-end headband assembly.

The adjustment and movement capabilities on the Sony headband are as well as the standard Grado offering, so nobody will have to accept limitations when going with the head band.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,761 of 4,994
Thank you Wayne for the confirmation. 

I see the headband seems to have folding mechanism and wires to allow single side cable?

Quote:

Simon,

That is indeed the correct headband that I've referenced and personally used on in a Grado build last year.  I purchased mine from Trew Audio at the time, too.  Their shipping runs $10 - $11, so expect the total to be about $31.00 for U.S. destinations.  However, this is still cheaper than buying a pair of SR-60s and gutting them for the low-end headband assembly.

The adjustment and movement capabilities on the Sony headband are as well as the standard Grado offering, so nobody will have to accept limitations when going with the head band.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #1,762 of 4,994
Quote:
I bought these off thelostMIDrange right here in the forums.

My man! I could tell by arc and shape of the cups. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #1,764 of 4,994
Quote:
wink.gif

Does anyone have a good eu source for the 7506 headband and a cable for the magnums? Trew Audio wants $100 for shipping of the headband.

Aug 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,765 of 4,994
Quote:
Does anyone have a good eu source for the 7506 headband and a cable for the magnums? Trew Audio wants $100 for shipping of the headband.

I'm sure Trew Audio would only send it via USPS "Express" mail where the package could be insured and tracked.  This might be a reason for the high shipping cost.  However, I wonder what the USPS regular mail rate would be to ship it via standard air mail, which could take about 10 days to reach you?  If that's the case, a member could order the item and get it shipped to them in the U.S., then forward it to you in Sweden.

This would mean, $20 (headband) + $11.00 (shipping to U.S. Recipient) = $31.00 + shipping cost to Sweden via standard air mail.  My guess is that easily, you could get it to your destination for under a total cost of $50.00.  I think the air mail shipping rate would be minimal.  The ony risk is that a tracking number wouldn't be provided - other than the US Customs label number that the USPS provides and the item couldn't be insured - but, it's not like a $500 pair of headphones would be sent.  However, again, to reiterate, the customs number is a good tracking number as a buyer from Israel told me about the feature.  I didn't believe it, until I saw it with my own eyes.  I sold an item and shipped it via Priority International mail on a Friday.  He actually received the package on Monday - just 4 days later.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,767 of 4,994
Quote:
The cups had a light finish on them when I bought them and I refinished them with a reddish stain.

nice! I love the color of the ones you have, what stain did you use? Perhaps I'll do the same! Mine look pretty much identical to the ones in the picture that I quoted 

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,770 of 4,994
sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back