++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Sep 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #18,721 of 29,490
Quote:
Not many have heard them yet.  However, a couple of members has posted reviews:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d600

There is also a long appreciation thread on them that you can search for and check out.

Thanks... people seem to like them.

But I still fell they might be overkill and that I should get one of these instead:

1. Ultrasone PRO 750 (€ 244)
  2. Audio Technica ATH-M50 (€ 145)
  3. AKG K550 (€ 196)

As they are much more within my actual budget range.

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #18,722 of 29,490
Quote:
with a dac out from the laptop should be fine...
since your finger is like half an inch from the BUY button...
just....

H...I....T   it. 

beerchug.gif

lol okay. How does pro 900 sound unamped? How about a used Fiio E11?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #18,725 of 29,490
people say it goes overboard cause they aren't used to that much bass. i have dt 1350s . if i would someone listen to the bass of audiophile prefers they will be thats enough bass or too much bass. if i let a bass head use them they would say the bass is nonexistent. it all comes to preference

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #18,730 of 29,490
Quote:
I'm sorry, I've been guided to post here, didn't really know this was for full size headphones.

You should go to this section http://www.head-fi.org/t/625124/over-performing-over-achieving-headphones-iems-for-their-price-range-top-cost-effective-cans-iems i believe you can find your answer there
ksc75smile.gif
goodluck sir
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #18,731 of 29,490
OK, everyone, here is my situation:

Currently own:  AKG K701 + Sennheiser HD650.   Using my high-end Onkyo reciever as headphone amp (and its headphone out is very capable, it can drive even the Hifiman HE6s well).    

I alternate between the two headphones depending on what style of music I am listening to (701 for classical/acoustic/jazz/experimental, HD650 for rap, electronic, rock, basically anything bass heavy).

I am not happy with either headphone:  I mourn the lack of bass impact on the K701, but mourn the HD650's dearth of soundstage, imaging, and top-end clarity that are the K701's strengths.   

- Thusly I am in the process of determining a suitable headphone upgrade that combines the strengths of both of these headphones.  I am leaning (heavily) towards the Beyerdynamics T1.    

-Also considering the Hifiman HE500, but, from what I understand, their soundstage will not be as good as the T1.   Is this true???     

- Audeze are out of the question (can't afford the LCD3, and the LCD2 do not have the wide open soundstage that I like about the K701s.  Furthermore, I am not interested in leather earpads; I prefer velour)

-Sennheiser HD800 don't have the bass that I love about the HD650s, thus they are out of the question.   HD 700 don't seem to offer comparable bass performance either. 

-Grados are out of the question (I find them overpriced, especially their higher-end models)

-Not interested in Audio-Technica or Denon

To reiterate:   are the Beyerdynamic T1 my solution headphone - my ideal replacement for both the 701s AND the HD650s?   Or are the Hifiman 500's also a worthy alternative, despite their smaller soundstage?    I would also consider the Hifiman HE6's, but I will buying used, and I have not seen too many used HE6's for sale.   

Edit:  would it be a sin to repost this somewhere on the Summit-Fi board, since it seems that I am mainly considering Summit-fi grade headphones here?   If I do not get enough helpful responses on this thread I will repost this on that board. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #18,732 of 29,490
Quote:
Hi! I've been lurking around Head-Fi for quite some time now and today I decided to make an account to ask for your advice.

Although I really enjoy my HD 205's sound-wise, I am looking for a new pair of cans in the ~100-150€ price range because the HD 205's are getting uncomfortable after a quite short period of time.

My taste in music mainly consists of electronic music and a few of my favourite Artists are Justice, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, Pendulum, Netsky etc. but I listen to almost anything if it's good. 
I'm also using a pair of AKG K328 and a FiiO E6 + lod and I have been looking into buying AKG K242 HD's but I read that the bass is kind-of 'muddy', do you have any better suggestions for Over-ear headphones? 

Thanks in advance!

no one? 

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #18,735 of 29,490
Quote:

The low price in the Denon AH-D600 ends tomorrow so I have to decide before that. So any advice would be much appreciated. 

Taking into consideration that I will be listening mostly to Spotify on my laptop through a FiiO E10, and then question is; would it be overkill to buy the Denon (hence the sound is only as good as the source)?

Woah, that's a good price. Got me interested - name and website of the store please? 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back