Earbuds Round-Up
May 14, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #69,796 of 75,861
I use BTR3K, it's a really nice unit. Slightly longer battery life than BTR5 and still has twin DACs and LDAC support. Drives any or my IEMs just fine including, planars and sounds good. Bonus using Bluetooth is it minimizes battery drain on phone and handier to use than dongle DAC. One of the best value purchases I made. Small enough to fit in IEM case is handy too.

The new Shanling M0 pro has similar functionality but loses the button controls, which are handy when the unit is in your pocket. Tempted by that as a potential replacement when BTR3K battery fails. It also functions as a DAP and has longer battery life. :L3000:
That's funny. I just saw the btr3k on Ali for under $60 the other day. Maybe it's a sign...

Thanks for the info

May 14, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #69,797 of 75,861
I believe that Venture Electronics is #1 brand when it comes to earbuds for sound and build. My favorite is their Lite/LL lineup.
20230514_111801.jpg

May 14, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #69,798 of 75,861
I believe that Venture Electronics is #1 brand when it comes to earbuds for sound and build. My favorite is their Lite/LL lineup.
20230514_111801.jpg

FranQL's is my favorite brand. By far.

May 14, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #69,799 of 75,861
Cool! How do they sound? Did the metal material improve the sound? I heard the bass can sometimes be better than resin
Million dollar question: When are you gonna sell these to us?
They basically improve a lot of problems resin have like resonance and bass control, but I have no plans on selling these right now since I want to fine tune the shells shape more, so that it prints better and can be better with acoustics since it has a few flaws I need to flatten out!

May 15, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #69,802 of 75,861
May 16, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #69,804 of 75,861
From the descriptions of the Fiio crispy foams, I figured these should work similarly.
Foam-Ear-Pads-Covers-For-Iphone-Samsung-Earphones-Case-Universal-Filter-Sponge-Bluetooth-Buds-Replacement-Eartips.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

If foam that coarse doesn't avoid over-softening the treble, then I'm a monkey's uncle (which, as Darwin was right, is true anyway)!🙈

I have some of those. I agree that they may be the ideal solution. They don’t alter the tone much at all.

May 16, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #69,806 of 75,861
I have some of those. I agree that they may be the ideal solution. They don’t alter the tone much at all.
Yeah, I also have some of those, and you are right, I can't hear where they alter the sound much (if at all). And the good news is that they are pretty cheap, so nothing lost if your ears don't agree @Carpet. :)

May 16, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #69,807 of 75,861
From the descriptions of the Fiio crispy foams, I figured these should work similarly.
Foam-Ear-Pads-Covers-For-Iphone-Samsung-Earphones-Case-Universal-Filter-Sponge-Bluetooth-Buds-Replacement-Eartips.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

If foam that coarse doesn't avoid over-softening the treble, then I'm a monkey's uncle (which, as Darwin was right, is true anyway)!🙈

Those are the thinnest foams I've seen. Doesn't leave anything to the imagination underneath :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 16, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #69,809 of 75,861
Yeah, I also have some of those, and you are right, I can't hear where they alter the sound much (if at all). And the good news is that they are pretty cheap, so nothing lost if your ears don't agree @Carpet. :)

Already ordered, so just relying on the vagarities of cheap AliExpress shipping.
Hopefully they get combined shipping with something else! :ksc75smile:

May 16, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #69,810 of 75,861
Evening all. Looking for a bit of advice from the DIYers. It's something I've always been interested in but haven't taken the plunge. I'm pretty wet around the ears in the hobby but far enough along to have progressed from the cheaper recommendations (Yincrow X6 etc.) to more midrange (FF3, Calf) and premium offerings (VE Zen 3.0 and Asura 2.0) but am still searching for a set that I truly fall in love with (the FF3 have been the most pleasant surprise). I'm saving to pick up some RikuBuds and TGXEARs but a change in circumstances has meant my time between purchases is going to have to stretch out. For those that tinker can I check what the initial sort of outlay is likely to be? I've got a soldering iron but that's pretty much it. I'm also very much an amateur when it comes to fine electronics (I've done little more than take things apart for cleaning/maintenance) so am I trying to run before I can walk? Am I better playing about with off the shelf sets to begin with? Apologies for the long post I'm just trying to work out if I'd be throwing good money away at a time I can't really afford to. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back