Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 7, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #69,121 of 75,722
Goodness, I love earbuds! Listening to my own DIY "Lush, Clear, & Punchy 300s" (300ohm LCP in copper NSC Audio Shells) and I can't believe the sound I'm getting is from a pair of buds! 🤘😎
I am also with them while I was reading 😁 20230407_082210.jpg

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #69,122 of 75,722
I am also with them while I was reading 😁20230407_082210.jpg

If you check my Milanote card I updated it now that I have done more builds. I'm not as experienced as guys like you or @FranQL , but I have tried out quite a few drivers and shells in different builds and tunings and the 300 LCP is hands down my favorite to work with. It is really versatile with the various tunings you can get out of it and it has that smooth, but snappy/punchy quality that I love so much about LCP drivers.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #69,123 of 75,722
It's funny in this hobby that you can always make it sound better. Also the source (DAP, DAC/AMP...) has a good place in this whole equation.

Our group also made a guide to help those who can't afford to pay a small fortune for a pair of buds and we encouraged them to make their own builds.
I leave the link below once again:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...36LeS5JB7ZuFDAgJbTCm8/htmlview#gid=1015381048

@BCool I also have a question:😉
Read what I wrote above

BTW... respect @assassin10000

Oh believe me, I've made good use of that guide :wink:

Although I'm more into shell design at the moment, messing around with 3D printer is a lot quicker and cheaper than waiting for components to arrive from china haha

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #69,125 of 75,722
Have you guys tried the Jcally ep05? No one talks about them but I’m kinda dumbfounded by how good they are even after a few weeks, apparently it’s a qc lottery with the drivers but they might have the most realistic soundstage of anything I own (and I got shp9500 and edition xs), live recordings and games sound like I’m there instead of having little sound windows attached to my head I’m not sure if I’m crazy or got a golden unit or what…

I actually ended up getting the ff3 as an upgrade and with foams (which I usually hate to wear but it’s fine on them), they do sound impressive and fuller than other earbuds but they just don’t have the detail and soundstage of the ep05 which I actually bought just cause I needed an mmcx cable for something else lol.

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #69,126 of 75,722
Have you guys tried the Jcally ep05? No one talks about them but I’m kinda dumbfounded by how good they are even after a few weeks, apparently it’s a qc lottery with the drivers but they might have the most realistic soundstage of anything I own (and I got shp9500 and edition xs), live recordings and games sound like I’m there instead of having little sound windows attached to my head I’m not sure if I’m crazy or got a golden unit or what…

I actually ended up getting the ff3 as an upgrade and with foams (which I usually hate to wear but it’s fine on them), they do sound impressive and fuller than other earbuds but they just don’t have the detail and soundstage of the ep05 which I actually bought just cause I needed an mmcx cable for something else lol.

I have tried the EP05s (I still have them around somewhere), but I didn't have the same reaction to them as you. I found them to be decent for the money, but nothing particularly special or detailed with a big soundstage. My plan now is to try using the shells for a DIY build with some different driver because the shells are well made and they fit me quite well.

Rather than you having gotten a "golden unit" your ears might just have the perfect HRTF to make the EP05s your jam. Nothing wrong with that! I'm kinda jealous actually...

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #69,127 of 75,722
I have tried the EP05s (I still have them around somewhere), but I didn't have the same reaction to them as you. I found them to be decent for the money, but nothing particularly special or detailed with a big soundstage. My plan now is to try using the shells for a DIY build with some different driver because the shells are well made and they fit me quite well.

Rather than you having gotten a "golden unit" your ears might just have the perfect HRTF to make the EP05s your jam. Nothing wrong with that! I'm kinda jealous actually...
I had the same feeling with the jcally. Nothing special.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #69,128 of 75,722

Yeah maybe, I mean they’re still a bit bright and have basically no bass like most earbuds but the detail and imaging are just nuts to me, I’m comparing them to yincrow x6, monk + and ff3 which are all supposed to be good and they‘re definitely my most impressive earbud (other than ff3’s bass)

I’d open them to see which driver I got cause apparently there’s different ones you can get, but I don’t wanna risk ruining them, got them from Angelears Audio store on aliexpress for what it’s worth, I don’t think they have them on stock anymore tho…

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #69,129 of 75,722

You are not the first or even second to make that observation. There's a few of those JCally buds with a great reputation. I should really get some--even if I get a bum driver or don't like them, the shells are good enough to make it a decent purchase. Maybe I'll pick up a set when the ff1 comes out.

This post had me sniffing around on AE and I found these. Should be a poor man's Yinman's in a more comfortable shell (for a lot of people).

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #69,130 of 75,722
Yeah maybe, I mean they’re still a bit bright and have basically no bass like most earbuds but the detail and imaging are just nuts to me, I’m comparing them to yincrow x6, monk + and ff3 which are all supposed to be good and they‘re definitely my most impressive earbud (other than ff3’s bass)

I’d open them to see which driver I got cause apparently there’s different ones you can get, but I don’t wanna risk ruining them, got them from Angelears Audio store on aliexpress for what it’s worth, I don’t think they have them on stock anymore tho…

Hey, whatever works and sounds good to you. That's really all that matters. 👍

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #69,131 of 75,722
After a while I decided to pick the legendary e472 as a starter bud but one my friend told me that I should buy lp version of it(version came with stock jack is 3.5mm rather than the proprietary walkman jack) as acording to his experience they sound very differently anyone have experienced with e472 with some of it varianr can confirm this to me,thanks.

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #69,134 of 75,722
Has anyone here tried the LREY earbuds? How are their bass response? I am thinking of getting the Hera or Fuji, and recently released Cronus or Orion.

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #69,135 of 75,722

Users who are viewing this thread

Back