Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 14, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #67,801 of 75,492
I think it's still my favourite earbuds ever, although while I found the dendroaspis fatiguing at first I very much like them now too, plus they really look the par.

RW-1000 are the technically superior ones but man that brightness, it's only for short sessions for me.

Got the Calf on my way, should be more manageable apparently

ClieOs has made some planar earbuds I believe

Jan 15, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #67,803 of 75,492
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #67,805 of 75,492
I also own the FF5. I don't own the FF3 but they do not come off shouty or obnoxious to me. Probably my favorite earbud so far and I own quite a few. I am a bit of a biased basshead though. Not crazy amounts of bass but it is a lot compared to most other earbuds which seems to be a common "issue". Not much to complain about, albeit it is more expensive

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #67,806 of 75,492
I would consider earbuds like the Yincrow RW2000 to be the kind of benchmark in sound if I would term something as TOTL in the earbud world.

Generally, I would consider $100USD and above as the TOTL bracket for earbuds. But certainly price doesn't correlate with sound quality, there are some very expensive earbuds that are stinkers (eg Smabat ST20 Pro), and cheaper stuff that are very good sounding. The DIY stuff some of our esteemed DIYers here make arguably give excellent sound for low price, definitely more cost effective than some of the so called TOTL buds from the usual big name manufacturers.
I really think it's fair to ask beforehand what your tastes are. Do you like the most balanced sound possible? Are you a basshead. What kind of music do you like? Are we talking just sound quality or build quality/asthetics included? My TOTL is probably not your TOTL.

Jan 15, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #67,807 of 75,492
I really think it's fair to ask beforehand what your tastes are. Do you like the most balanced sound possible? Are you a basshead. What kind of music do you like? Are we talking just sound quality or build quality/asthetics included? My TOTL is probably not your TOTL.
LOL

Why would he say all that???? he is giving her personal opinion.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #67,808 of 75,492
Just wanted to stop by to share my review of the newer TGXEar offering - the Ripples. You can find it here. I hope people find it insightful.

_DSC3638crop.jpg

Much respect to @tgx78 for implementing this interesting driver well in the MX500 shell. Not my favourite of his buds but it goes toe-to-toe with his other models, offers something unique and is arguably the most complete package.

Also, it's a bit delayed but I just want to say: Happy New Year to all, I hope 2023 brings everyone happiness and contentment!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #67,809 of 75,492
Hello, been a while. I've been using my Yincrow X6s and the other similar-looking plastic pair whose name I always forget (DIY MX500 something something) a lot more again recently for gaming and while I generally like them, I've been starting to feel like the shells are just a bit too big with any foams (I use the donut ones for both). Like, if I get them to fit properly they do feel fine, but it's always a hassle to actually find that fit. Without foams, the size is perfect but they both sound a bit tinny.

Are there any earbuds around with just slightly smaller shells, or is this it as far as size and shape goes? Looking for a cheap pair and a warm sound again, but the sound quality isn't THAT important since it's for gaming.

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #67,810 of 75,492
Hello, been a while. I've been using my Yincrow X6s and the other similar-looking plastic pair whose name I always forget (DIY MX500 something something) a lot more again recently for gaming and while I generally like them, I've been starting to feel like the shells are just a bit too big with any foams (I use the donut ones for both). Like, if I get them to fit properly they do feel fine, but it's always a hassle to actually find that fit. Without foams, the size is perfect but they both sound a bit tinny.

Are there any earbuds around with just slightly smaller shells, or is this it as far as size and shape goes? Looking for a cheap pair and a warm sound again, but the sound quality isn't THAT important since it's for gaming.
A pair like this is extremely comfortable

€ 38,39 5%de DESCUENTO | Auriculares diy pk1 pk2 SR2 16 Ohmios/32 ohmios/150 ohmios 8 share heart of ocean silver plated wire
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvwEoXj

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #67,811 of 75,492
A pair like this is extremely comfortable

€ 38,39 5%de DESCUENTO | Auriculares diy pk1 pk2 SR2 16 Ohmios/32 ohmios/150 ohmios 8 share heart of ocean silver plated wire
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvwEoXj

image.png

🤔 lol

But thank you, I'll have to give those a try. How's the sound on these, does the length impedance matter much on that front? Also, should I get another set of foams for these?

Jan 16, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #67,812 of 75,492
Hello everyone and happy new year! I haven't posted much here on Head-Fi, but I've been lurking and reading this thread for a long time and would like to thank you all for the great info and impressions on all these different earbuds mentioned on this thread. When I started using Flathead earbuds again couple of years ago I only owned around 5 different earbuds, but now I've listened to maybe 30 pairs of them (almost all cheap Budget-Fi models) and I learned that although these cheap 1-20€ models offer huge value for money / sound quality per $, the sound quality on them is mostly sidegrades / tuning preferences and maybe in hindsight I should have just saved my money and bought a couple of high end earbuds instead like the Fiio FF3 / FF5 or Yincrow RW-2000 / RW-3000 or DIY models like the Serratus. LOL oh well I can't spend much on this hobby anymore for now and I'm still happy with all the different earbuds / headphones that I've got.

Jan 16, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #67,813 of 75,492

Hey arar I would recommend both the TRN EMA 5-10€ and QianYun Qian39 10€ earbuds since the fit / comfort and ergonomics on them is better and smaller than any MX500 shell earbuds (though all MX500 shell earbuds fit my ears perfectly and give a better seal / bass than the EMA or Qian39). Yincrow X6 sounds warmer and has stronger and better bass than the EMA or Qian39, but the comfort on those two is the best of any earbuds I've used. Sound quality or bass quantity on them both while pretty good isn't the best, but the fit / comfort is unmatched. I would also recommend these Trig Rain thin and small earbud foams that doesn't muffle highs like most dense thick foams do, though I personally prefer thick full foams which give a stronger seal and thus better bass.

TRN EMA: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.23.21ef1802maROkk

Qian39: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...order_list.order_list_main.169.21ef1802maROkk

Trig Rain foams: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...8.0&pvid=8ff309a1-13ba-4502-87d8-96f13226e789

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #67,814 of 75,492
Hey arar I would recommend both the TRN EMA 5-10€ and QianYun Qian39 10€ earbuds since the fit / comfort and ergonomics on them is better and smaller than any MX500 shell earbuds (though all MX500 shell earbuds fit my ears perfectly and give a better seal / bass than the EMA or Qian39). Yincrow X6 sounds warmer and has stronger and better bass than the EMA or Qian39, but the comfort on those two is the best of any earbuds I've used. Sound quality or bass quantity on them both while pretty good isn't the best, but the fit / comfort is unmatched. I would also recommend these Trig Rain thin and small earbud foams that doesn't muffle highs like most dense thick foams do, though I personally prefer thick full foams which give a stronger seal and thus better bass.

TRN EMA: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.23.21ef1802maROkk

Qian39: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...order_list.order_list_main.169.21ef1802maROkk

Trig Rain foams: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003421800580.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_topSellerIng.0.0.4a41f4d9KZ2wxC&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000025712873124","ship_from":""}&gps-id=pcStoreJustForYou&scm=1007.23125.137358.0&scm_id=1007.23125.137358.0&scm-url=1007.23125.137358.0&pvid=8ff309a1-13ba-4502-87d8-96f13226e789

Wonderful, those are some really cheap boys too, definitely a better choice for me right now--no offense to FranQL and the very appealingly named "diy earphone pk1 pk2 SR2 16ohms/32ohms/150ohms 8 share heart of ocean silver plated wire" buds! Surprised to see that the TRN EMAs even have detachable cables. For ten euros!

I enjoy the X6 bass a lot, but yeah, like I said, functionality and comfort are what I'm looking for right now so these seem like they should be perfectly fine for this particular use case. Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back