Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 3, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #66,363 of 75,875
What is better in ff3 ?
Much more engaging. Fun tuning. Love the bass.

The EM5 is probably technically better. I find that the tuning is safe and excels across the board. Unfortunately it just does not engage me as much as the FF3.

I also love the shells of the FF3. They are beautiful and also physically more comfortable to me.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #66,365 of 75,875
So...if i not a basshead and like classical and fusion jazz music em5 is more technically and high level buds ?
In that case I would recommend the TGXear Alpha. While the EM5 would excel for both classical and fusion jazz, the natural tonality of the Alpha gives it the edge. For me, the Alpha is the current mids king!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #66,367 of 75,875
Can you suggest me some buds better than Lbbs in it price range?
50$ is a desert for branded buds.
At that price point, you'll want to start looking into DIY makers. @RikudouGoku makes some of the best at that price point! I regard my RikuBuds very highly, and I like my Saber 1 more than the FF3 and Yinman 600 that are well loved here and cost much more.

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #66,369 of 75,875
What earbuds better - fiio em5 or fiio ff3 ?

I actually sold my EM5s because the bass takes over especially in more complicated tracks and starts to lose definition and swamp the mids. The FF3s do a great job of staying agile, clean, and controlled in the low end and they also have this huge presentation with a raw visceral quality that the EM5s (or any other earbud for that matter) doesn't have. The FF3s bass also stays out of the mids allowing them to remain detailed and pretty linear. I will say that the treble on the EM5s had a little more air and was more forward as I remember it and if there's one criticism I sometimes have of the FF3s it's that they could use a little air and sparkle for some tracks.

Overall, the FF3s are better and Fiio's CEO basically said that the FF series was meant to take what they had learned to make an even better flathead earbud tandem this time around. I think they're off to a magnificent start with the FF3s and I can't wait to see what they do with the FF5s.

Edit: I totally agree with @yaps66 assessment about the EM5s being good at basically everything, but not nearly as engaging or exciting as the FF3s. The massive presentation on the FF3s is something you can't get with any other earbud that I know of. With the EM5s you're getting a good earbud, but it doesn't have any standout or exceptional qualities, IMO.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #66,370 of 75,875
So...if i not a basshead and like classical and fusion jazz music em5 is more technically and high level buds ?
I have not heard the FF3 but I did not like the EM5 for classical music (90% of my listening). The bass is excellent but the treble was very harsh for me, especially in string instruments. For classical I like the Yinman 600.

Nov 3, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #66,372 of 75,875
Hey there @o0genesis0o really nice inputs about the JD7s and I'm wondering how it compares to the FF3s right now?

Very different beasts. FF3 is warm with big bass and pulled back treble. JD7 is close to Blessing 2, or more specifically the OG Dunu SA6. None of the frequencies is too forward or too subdued, with a nice 6k dip to control sibilance.

JD7 has large soundstage in IEM sense. FF3 sounds like semi-open back headphones.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #66,373 of 75,875
I am going to put a classifieds listing soon, but I have a pretty much new Smabat M2s Pro with original box and cable, and an extra pair of the stock 40 ohm bio drivers with it. also a pretty much new Smabat M4 with black gold 150 ohm drivers.

edit: on classifieds now

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #66,374 of 75,875
Wrong thread! Oops

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back