Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #62,356 of 75,277
How difficult are they to drive? All of my sources have dual saber chips without any independent amp, so around 70mW to 120mW at 32ohm on single ended output.
Because they are so sensitive, you should be able to drive that with your current equipment (5mW @0.77Vrms and 2.6mA for 110DBSPL). Though you may not have a bunch of headroom.
Oh they have only 3.5 no 4.4 jack
If you contact them you can request whichever connector you want. I got 2.5mm balanced for mine (I assume you are talking about the Yinman 2.0 600).

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #62,357 of 75,277
Because they are so sensitive, you should be able to drive that with your current equipment (5mW @0.77Vrms and 2.6mA for 110DBSPL). Though you may not have a bunch of headroom.

If you contact them you can request whichever connector you want. I got 2.5mm balanced for mine (I assume you are talking about the Yinman 2.0 600).
Hi bro, yes Yinman 2.0 600.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #62,358 of 75,277
Hi bro, yes Yinman 2.0 600.
I cannot compare to VE as I have not heard them, but I CAN say they are my current favorites of my earbud collection. Some I have do better at one thing or another, but these are the best all around buds and can handle pretty much anything you throw at them.

Anyhow, if you are thinking of ordering them on AE, just contact them before you place the order and they will hook you up with whichever connector you want.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #62,359 of 75,277
I guess I should ignore the bass shell and read the rest like IEM graph? That ear gain looks deadly, though. Nearly 20db. At least it has an ear gain at the right place.
You should ignore the whole thing. It’s done incorrectly and will have no correlation with what you hear (though you may hear WAY TOO MUCH PINNA GAIN). This is what kills me about SMABAT. They make some of the most beautiful drivers and shells capable of bass, but whatever they are doing with their measurements makes zero sense in anything but an alien world and it seems to be a source of their tuning dysfunction. I’m now sure I’m not buying this bud.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #62,360 of 75,277
Quick update on FF3 after a couple days with it:
  • Still super impressive
  • The upper midrange definitely has that Harman shout / shrill. Singers with high voice like Ed Sheeran and the guy from Maroon 5 are borderline painful. It’s not sibilance, just the forward upper midrange. Not difficult to fix with EQ, though. I use the same profile that I apply to every other Harman-ish IEMs.
  • Bass is beautiful. How a flat bass with rolled off subbass can sound that large and textured is beyond me. Because the bass is quite flat in terms of quantity, no bleed or muddiness. No boosting is necessary for me, and this comes from a guy who loves the thicc bass of E5000.
  • I want a bit more air. Perhaps that’s because I always EQ my IEMs to sound like TIA treble of 64 Audio IEMs. Adding a bit 16k gives the sound a bit of that floating background instruments effect.

Is it always the case that good ear buds punch way above their price point comparing to IEMs?

Btw, I saw this review and was bracing myself for kilobuck price tag. It turns out this TOTL is cheaper than a midrange IEM.
What foams are you using now? You can see from the graphs I posted that with the VE foams you should not have any issue with shout.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #62,361 of 75,277
NEW YINMAN 600 ohm High Impedance In Ear Earphone 600ohm Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs HIFI Earbud Earphone Limite
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq5YzQs

Is this the one?

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #62,363 of 75,277
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #62,364 of 75,277
Okayyy, I’m sticking to the lower impedance version.
They seems to be fairly resilient to abuse as well. I washed and dried mine a few weeks ago. They work perfectly, but the foams are softer and smell flowers.

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #62,365 of 75,277
They seems to be fairly resilient to abuse as well. I washed and dried mine a few weeks ago. They work perfectly, but the foams are softer and smell flowers.
Nice! I used to have a set of IEMs that smelled of chocolate (they did this on purpose for all of them BTW)... LOL

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #62,367 of 75,277
What foams are you using now? You can see from the graphs I posted that with the VE foams you should not have any issue with shout.

I use donut foams. The balanced and bass foams do tame the upper midrange a bit, but I find the drop in resolution unacceptable. They bring FF3 from a high-end IEM level (think of something like Sennheiser IE900) to an "adequate" IEM level (something like Moondrop Aria).

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #62,368 of 75,277
I use donut foams. The balanced and bass foams do tame the upper midrange a bit, but I find the drop in resolution unacceptable. They bring FF3 from a high-end IEM level (think of something like Sennheiser IE900) to an "adequate" IEM level (something like Moondrop Aria).
Did you try thin foams? I always find donut foams too hot in the upper mids and treble, but the thin foams are somewhere between the balanced and the donuts.

if you are still not happy with them, just get an e12 Monte Blanc LOL. I laugh, but I’m sort of serious.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #62,369 of 75,277

I just put the in a power calculator. For 300ohm, this pair of ear buds requires so little power. I might get this one to try.

Aug 2, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #62,370 of 75,277
Any direct comparisons/rankings available that include both midrange/high-end earbuds and IEMs? I'm looking for stuff that's at least around technically competent as a Moondrop Dusk, but having only tried budget earbuds means I lack reference points to predict how good an earbud sounds based on impressions or reviews of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back