Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 8, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #61,786 of 75,216
On another note, I would like to hear more of your thoughts regarding these? I know you said you like them, but how do they compare against your (thousands of) buds you have had in your ears, for instance?
I'll need another good week or two (perhaps longer due to a new baby scheduled to arrive in the family any day now) before I am able to fully comprehend their signature and make comparisons. I'll certainly post my thoughts and findings and will look forward to reading yours as well.
:wink:

Jul 8, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #61,787 of 75,216
I'll need another good week or two (perhaps longer due to a new baby scheduled to arrive in the family any day now) before I am able to fully comprehend their signature and make comparisons. I'll certainly post my thoughts and findings and will look forward to reading yours as well.
:wink:
Fantastic! :beerchug:

Jul 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #61,788 of 75,216
Very interesting! Though, now that I have heard them (all but the 32 Ohm), I can't say I disagree with you.

Oh, I totally get you there. I probably have way too much head gear laying around to not seem like I am frivolous. I keep telling my wife that I have all the different ones because they all sound a bit different (which they do), and she simply looks at me as if to say "yeah right". :)

So, what driver do you have (perma) installed on the M2s Pro if you are using the other drivers in an MX shell?

when you get tired of that same sound over and over again I guess there must come a time when you want them to sound good, when that time comes... you will move on to MX500 or other shell

Jul 8, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #61,789 of 75,216
Very interesting! Though, now that I have heard them (all but the 32 Ohm), I can't say I disagree with you.

Oh, I totally get you there. I probably have way too much head gear laying around to not seem like I am frivolous. I keep telling my wife that I have all the different ones because they all sound a bit different (which they do), and she simply looks at me as if to say "yeah right". :)

So, what driver do you have (perma) installed on the M2s Pro if you are using the other drivers in an MX shell?
The LCP :)

Jul 8, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #61,790 of 75,216
In term of bass quantity, is RW2000 is better than Ms2 Pro with Super One Driver?
I had a chance to listen to both with some different songs that I often use for testing bass, and while I could give a quick answer of this one or that one, it is actually a bit more complicated than that between the two buds.

At first listen I was going to say that the RW2000 have more quantity, but then noticed that they actually don't, sort of....

The RW2000 has a pretty good boost to mid bass and upper bass, and this gives the perception that the quantity of bass is higher, but also with speed and accuracy. after listening to them both, I think that the SO driver in the M2s Pro actually has more quantity of bass than the RW2000 overall AND depending on what song you are listening to as to whether you would hear this or not. That is to say that there is a bit more sub-bass, and there isn't as much of a mid-bass hump, so they are more linear up the curve.

So, bottom line is that the RW2000 will seem like more bass for rock and music with little sub-bass, and the SO driver will seem like more when there are lower notes audible (IE rap, pop, etc...). The other thing I noticed that does affect the perception of quantity is that the RW2000 actually has some pretty loose and slow bass with less texture compared to the SO driver (which might be why they boosted the mid-bass region); where the SO driver is much more textured, with very fast transients. Resolution is much better on the SO, so this might give the perception on some tracks that there is less quantity. Basically this means that the RW2000 sound pretty bassy at all times, where the SO will sound bassy only when called for or needed.

So, in the end it will depend on what you define as better. Personally, I find the more accurate, speedier, faster transients to sound better to my ears. But there are those that really love the slower, less resolving, but having more presence at all times (rather than only when called for).

Hope that was helpful?!

Jul 8, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #61,792 of 75,216
I should add @samandhi, the LCP is very, very good in this shell. One of my best buds. It is the only one I’ve tried in the M2s Pro shell that doesn’t sound too SMABAT to me. In fact, I really enjoy it.
Really? Ok, so your preference is that the LCP is the best of the drivers when talking about the M2s Pro shell? Now that I have been listening to the SO driver (to answer the bass quantity question above), I really like how wide this one is. This is going to take weeks to get a good background on which one does this and that, and which one is best (to my ears) overall. I knew that my first impressions were going to be false in the end. Because they are more similar than they are different, one has to give them a good LONG listen to hear the differences.

I appreciate sharing your thoughts on these with me. I know it has been a while since you were messing around with these, and I should have gotten these back then, but better late than never right? (I am not normally an early adopter, or even a mid-adopter either) :sunglasses:

On that note, I got another reply on the 32 Ohm driver from Smabat, and it was shipped the same day that I ordered the $1 logistics thingy... I am looking forward to hearing this one for the first time.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #61,793 of 75,216
I had a chance to listen to both with some different songs that I often use for testing bass, and while I could give a quick answer of this one or that one, it is actually a bit more complicated than that between the two buds.

At first listen I was going to say that the RW2000 have more quantity, but then noticed that they actually don't, sort of....

The RW2000 has a pretty good boost to mid bass and upper bass, and this gives the perception that the quantity of bass is higher, but also with speed and accuracy. after listening to them both, I think that the SO driver in the M2s Pro actually has more quantity of bass than the RW2000 overall AND depending on what song you are listening to as to whether you would hear this or not. That is to say that there is a bit more sub-bass, and there isn't as much of a mid-bass hump, so they are more linear up the curve.

So, bottom line is that the RW2000 will seem like more bass for rock and music with little sub-bass, and the SO driver will seem like more when there are lower notes audible (IE rap, pop, etc...). The other thing I noticed that does affect the perception of quantity is that the RW2000 actually has some pretty loose and slow bass with less texture compared to the SO driver (which might be why they boosted the mid-bass region); where the SO driver is much more textured, with very fast transients. Resolution is much better on the SO, so this might give the perception on some tracks that there is less quantity. Basically this means that the RW2000 sound pretty bassy at all times, where the SO will sound bassy only when called for or needed.

So, in the end it will depend on what you define as better. Personally, I find the more accurate, speedier, faster transients to sound better to my ears. But there are those that really love the slower, less resolving, but having more presence at all times (rather than only when called for).

Hope that was helpful?!
brooooo thank you so much bro! You just save my money ! I guess I'll stick on super one for a time longer 😉

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #61,794 of 75,216
Really? Ok, so your preference is that the LCP is the best of the drivers when talking about the M2s Pro shell? Now that I have been listening to the SO driver (to answer the bass quantity question above), I really like how wide this one is. This is going to take weeks to get a good background on which one does this and that, and which one is best (to my ears) overall. I knew that my first impressions were going to be false in the end. Because they are more similar than they are different, one has to give them a good LONG listen to hear the differences.

I appreciate sharing your thoughts on these with me. I know it has been a while since you were messing around with these, and I should have gotten these back then, but better late than never right? (I am not normally an early adopter, or even a mid-adopter either) :sunglasses:

On that note, I got another reply on the 32 Ohm driver from Smabat, and it was shipped the same day that I ordered the $1 logistics thingy... I am looking forward to hearing this one for the first time.
They all have what appear to be subtle benefits and detriments over the others. None of them are bad. The timbre in LCP and Bio diaphragms seems to be more pleasant and the ear can tolerate tuning issues more with them. The ti diaphragms need to be perfectly tuned though the 150 seems to have tremendous potential with a tight deep bass and a huge soundstage.

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #61,795 of 75,216
brooooo thank you so much bro! You just save my money ! I guess I'll stick on super one for a time longer 😉
You are welcome!

If you are feeling like you need more quantity of bass overall, you might consider getting the 150 Ohm TI driver for the M2s Pro?! Obviously, you have seen that I have not finished (thoroughly) listening and comparing these drivers, but it seems to me that the 150TI has more quantity of bass (while retaining the tight, textured, fast control); I think it is very similar in its presentation to the SO driver, just more of it. You WILL lose some width in the soundstage (to my ears), but I am thinking it has a warmer/fuller/thicker sound overall because of this.

Take all of this with many "grains of salt" for now though, as I may change my mind about this the longer I get to listen to them. As you know it takes a bit of time to change out the drivers, and then put them back together, put the foams back on, etc... so it will probably never be proper A/B(ing).

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to talk you into/out of anything. I was just putting that out there in case you were itching for a bigger bass sound. The SO driver is EXTREMELY good, and I would be happy with it if it were the only one I had for sure, and the difference isn't huge IMHO.

Jul 9, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #61,796 of 75,216
They all have what appear to be subtle benefits and detriments over the others. None of them are bad. The timbre in LCP and Bio diaphragms seems to be more pleasant and the ear can tolerate tuning issues more with them. The ti diaphragms need to be perfectly tuned though the 150 seems to have tremendous potential with a tight deep bass and a huge soundstage.
Well, I will have to let you know whether our ears hear the same from these drivers... :) Keep in mind though that I will be using the M2s Pro shell exclusively (at least for now) for these, so they might not match your findings either way.

I do agree that none of these do I want to toss in the garbage bin though (I still really like the stock 40TI driver also)... :thumbsup:

Jul 9, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #61,797 of 75,216
You are welcome!

If you are feeling like you need more quantity of bass overall, you might consider getting the 150 Ohm TI driver for the M2s Pro?! Obviously, you have seen that I have not finished (thoroughly) listening and comparing these drivers, but it seems to me that the 150TI has more quantity of bass (while retaining the tight, textured, fast control); I think it is very similar in its presentation to the SO driver, just more of it. You WILL lose some width in the soundstage (to my ears), but I am thinking it has a warmer/fuller/thicker sound overall because of this.

Take all of this with many "grains of salt" for now though, as I may change my mind about this the longer I get to listen to them. As you know it takes a bit of time to change out the drivers, and then put them back together, put the foams back on, etc... so it will probably never be proper A/B(ing).

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to talk you into/out of anything. I was just putting that out there in case you were itching for a bigger bass sound. The SO driver is EXTREMELY good, and I would be happy with it if it were the only one I had for sure, and the difference isn't huge IMHO.
Ah nice! I already have the 150 Ti ohms...guess I won't need to buy new earbuds these few months. The wife going to be happy I have extra nickels for her.. haha 😂

Jul 9, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #61,798 of 75,216
Ah nice! I already have the 150 Ti ohms...guess I won't need to buy new earbuds these few months. The wife going to be happy I have extra nickels for her.. haha 😂
OH! Fantastic. You are all set then for a while IMO. Both of them are fantastic! :thumbsup:

Oh yes! Wives will take all the extra nickels you give them, and then ask for more, so really if you think about it, you are fighting a losing battle either way... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #61,799 of 75,216
Birthday money spent :)
4138C8EF-2089-4282-AEFE-77779FCFF8C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #61,800 of 75,216
Birthday money spent :)
4138C8EF-2089-4282-AEFE-77779FCFF8C2.jpeg
PS If anyone’s interested, I have a mint Penon BS1 Official available to trade for something of similar value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back