Earbuds Round-Up
May 1, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #61,111 of 75,335
Depending on the earbud's shell & faceplate design and more so an individual's ear shape... silicon rings can/may improve the "seal" which in-turn can/may improve bass response (depth and details), as well as improve imaging and detail retrieval which in-turn may improve the timbre. But rarely remarkably so... though stellar improvement can happen sometimes. Using a ring or a wide-gauged donut foam cushion, of any material type, simply reverts that particular earbud back to it's original "base tuning" aka "nude" state... which please carefully note: you may or may not like. These silicon rings can be quite helpful in correcting an "ill-fitting" earbud that is too loose in one's ear. And then sometimes we will apply a full/donut foam cushion right over that (on top of that). Do note that many flathead fanatics find silicon rings uncomfortable, especially for prolonged listening sessions, and thus why foam donuts of various gauges (hole diameters) are sometimes preferred instead.

You may find this post helpful.
I even tried full foams with this silicone ring over them once. While they did seal better, you are right in that they became uncomfortable quickly:
20210731_161149.jpg

Is it me or have the wireless bluetooth earphone brands significantly turned-up (doubled) their efforts to completely hijack/kidnap the "earbuds" moniker for themselves?! Wireless Earbuds?! Aghast... no they ain't! Sony appears to be one of the guiltiest of committing this heinous act which is too bad as they were an early producer of the flathead earbud! Nonetheless Sony deserves to have both it's legs broken with metal baseball bats! I wish manufacturers had gone with wireless IEMs or better yet wireless ear receivers (earphones) and kindly left the earbud name to the original and almighty flathead!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Concur... indeed, when it should be "earphones" aka "ear receivers". I guess at some point it will become so confusing that we will be forced to use "flathead" instead for clarity's sake.
This has been going on for some time now. I have this debate about once /month or so over on the TWS thread. Here in the US it has become all but impossible to find flatheads doing a google search because EVERY result is about TWS (90%) or IEMs (10%).
I need it tonight! I don't think I have an aliexpress account anymore and don't really want to deal with it. Tempted to remove a cable from another bud but those tiny connecters scare me. Tom always did that.
You could try using your fingernail on your thumb. Place it in between the connector and earbuds, then push in and up (away from the bud), and it should come free pretty easily without fear of damaging the wires, or the connection. :)

May 2, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #61,113 of 75,335
279186815_305714185057699_6343507904853989502_n.jpg

New earbuds from NiceHCK to be released soon. Seems their new modus operandi is to follow Tanchjim and Moondrop in putting anime waifuus on the packaging!

Seems you can select 4.4 mm termination?

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #61,114 of 75,335
279186815_305714185057699_6343507904853989502_n.jpg

New earbuds from NiceHCK to be released soon. Seems their new modus operandi is to follow Tanchjim and Moondrop in putting anime waifuus on the packaging!

Seems you can select 4.4 mm termination?
Thanks for sharing! Was there any impedance information with the announcement?

May 2, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #61,115 of 75,335
Thanks for sharing! Was there any impedance information with the announcement?

Not much other info yet boss. The specs are something I am interested to know too, since the 14.8 mm driver + 4.4 mm connectors may hint that they potentially may be a beast to drive.

China is having a major public holiday these few days, I think we will find out more once they return from work!

May 2, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #61,116 of 75,335
May 2, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #61,117 of 75,335
Not much other info yet boss. The specs are something I am interested to know too, since the 14.8 mm driver + 4.4 mm connectors may hint that they potentially may be a beast to drive.

China is having a major public holiday these few days, I think we will find out more once they return from work!
By searching the text on the pic, was able to find this. It is 16ohm driver and someone already has a initial impression of it from review unit I guess, below is link.
Please translate to preferred language, it is in Chinese.
From what I read on the post, it'll go on sale on 6th may after their holiday.

Impressions

Official Post

May 2, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #61,118 of 75,335
By searching the text on the pic, was able to find this. It is 16ohm driver and someone already has a initial impression of it from review unit I guess, below is link.
Please translate to preferred language, it is in Chinese.
From what I read on the post, it'll go on sale on 6th may after their holiday.

Impressions

Official Post
You are awesome! I had completely missed this over on erji.net. Many thanks!

May 2, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #61,119 of 75,335
Hi
I'm looking for some earbuds (d'uh) since my last two pairs died ...
I used to have Apple Earbuds, the comfort was top notch and I had a Nice Hck ME80. The sound was very airy and light, I heard details I never heard before which is great. Wide Soundstage too. But the shape was uncomfortable and it wasn't that stable in my ear. Plus it's died rather quickly.

I also had a few IEM's pairs : KZ ate S, KZ ZST and shure se215.

Here is what i'm looking for :

Shape : Earpod like or very small. Not like the bell shaped me80.
Price : 50$ or less.
Cable : Detachable if possible with MMCX connector so I can replace it easily.
Sound : More or less like the one with the earpods. I found the shure one a bit muddy and sparkless and the me 80 were lacking some bass.
Housing : Metal if possible.
Mic : Yes

I want something that I can keep a long time since I'm a student and budget is bit tight.
I'll be listening on iphone 8, laptop and maybe Ipod Classic.

Sen-fer pt25 would have been perfect but it seems that it's not produced anymore sadly.
What about this one ? Or this one ?

I'm open to all the propositions, and i'm looking forward to discuss them and be part of this community.

Thank you

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #61,120 of 75,335
Hi
I'm looking for some earbuds (d'uh) since my last two pairs died ...
I used to have Apple Earbuds, the comfort was top notch and I had a Nice Hck ME80. The sound was very airy and light, I heard details I never heard before which is great. Wide Soundstage too. But the shape was uncomfortable and it wasn't that stable in my ear. Plus it's died rather quickly.

I also had a few IEM's pairs : KZ ate S, KZ ZST and shure se215.

Here is what i'm looking for :

Shape : Earpod like or very small. Not like the bell shaped me80.
Price : 50$ or less.
Cable : Detachable if possible with MMCX connector so I can replace it easily.
Sound : More or less like the one with the earpods. I found the shure one a bit muddy and sparkless and the me 80 were lacking some bass.
Housing : Metal if possible.

I want something that I can keep a long time since I'm a student and budget is bit tight.
I'll be listening on iphone 8, laptop and maybe Ipod Classic.

Sen-fer pt25 would have been perfect but it seems that it's not produced anymore sadly.
What about this one ? Or this one ?

I'm open to all the propositions, and i'm looking forward to discuss them and be part of this community.

Thank you
Yincrow RW-100

May 2, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #61,123 of 75,335
Do you there is something similar with detachable cable ?
Havent tried any nor seen any like that.
That shell is rare enough as it is, so I dont think you can expect to find many (besides DIY) shells like that with a replaceable cable.

May 2, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #61,125 of 75,335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back