Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 18, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #59,371 of 75,339
I don´t have Chaconne, perhaps one day..... but I totally agree with you about earbuds.
I owned a lot of TIER iems and the timbre on earbuds is better by far for my tastes, no matter the issolation for me.
This is what is absolutely killing it for me. The timbre of earbuds sounds so natural compared to all the IEMs I have. Only my HD650 can reproduce that natural timbre I am looking for.

The way they reproduce the resonance of instruments and vocals is amazing and out of all the technical attributes of listening equipment I have found that the correct sounding timbre is what I appreciate the most.

Dec 18, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #59,372 of 75,339
This is what is absolutely killing it for me. The timbre of earbuds sounds so natural compared to all the IEMs I have. Only my HD650 can reproduce that natural timbre I am looking for.

The way they reproduce the resonance of instruments and vocals is amazing and out of all the technical attributes of listening equipment I have found that the correct sounding timbre is what I appreciate the most.

Same boat here! A lot of the time I don't need the technical prowess of IEMs, I just want to hear the sweet reverb of strings or the breath through a woodwind instrument and earbuds do that best.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #59,373 of 75,339
Yeah I love Chaconne and is now my most used daily bud, love it for ambient and modern classical - the timbre and staging is unreal. I was listening to an album in bed this morning, a new one so not familiar and it honestly took me a moment a few times to establish if noises were in the music or from the room/house!

Dec 19, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #59,376 of 75,339
I listened to the 32Pro some more those days and i'm still puzzled by those little things.
I listen to audio gear for many years but i'm not a real gearhead, i tend to look for something that pleases me and stick with it for some years.
The 32Pro really please me: smooth, natural, good timbre and really resolving for earbuds.

I use them on a Xiaomi phone with the excellent E1DA 9038D dongle. (Insanely resolving and powerful for a mobile device)

I still have to compare them to more expensive ones like the Astrotec Lyra Nature (which don't get the love they deserve, i think) and some other TOTL for example but i may have found an endgame for now.

Buy those and the Bell LBBS abd you have 2 really fantastic and complementary buds for a very reasonnable price.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #59,381 of 75,339
Dec 20, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #59,384 of 75,339
^ i dont think thats really helpful. i own a couple of 32pros and dont think it will suit your preferences if you like a colder analytical sound. 32pro is warm, grand, musical, analogue, smooth, bassy. when i think of an analytical earbud i remember when i got the nicehck ebx21. with that said, there is some merit in trying stuff even if you dont think you’ll like it if you can afford it, you might realize your tastes have changed or are more open than you once thought

Dec 20, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #59,385 of 75,339
I agree with nOOB, 32Pro probably won't be your cup of tea. You can look for Bell LBBS (very resolving), or analytical earbuds like EBX or if you have the budget Chaconne or Bell TI (but i have not listened to them...mabye one day).. or Rose Maria, maybe?
As an Etymotic lover, i can tell you 32Pro are very very different. Difficult to find something which looks like Ety (i mean very detailed, based on thé Diffuse Field Curve without being bright) with earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back