Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 23, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #59,026 of 75,259
I'm currently running Shozy Cygnus on a daily basis so thinking about upgrading. I was initially going to go straight up to Shozy BK, but after doing some research, I'm looking at Fiio EM5 and Moondrop Chaconne as well. It seems that the EM5 is disliked by some on this
board, so is Chaconne still the way to go here around this price bracket or has something better shown up?
I have and enjoy both. I have dinky ears, and can't use foams. The EM5, being lighter, is easier on my ears, and has a full, robust sound... maybe a tad more bass. The Chaconne is brighter-sounding, still with enough bass (for buds), but the weight in the ears can be a little fatiguing after awhile. The left Chaconne bud cut out after two days of use, and were replaced by the vendor... so the back and forth from China was time-consuming. The replacement pair work fine (so far), though. Less expensive buds I enjoy (and are small enough to fit) include the ISN Rambo II, and the LBBs.

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #59,028 of 75,259
I have and enjoy both. I have dinky ears, and can't use foams. The EM5, being lighter, is easier on my ears, and has a full, robust sound... maybe a tad more bass. The Chaconne is brighter-sounding, still with enough bass (for buds), but the weight in the ears can be a little fatiguing after awhile. The left Chaconne bud cut out after two days of use, and were replaced by the vendor... so the back and forth from China was time-consuming. The replacement pair work fine (so far), though. Less expensive buds I enjoy (and are small enough to fit) include the ISN Rambo II, and the LBBs.
sorry about your first chaconne, it's good that you got it replaced though. Since we're dealing with chi-fi seems like it's unavoidable to have longer turn around. Are you noticing any differences in detail retrieval between the two?

Nov 24, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #59,029 of 75,259
My November purchase just arrived! Woohoo! My first PK shell n boy it's so comfy...
20211123_160833.jpg
Well it's actually bigger than a normal PK shell ... but look, they look really good, and with some tuning the sound is pretty good.
38.jpg

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #59,032 of 75,259
Just received my LBBs and EBX21. Going to give them a couple of hours listen each before I form an opinion but my god the LBBs are good. The tone and tembre is amazing. The EBX seriously lack bass but going to give them a little EQ and see how I get on.
what music you listen to?
with classical music ebx21's bass is very good... maybe with a good dac/amp... but I find it is correctly present, it is equilibrated with the overall frequencies' picture also with jazz and electronic.
maybe you can try to rotate them towards the nose (so that their sound "converges"). Bass will incredibly "grow", although it will never be too heavy.

Nov 24, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #59,034 of 75,259
what music you listen to?
with classical music ebx21's bass is very good... maybe with a good dac/amp... but I find it is correctly present, it is equilibrated with the overall frequencies' picture also with jazz and electronic.
maybe you can try to rotate them towards the nose (so that their sound "converges"). Bass will incredibly "grow", although it will never be too heavy.
I am not really a believer in DACs and Amps being able to change the FR of earphones but I am using a chord mojo as my amp.

As I say it's really early doors and my impressions were 10 mins after coming out of the box.

Nov 24, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #59,036 of 75,259
With EBX21 I needed to use full foam with donut foam over it and MMCX cable that goes over the ear to get a secure fit and best seal possible for decent midbass without compromising clarity and taming some treble harshness. LBBS sounded more suitable for my library and fit my ears better, shame because I love the EBX21 industrial design

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #59,039 of 75,259
Just got the Ksearphone Bell-LB from Amazon. I like them, nice clarity and with the the full foam (not the donut version) they have nice bass too, of course not very deep. The fit is perfect for my ears, and the silver cable is cool. Wish they included a portable case though. No left and right symbols, one bud has a logo and that's the right channel.

Edit: So I put them in the included over the ear adapters and used the donut foam, and wow the bass just came out of nowhere. These are hands down the best earbuds I've heard in this configuration, also very low profile. Getting the donut pads on are a challenge though.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #59,040 of 75,259
Just got the Ksearphone Bell-LB from Amazon. I like them, nice clarity and with the the full foam (not the donut version) they have nice bass too, of course not very deep. The fit is perfect for my ears, and the silver cable is cool. Wish they included a portable case though. No left and right symbols, one bud has a logo and that's the right channel.
L & R confused me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back