Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 22, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #59,011 of 75,470
OK I'm back in the earbud game - placed an order for the Newbsound 32pro. I was tempted by the Chaconne and reports of its acoustical magic, especially at BF pricing, but I figured the cheaper more versatile Newbsound 32pro are a better way to figure out if I'll actually use earbuds. Thanks all for your feedback - I'll report back with impressions when I receive them.
good call, if anything because you won’t have to deal with the potentially wonky/heavy Chaconne fit. I’m listening to my Chaconne right now and decided to keep them with the understanding that they’re not going to be my all-rounders, just a vocals + chill type bud. Hope you enjoy the 32pros, and if you do decide to grab another bud, the chaconne would be a great complement for a brighter signature

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #59,012 of 75,470
Add me to the earbud convert list!

Really enjoying the Yincrow X6 that you guys recommended. Have been using them with my Xduoo MT-602 amp. A bit of extra power really opens the X6 up.

Comfort isn't great for me, I must have strange shape ears.
Going to order some Hiegi foam and silicon rings to see if that helps. Will have a play with double foaming to see if that helps.

Going to be hard to resist buying a few pairs of random cheapo buds over the next few days! Maybe some of these:
- LBBS
- RW9
- Faaeal rosemary
- Vido
- Jcally EP05 or EP09
- Quan39

Are either of the cheap VE's worth adding to that list (Monk plus or Lite)?

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #59,013 of 75,470
If you don’t like the X6 fit, try some cheapos from other shapes. The Monk Lite shape is almost invisible to my ear, and the PK shape is also very nice. After about a year into buds, the MX500 no longer bother me, but they are still not the most stable in my ears.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #59,014 of 75,470
If you don’t like the X6 fit, try some cheapos from other shapes. The Monk Lite shape is almost invisible to my ear, and the PK shape is also very nice. After about a year into buds, the MX500 no longer bother me, but they are still not the most stable in my ears.
Thanks 120 ohm Monk Lite added to my short(ish) list

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #59,015 of 75,470
Anyone know what the $89 NiceHCK lucky bag is?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003538996727.html
From the review there is no mention, but a cable picture that looks like the EBX21. If so that looks to be a pretty good price.

Edit: I see this has already been confirmed as the EBX21 a few days ago.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #59,016 of 75,470
You think you can pull a driver out of an MX500 shell @Stuff Jones ? Many people do it with a bottle opener. It’s probably safer than with your teeth. If so, for a few dollars you can tune a Tingo TG38s and have a world class bud. Particularly for natural,
acoustic instruments AND doubly so for recordings inside real spaces. I have it and the LBBs and I’m sure you’ll find that they are 2 different leagues of resolution and spaciousness. It’s the real diamond in the rough, but it does require tuning to get there. If you don’t want to attempt it, the LBBs isn’t a bad way to go. Comes tuned very nicely and has a great fit for me—better than an MX500. The Cacophony is a notoriously poorer fitting bud….
how did you managed to open the tingo?
seems like it uses superglue in it

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #59,020 of 75,470
current crowdfund prices are 64 for non pro and 158 for the pro
half of the original prices 💸
https://www.facebook.com/linhui20/posts/896515377899164
5_7e60daef-bdbc-4c2d-a76f-926ff90c127b_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Thanks, I have just contributed money to the SMABAT crowdfund effort! Though I paid for the non pro one, as I'm not too certain how well a BA can be implemented in a earbud (very ambitious project though!)

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #59,022 of 75,470
Thanks for the review and suggestion. It seems they are good to buy. I guess EP05 or any earlier version than EP09 is not good. From your post, it seems that EP09 has good details and also good amount of Bass and Sub-Bass too. Hope the sound is not thin and it is warm and smooth enough.

Only thing I am wondering if it is possible to buy only Main Body and no cable? I already have two cables so do not want that more. Are you (or anyone else) aware any store which can sell only MMCX Earbud part. Thanks.
If you're planning to buy them and use them with the included sponge covers, then you should be fine, since they sound really good with them. But, if you plan not to use the sponge covers, then I suggest you're better off not buying them, since it will probably be on the bright side.

About getting them without the cable: Unless you have a Taobao account you can purchase them there without the cable, but everywhere else like Aliexpress you'll probably have to purchase them with the cable.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #59,025 of 75,470
I'm currently running Shozy Cygnus on a daily basis so thinking about upgrading. I was initially going to go straight up to Shozy BK, but after doing some research, I'm looking at Fiio EM5 and Moondrop Chaconne as well. It seems that the EM5 is disliked by some on this board, so is Chaconne still the way to go here around this price bracket or has something better shown up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back