Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 22, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #58,996 of 75,267
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #58,999 of 75,267
The problem is how cheap they are compared to IEMs and Headphones! It's so easy to order 2 or 3 pairs at a time and be like a kid at Christmas when they arrive.

This has been the happiest discovery of the year for me - buds offer variety at half the price (or less) and maximum comfort.

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #59,001 of 75,267
current crowdfund prices are 64 for non pro and 158 for the pro
half of the original prices 💸
https://www.facebook.com/linhui20/posts/896515377899164
5_7e60daef-bdbc-4c2d-a76f-926ff90c127b_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #59,002 of 75,267
I listened to

VOYAGE-34.jpg

last night with my Penon BS1 Official out of my humble iPhone SE (2020) and Apple dongle. There were moments I shook my head, somewhat disgusted with myself that I have felt the need to spend multi-kilobucks, hahahaha! It was a joy to listen with that simple setup.

I am liking my new journey into buds, but I also know myself: my need for a return to life under 60Hz will surface, LOL. Though, at the same time, at least in my case, buds are pretty much intended for non-music listening (laptop use; video conference calls, Youtube vids; tv shows/movies), so I also don't have to be so absolutely critical, especially at these relatively wallet-friendly prices

I feel like I have returned to a sense of sanity in this hobby; my near 6 years away helped in that regard, for sure. Just sayin'....when I am balking at the current (upcoming BF deals) ~$300 asking price for the RW-3000, it tells me perhaps I am not irretrievably destined for feeling cornered into multi-kilobuck land.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #59,003 of 75,267
I listened to

VOYAGE-34.jpg

last night with my Penon BS1 Official out of my humble iPhone SE (2020) and Apple dongle. There were moments I shook my head, somewhat disgusted with myself that I have felt the need to spend multi-kilobucks, hahahaha! It was a joy to listen with that simple setup.

I am liking my new journey into buds, but I also know myself: my need for a return to life under 60Hz will surface, LOL. Though, at the same time, at least in my case, buds are pretty much intended for non-music listening (laptop use; video conference calls, Youtube vids; tv shows/movies), so I also don't have to be so absolutely critical, especially at these relatively wallet-friendly prices

I feel like I have returned to a sense of sanity in this hobby; my near 6 years away helped in that regard, for sure. Just sayin'....when I am balking at the current (upcoming BF deals) ~$300 asking price for the RW-3000, it tells me perhaps I am not irretrievably destined for feeling cornered into multi-kilobuck land.
The law of diminishing returns is perfectly illustrated with earbuds. Enjoy.

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #59,005 of 75,267
Welcome to the rabbit hole! Be careful a number of the earbuds you listed are not warm.

FiiO EM5 is a nicely performing and great sounding earbud but they have had some concerning QC issues... I am considering removing them from my God-Tier Earbuds list along with Ks Bell-Ti :cry:

Another excellent performing earbud but these are not warm sounding; the Yincrow RW-2000 along with it's older sibling the RW-1000 (Original and Bass Versions) these are very detailed earbuds though they can be quite fatiguing from some people and sibilant with certain music genres.
Really sounding like the new and latest RW-3000 may have solved these issues:fingers_crossed:

Very detailed; mid-centric; nearly fatigue-free earbud. Can be a tad forward (shouty) and even aggressive with certain music genres. Again, not a warm earbud but overall an excellent earbud and quite respected. @ClieOS also thinks highly of the newer PD21 which I hope to listen to in the next day or two along with Ks 2021 version of the Bell-Ti Onmyoji.

Pass; a really disappointing BRIGHT earbud.

Check out the Blur Earbuds Lovers thread and this post here. There is a ton info here (including how to contact Blur) and there are many Head-Fiers on this particular thread that will be more than happy to assist you in selecting a model. The warmest models currently available in ascending order are:
  • Blur (266R) MX400 Reference
  • Blur 189 Hybrid PK150
  • Blur (266R) PK32 Reference

Some other warm (warm-like) earbuds to consider are as follows:
  • Ksearphone 蓝精铃 Bell-Blue (32/33Ω; aka "The Smurfs" / "Blue Bell" / "Bell Smurf")
  • Ksearphone 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs (30Ω)
  • Ksearphone 钛铃阴阳师2021版 Bell-Ti Onmyoji v2021 (30Ω)
  • Moondrop Chaconne (24Ω)
  • Shozy 大黑 Big Black (BK) Stardust (16Ω Original c2016 w/ Brown Cable; added back to the list as the 2021 Reissue * is reported to be true to the original)
  • Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 Plus (120Ω; aka "SWD3+")
Awesome reply thanks. Actually after I posted I stumbled on you're god tier list thread which has many useful links overall as well. The yincraw look oddly comfortable although I am bit hesitant towards large metal buds as I suspect they would tend to annoy me after a while (hence my initial interest in the resin of em5). The Ksearphone's look really comfy though (and that blue is awesome).

Nov 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #59,006 of 75,267
Awesome reply thanks. Actually after I posted I stumbled on you're god tier list thread which has many useful links overall as well. The yincraw look oddly comfortable although I am bit hesitant towards large metal buds as I suspect they would tend to annoy me after a while (hence my initial interest in the resin of em5). The Ksearphone's look really comfy though (and that blue is awesome).
The Yincrow- RW earbuds are some of the most comfortable for me to wear, but I do wear them over ear where they are more stable and it is easier to obtain an optimal fit.

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #59,007 of 75,267
If your intentions are to use them with the sponge covers included in the package, then it will sound nicely balanced with plenty of details. And, while sub-bass/bass is not the deepest, it actually provides a broad, rich and punchy signature. It is tuned very well for those that are willing to use them with the included sponge covers for excellent balance with life-like vocals and hi-end micro details. Now, if you decide to use them without the sponge covers, chances are you might find them on the bright side. There has only been several impressions and talk about them including my own many pages back on this thread. So, you can checkout my impressions on them at the link below...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-16316946

Hope this helps...

-Clear
Thanks for the review and suggestion. It seems they are good to buy. I guess EP05 or any earlier version than EP09 is not good. From your post, it seems that EP09 has good details and also good amount of Bass and Sub-Bass too. Hope the sound is not thin and it is warm and smooth enough.

Only thing I am wondering if it is possible to buy only Main Body and no cable? I already have two cables so do not want that more. Are you (or anyone else) aware any store which can sell only MMCX Earbud part. Thanks.

Nov 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #59,009 of 75,267
OK I'm back in the earbud game - placed an order for the Newbsound 32pro. I was tempted by the Chaconne and reports of its acoustical magic, especially at BF pricing, but I figured the cheaper more versatile Newbsound 32pro are a better way to figure out if I'll actually use earbuds. Thanks all for your feedback - I'll report back with impressions when I receive them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back